What was your answer for it all?

The place for everything else.

What was your answer for it all?

Postby DiscoSoup » Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:39 pm

You know what I'm talking about. The Syrneth, the Sidhe and all that. The setting made it clear that it was genetics and technology that were secretly behind all the "magic". But why?

I always figured that the Sidhe were five-dimensional creatures, possibly ascended humans in the far, far future who explored human legends for fun. Like Theah is one of several "real" simulations studying human development.

I'm thinking that it's on some other dimensional plane and that the 7th Sea itself is a path to apotheosis. What do y'all think?
DiscoSoup

Re: What was your answer for it all?

Postby salamanca » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:27 pm

I put about 10 of my opinions on that in the PDF that covered the R&C and DK Origins in the Crescent lands. Editorial refused to let me reveal the truth.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby DiscoSoup » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:11 pm

What's the name of that one?
DiscoSoup

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:32 pm

May sound flippant, but never really cared. I like the not-knowing aspect of it all. Now don't get me wrong I love to hear people's theories but I just never want to have a definitive answer.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby DiscoSoup » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:34 am

I agree. I'd never state anything definitive, or at least make it canon.

So, get this. I've got a group in the works. None of the players know anything about Theah. Not a thing. My wife and our friend Bethany occasionally RP with me. The other prospective player is a friend of ours who, wow, I just realized, was not born when 7th Sea came out. His older sister and their dad might play, too.

To prevent any spoilers and to make chargen not take six hours at the first session I'm creating questionnaires and making characters from hat. I'm going to use that "Second Edition" homebrew by Chris Barter, but probably not add in the Aegeus nation.

Hah, they know nothing! They want to play a pirate crew. I'm going to make sure that at one point they end up with an Eisen noble on the ship, spring the Rogers on them and watch their jaws drop as old Reis slashes through his Dracheneisen armor.
DiscoSoup

Return to Mundane Matters