Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2

The place for everything else.

Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 07, 2017 11:33 pm

NO SPOILERS

Took the kiddos to see it this weekend... Risking the wrath of critics everywhere, I liked it better than the original. Now don't get me wrong I liked the original. but two things stood out to me with it (the original) that were problematic for me. 1) Starlord's "Bitch" comment at the end. It just struck me as completely unnecessary. 2) Starlord's really wooden acting. He just wasn't as good as the other characters (including Drax who was great)

Second suffered none of these problems. Only thing I could complain about was the flat spot in the middle when they get to daddy's planet. And even that was punctuated with chuckles.

For those of you who haven't seen it, stay all the way until you see the Marvel Studios logo at the end. There are like 5 cut scenes (the one with Groot is the best though).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2

Postby salamanca » Mon May 08, 2017 3:45 pm

I don't like it as much as part 1. Too much Disney-fied Groot. The whole thing had no feeling of real danger for anybody and it telegraphs everything.

I did like the Yondu's and Nebula character advancement. I like Stallone's team and want more of them. I like Dead and Kurt Russell.

It's not a bad movie, it just didn't clear the bar they set for me.

And the Stallone credits scene is the best.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby spizio » Thu May 25, 2017 8:13 pm

Interesting that the Marvel opening scroll has been switched from animated to stills from live action.
spizio

Postby Jungen » Wed May 31, 2017 3:59 pm

I liked the second one better, as well. Starlord just irritated me. He was way less irritating the second time. When I hear songs from the soundtrack in the second one, now, they trigger visuals of the scene from the movie in which they were played. That didn't happen in the first one.
-Jungen "Jack" von Richtoffen
Jungen

Return to Mundane Matters