The Joy of Moving....

The place for everything else.

The Joy of Moving....

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:55 pm

is a bald-faced lie!!!!! (And I seriously doubt the sanity of anyone who says otherwise, Floyd included!)

So, Floyd has had the "moving itch" for over a year now, and I (barely) persuaded him that three years was the minimum I wanted to stay in one place. That being said, we are currently packing up the house, and will be moving on Thursday.

The new place is nice (about the same size as the house we rent now, although considerably nicer - freshly remodeled), and has a gas fireplace (which I love), and is only about a mile from the game store, but I really hate packing. It's amazing how much stuff you can accumulate in three years. And I will own that I'm a bit of a sentimentalist - I tend to heavily associate memories with items, and therefore have difficulty getting rid of them. I think I'm doing a better job of it this time. At least, it sure seems that way, given the amount of stuff I'm donating to Goodwill/Salvation Army, or just plain tossing out.

I just keep telling myself how much happier that fireplace will make me. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that the laundry room in the finished basement has a full-size fridge. We plan to move the Keurig down there as well, so there should be no need to even go upstairs on game night. ;)
CaitlinCallahan

Return to Mundane Matters