The new 7th Sea story

The place for everything else.

The new 7th Sea story

Postby DiscoSoup » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:05 pm

So I was wondering how the new story in 2E differs from or is the same as that in 1E? Like how in the first edition all the magic was actually science? I liked that. How zombies were tissue controlled by a parasite, "magic" was genetic alteration and so on. Also, do Sophia's Daughters still suck?
DiscoSoup

Re: The new 7th Sea story

Postby kenderleech » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:14 pm

The answer to all that is "We dont know yet" and "Discuss it with your GM"
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:53 pm

Well I don't know about 2nd Ed, but I am working on a ret-con of SD so that they don't suck (for when we use them in Rogues of Canguine)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:18 am

You are asking about stuff that was added by the second wave of creators. I would venture we do not see the "why" on things like sorcery because it doesn't matter in a game of "what you do".

John will likely let this stuff fall into letting the GMs do what works for their version of Theah.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby DiscoSoup » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Ah, I see. It's too bad, though, as I actually liked the science angle. So different from everything else. Although the part about zombies being a parasite is actually from the core book.
DiscoSoup

Return to Mundane Matters