Today is...

The place for everything else.

Re: Today is...

Postby kenderleech » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:57 pm

salamanca wrote:Ambrosia Day (i would venture the modern recipe was not in use in ancient times of the gods...Greece had no coconut or whipped cream)

Are you sure they didnt have coconuts? Maybe they migrated?
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:57 pm

kenderleech wrote:
salamanca wrote:Ambrosia Day (i would venture the modern recipe was not in use in ancient times of the gods...Greece had no coconut or whipped cream)

Are you sure they didnt have coconuts? Maybe they migrated?

smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:49 pm

Did it take you 354 days to determine that this thread was silly?
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:12 pm

National Guard Birthday (there are a lot of them so pick a gift they can share)

Day of the Horse (handy to pull sleighs and deliver a message from The Don, get one while they last)

Violin Day (if you have one in the house, you just made yourself look 30 points smarter and more snooty to your friends)

Cocoa Day (the perfect drink for those sleigh rides and violin recitals. Get some for the holidays)

Pick a Pathologist Pal Day (if the pathologist is a good friend, they will cry when you get bad news on your test results. I got no idea what this event is about or logical reason for it)

And...

Salesperson Day (go buy stuff!)
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:02 am

Bouillabaisse Day (still soup, still wasting useful eating time)

And...

Alabana Day (it only sounds right if you go find a sound clip of the late football announcer Keith Jackson shouting it "AL-ah-BA-MAAaaaa")
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:41 pm

salamanca wrote:Alabana Day (it only sounds right if you go find a sound clip of the late football announcer Keith Jackson shouting it "AL-ah-BA-MAAaaaa")

For just a second I thought it was Albania Day or All Banana day, then I saw your comment and realized it was just a mis-type.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:31 am

This phone autocorrects everything and mis-spells every word. (And i just retyped 6 words in that sentence. I should leave things as the phone wants them just once)
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:06 am

Bill of Rights Day (Bill has the right to do what he wants today)

Cupcake/Lemon Cupcake Day (yet another example of "my special day isn't special enough)

Wear Your Pearls Day (be like June Cleaver and wear your best jewelry to do the household chores)

And...

Cat Herder's Day (i hope this is a facetious thing and not an actual career path)
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:25 am

salamanca wrote:Cat Herder's Day (i hope this is a facetious thing and not an actual career path)

So its retail managers day?

Also, cat herding isnt too hard if you have a laser pointer and a can of cat food. I found this out when all three cats got out of the house one afternoon.
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:53 am

Barbie and Barney Backlash Day (i think this was started by Malibu Ken after the breakup)

And...

Chocolate Covered Anything Day (bad plan! Bad plan! Olives, grapes, pickles, pork, grapefruit peel, doritos and pepperoni are all very, very bad)
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:57 am

Maple Syrup Day (have i mentioned how many holidays fall outside the item's production season? But maple syrup is good and i have some that has never traveled more than 600 yards since it was sap... local is double good)

And...

Wright Brothers Day (first to fly... in a plane that needed a downhill catapult launch lasted less than you can hold your breath and was lower than you can jump up and reach...but it was flight!)
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:22 am

Twin Day (they are talking actual twins and not the guy named Paco in Spain who just happens to look exactly like me. True story, he was an exchange student at my high school the year after i graduated, freaked the teachers out thinking i was back)

And...

Answer the phone like Buddy the Elf Day (i will be letting the phone go to voicemail all day)
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:40 am

Oatmeal Muffin Day (smaller cakes, just smaller cakes)

Hard Candy Day (ok, this was my late grandpa's vice. He grew up as one of the youngest in a huge family in the depression, there was no money for candy. As an adult, there was always a bowl of hard candy in the house. In the summer it was fused into a solid block by humidity but it was there)

And...

Re-Gifting Day (i gotta give away stuff i just got now? Wait, i haven't even got that stuff yet! Bad timing)
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:49 am

Ugly Christmas Sweater Day (Box Lunch/Hot Topic has several for our geeky interests)

Underdog Day (that is a sports term. It refers to the team less likely to win in the game. TODAY it is Kent State playing Utah in the Frisco Bowl)

And...

Mudd Day (as in Doctor Mudd, that man who treated John Wilkes Booth after he assassinated President Lincoln)
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:05 am

salamanca wrote:Underdog Day (that is a sports term. It refers to the team less likely to win in the game. TODAY it is Kent State playing Utah in the Frisco Bowl)

And...

Mudd Day (as in Doctor Mudd, that man who treated John Wilkes Booth after he assassinated President Lincoln)

Boy way to throw a wet blanket on what could otherwise have been a GREAT day! Just imagine the team-up (and ANIMATED no less!!!)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:36 am

Homeless Person Remembrance Day (it is tough out there. There are families living in tents with decent jobs just because of a couple medical bills. It could be almost any of us with a short burst of misfortune)

Humbug Day (here is your excuse to crank for a day after being too nice for the last several weeks)

National Maine Day (Maine has been the only state to list tgeir day as "national" seems they have more than lobster and Stephen King)

Crossword Puzzle Day (I need an 8 letter word for "seasonal change")

Winter Solstice (hey, solstice fits. Long silent night to you all)

Flashlight Day (kids, before science fiction we had a seperate device that looked like a lightsaber. It was full of batteries and created portable light. Your dad used to make you hold it while he fixed stuff)

French Fried Shrimp Day (#38 on Bubba's list of ways to make Shrimp)

And...

Phileas Fogg Win a Wager Day (bet you expected a good witty comment here)
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:53 am

National Homeless Persons Remembrance Day (not a typo, they get two in a row because too many people are ignoring the issues that need to be addressed)

Date Nut Bread Day (don't go bananas over this, that is a different recipe)

And...

Anne and Samantha Day (to support postage stamps for Anne Frank and Samantha Smith*, which is the least beat reason to honor either of them)

*don't remember Samantha Smith? She wrote a letter to Yuri Andropov during the cold war.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:53 am

Chanukah (i think i got the proper spelling there. )

Forefathers' Day (sounds like a Jerry Springer episode title)

Festivus (of all the things i never thought would stick, festivus is one of them. Gather around the pole, share in feats of strength and the airing of grievances.)

Pfeffernusse Day (german spice cookies...every day is a dessert day, but i actually like these aside from the perpetual threat of powdered sugar)

And...

National Roots Day (a day to encourage finding out exactly who you are descended from. That way you can avoid extra gift giving)
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:30 am

Christmas Eve (technically, it should be a "pre-holiday" but everybody gathers from out of town with nothing better to do so now it is an event)

And...

Eggnog Day (many recipes out there, skip the ones with Malort or lighter fluid)

Side note and personal request: if you are a literal last minute shopper, most stores close today at 6 pm. Be aware of the closing time and be paid up and out the door on time. That clerk got stuck with a really lousy shift and deserves to go home on time.
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:01 pm

Also, if i find out that you are one of those people going into a gas station tonight and buying more then 50 dollars in dollar lotto tickets, or more then 6 gift cards, I will take your drama dice away.
kenderleech

Postby salamanca » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:57 pm

Saturday is the most important historically day of the year. Prepare for it.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:33 am

kenderleech wrote:Also, if i find out that you are one of those people going into a gas station tonight and buying more then 50 dollars in dollar lotto tickets, or more then 6 gift cards, I will take your drama dice away.
so max of 50 and 6, got it!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:38 am

A'phabet Day (weirdeat way to celebrate "No L")

Pumpkin Pie Day (again, more of a thanksgiving thing around here)

And...

The Birthday of a very special person who has changed the lives of so, so many. (Best wishes to Jimmy Buffett)

And that Christmas thing. Hope you all have a pleasant day with family, friends, and surrogate family)
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:03 am

But Lemmy's birthday was YESTERDAY! :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:27 pm

Lady Grace wrote:But Lemmy's birthday was YESTERDAY! :twisted:

So was Ryan Secrest's, so it wasn't that big a deal.

Saturday is the big deal.
salamanca

PreviousNext

Return to Mundane Matters