31 Day Character Challenge

The place for everything else.

Mystic China

Postby MacShidhe » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:14 pm

Yin Kwan-ha

Legal Status: citizen of the People's Republic of China.
Alignment: Scrupulous.
Attributes: I.Q. 19, M.E. 12, M.A. 14, P.S. 20, P.P. 17, P.E. 15,
P.B. 12, Spd. 24.
Hit Points: 19. S.D.C. 60. Chi: 15. P.P.E. 8
Height: 5'11". Weight: 153 lbs.
Disposition: Kwan-ha is quiet and observant. He always thinks before answering questions but rarely seems evasive. He's not usually open to other people.
O.C.C.: Chun Tzu.
Experience Level: 1st
Combat Skills:
Primary Martial Arts Form: Pao Pat Mei Kung Fu (Leopard Style)
Martial Arts Powers and Abilities: Art of Stealth 63% (Jung Hua 72%), Wrist Hardening
Attacks per Melee: Three
Escape Moves: Roll with Punch/Fall/lmpact
Attack Moves: Leap
Basic Defensive Moves: Dodge, parry, and automatic parry.
Advanced Defenses: Multiple Dodge and Combination Parry/Attack.
Hand Attacks: Strike (punch), Backhand, and Claw Hand.
Basic Foot Attacks: Kick Attack, Tripping/Leg Hooks, Snap Kick, and Backward Sweep.
Special Attacks: Death Blow, Leap Attack, Combination Strike/Parry .
Combat Bonuses: + 4 to parry, +7 to dodge, +7 to roll with punch/fall, + 2 to strike.
Other Bonuses: sense of balance 65%, climb rope 82%, leap 6 feet high and 7 feet across, +2 strike with a body block/tackle 1d4+5 damage, walk tightrope/high wire 65%, backflip 65%, fearless of heights, critical Strike or knockout from behind, critical strike on a natural 20, +5 to escape from Arm Holds and can escape Wrist Joint Locks without harm.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree.
Skills: Go 55%, language: stage 4/classical Chinese literacy 75%, Chinese classical studies 60%, Chinese history 55%, detect ambush 55%, land navigation 55%, paramedic 66%, wilderness survival 55%, disguise 55%, Marxism-Leninism-Maoism 76%, military intelligence 56%, acrobatics, gymnastics, swimming 63%, climbing 44%, prowl 45%.
Secondary Skills: athletics (general), pilot automobile 88%/81%, language: English 55%, language: Korean 55%.
Weapon Proficiencies: knife, pistol.
Appearance: Kwan-ha Is a tall but otherwise average looking southern Chinese man.
Body Armor: None
Weapons and Equipment: Glock 17, combat knife
Available Money: $35,000.00

Yin Kwan-ha grew up in a small farming village near a Taoist monastery in Guangxi province. He was the smartest child in the village and was able to join the monastery at age 14. He spent the next 8 years training as a monk but was forced to leave for his military service. His service earned him a scholarship sponsored by the Institute for International Strategic Studies and he worked for them for a few years after graduation, watching developments on the Korean peninsula. He's recently been given a sabbatical to do some historical research and allow him to do some work as a movie consultant.
MacShidhe

Pathfinder (1st Edition)

Postby MacShidhe » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:40 am

This is a character I made for a game my friend is put together for after it's safe to get together in person again.

Spyros Kaplanailesinin
Male weretiger-kin skinwalker (fanglord) bloodrager (urban bloodrager) 1
CG Medium Humanoid (Shapechanger, Skinwalker)
Init +4; Senses Low-Light Vision; (Change Shape (See in Darkness)) Perception +7
DEFENSE
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +4 Dex)
hp 14
Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft. (Change Shape (50ft.))
Melee Masterwork rapier +5 (1d6+3/18-20) or Dagger +4 (1d4+3/19-20) or (Change Shape (2x Claws +4 1d4+3/x2)) or (Change Shape (Bite +4 1d6+3/x2))
Ranged Composite longbow (Str +3) +5 (1d8+3/x3) or Dagger +5 (1d4+3/19-20)
Special Attacks bloodline power (Destined Strike), bloodrage (8 rounds/day)
STATISTICS
Str 16, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 15
Base Atk +1; CMB +4; CMD 18
Feats Extra Feature
Skills Acrobatics +9, Climb+6, Handle Animal +3, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (nobility) +2, Perception +7; Armor Check Penalty –5
Traits Classically Schooled, Rich Parents, Well-Provisioned Adventurer
Drawbacks Family Ties
Languages Common, Elven
SQ Jump (1/day), bloodline (destined), fast movement
Combat Gear acid x2, potion of cure light wounds x2, alchemist's kindness; Other Gear masterwork chain shirt, masterwork rapier, composite longbow (Str +3) with arrows x10 and blunt arrows x10, dagger, sap, masterwork backpack, chalk, belt pouch, Flint and steel, mirror, sack, courtier's outfit, signet ring, 50' silk rope, sunrod x3, trail rations x5, waterskin, whetstone, 95 gp
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Change Shape A skinwalker can change shape to and from a bestial form as a
standard action. In bestial form, a skinwalker gains a +2 racial bonus to Charisma. While in this form, the skinwalker also takes on an animalistic feature that provides a special effect. Each time a skinwalker assumes bestial form, they can gain either a bite attack that deals 1d6 points of damage, two claw attacks that each deal 1d4 points of damage, +10-foot racial bonus to base speed, or see in darkness. These benefits last until the skinwalker returns to her humanoid form as a swift action. A skinwalker must first return to there humanoid form before changing to bestial form again to change benefits.

Controlled Bloodrage The character can can enter a controlled bloodrage for up to 8 rounds per day. During the controlled bloodrage they apply a +4 morale bonus to their Constitution, Dexterity, or Strength. They can apply the full bonus to one ability score or split the bonus between several scores in increments of 2. When using a controlled bloodrage, an urban bloodrager gains no bonus on Will saves, takes no penalties to AC, and can still use Charisma-, Dexterity-, and Intelligence-based skills. Once their bloodrage ends, the character is fatigued for twice the number of rounds he just bloodraged, and he can’t bloodrage again while fatigued or exhausted.

In addition, upon entering a bloodrage, the bloodrager can apply the effects up to two bloodrager spells he knows of 2nd level or lower to himself. The spells must each have a range of touch or personal. If a spell's duration is greater than 1 round, it instead lasts for the duration of the bloodrage. This use consumes bloodrager spell slots, as if he had cast the spells; he must have the spell slots available to take advantage of this effect.

Background Spyros was born under a full moon nine years after his father, Pashalis Kaplanailesinin, became Baron of Ulnar. Spyros proved to be the black sheep of the family. He wasn’t able to read minds or smart as the rest of the family and didn’t have his brother, Kirios’s, ability to multitask. All he seemed to have was his father’s and Uncle Dimitrious’s bad temper and Uncle Andreas’s arrogant attitude. His uncle gave Spyros his first job when he was twenty. He was sent to collect money from Romain d'Alleaume, a thug who was skimming protection money. The ruffian laughed at Spyros’s warning and attacked him. Spyros grew fangs and ripped out Romain’s throat. The fangs didn’t go away until he got back to his uncle. Dimitrious sent for his brothers who began fighting. Dimitrious wanted the boy as an enforcer to perpetuate the myth of the Beast of the Blast Slums. Pashalis wanted to know how his son had tiger blood. Andreas proclaimed that Spyros was an incarnation of their clan’s totem and, after Pashalis stormed out in anger, took Spyros home with him. The next day his mother, Charlene Vaissiere, brought his clothes and told him that he could return home once his father had calmed down. She died when her horse threw her on her way home. A few days later, Andreas told Spyros that, while he wanted Spyros as his apprentice, it was best if he stayed away for a while and sent him to The College of Magic and Foresight.

Spyros first few months at the college were difficult. He had an attitude and was a bully which caused some of the more divinely oriented students to gang up on him. Especially in Mithinica CalRayan’s fighting classes. She let Spyros get what he deserved the first few times and then started to give him advice. Not just about fighting but about respecting people and making friends. Mithinica also helped Spyros deal with the grief over his mother, especially after a Speak with Dead spell failed. By the end of Spyros’s fourth year, he had gone from being a bully to being someone who put bullies in their place, though he did start getting in trouble for fighting outside Mithinica’s of classes. His Uncle Andreas kept in touch but did not seem to take a lot of interest in Spyros’s education and insisting that he still needed to stay away. When Spyros graduated, his uncle sent him a vardo, horse, and a set of adventuring gear to make his time assisting the college after graduation easier.

Spyros is looking forward to completing his after graduation work and returning home, though he’s concerned that his father still seems to be angry with him.
MacShidhe

Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition - Dragonlance Campaign Sett

Postby MacShidhe » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:19 pm

Alexandra suggested I make a Kender character. I discovered they are among the most easy characters to make because you can give them a very simple backstory.

Tandit Haypenny

Male Kender Rogue 1
NG Small humanoid (kender)
Init +1; Senses Listen +5, Spot +7
Languages Common, Kenderspeak, Dwarven, Elven
AC 18 (+5 Dex, +1 size, leather armor), touch 16, flat-footed 13
hp 6 (1 HD)
Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +2
Spd 20 ft.
Melee quarterstaff +1 (1d4) or dagger +1 (1d3)
Ranged sling +6 1d3 or dagger +6 1d3
SA taunt, sneak attack +1d6
Base Atk +0; Grp -4
Abilities Str 11, Dex 20, Con 11, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 17
SQ fearlessness, evasion
Feats Open Minded (Rogue)
Skills Balance +9, Bluff +7, Climb +6, Disable Device +7, Escape Artist +9, Hide +13, Jump +0, Listen +5, Move Silently +11, Open Locks +11, Search +4, Sleight of Hand +11, Spot +7
Possessions Leather armor, quarterstaff, sling, daggers, backpack, flint and steel, bullseye lantern, small steel mirror, 1 pint flask of oil, belt pouches, masterwork thieves' tools, waterskin, 8 sp.

Tandit is a Kender who has wanderlust.
MacShidhe

Re: 31 Day Character Challenge

Postby salamanca » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:49 am

That backstory is 3 words longer than it needs to be. I know padding when i see it.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:06 pm

salamanca wrote:That backstory is 3 words longer than it needs to be. I know padding when i see it.

I was going to say 6 words too long.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:09 pm

You know, he stole that wanderlust from another character.
salamanca

Cyberpunk 2077

Postby MacShidhe » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:35 pm

Song-kyung Wiezynaka

INT 8
WILL 6
REF 6
LUCK 4
DEX 6
MOVE 6
TECH 4
BODY 4
COOL 8
EMP 8

HP 35
Humanity 46

Skills
Athletics 6
Brawling 2
Concentration 2
Education 6
Evaision 6
First Aid 2
Human Perception 6
Languuage (English) 4
Language (Streetslang) 2
Local Expert (??) 2
Perception 6
Persuasion 6
Stealth 2
Accounting 6
Bureaucracy 6
Business 6
Deduction 6
Handgun 2
Lip Reading 2
Personal Grooming 6

Gear
Excellent Quality Medium Pistol
60 Basic Pistol Rounds
Light Armorjack
Personal Carepack
Businesswear shirt, pants, and shoes

Cyberwear
Interface Plugs

Cybereye (Right)
- Chyron
- Microvideo

Cyberaudio Suite
- Audio Recorder
- Bug Detector
- Internal Agent

The 2077 family restaurant business is cut-throat. Everyone is looking for an edge, trying to find the next gimmick. Song works in research and development for Delicious Foods, Inc. He's just been moved to a new position developing Norwegian-Afghan fusion cuisine for a new chain restaurant. He suspects that someone who does not like him or his family has set him up to fail but doesn't know who.
MacShidhe

Star Trek Adventures

Postby MacShidhe » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:56 am

Lieutenant Tamer Paron

Species Trill
Environment Homeworld
Upbringing Starfleet
Starfleet Academy Operations Track
Career Veteran Officer
Career Event 1 Conflict with a Hostile Culture
Career Event 2 Special Commendation

Control 12
Daring 7
Fitness 10
Insight 7
Presence 8
Reason 10

Command 1
Conn 1
Engineering 5
Security 4
Science 2
Medicine 1

Value
Body and Mind Alike Must Be Healthy
Nothing Better Than Practical Experience
Serving Starfleet is a Family Tradition
The Price of Peace is Vigilance

Focus
Computers
Hand Phasers
Hand-to-Hand Combat
Shipboard Tactical Systems
Transporters & Replicators

Lieutenant junior grade Tamer Paron earned the Christopher Pike Medal of Valor during the early days of the Federation-Cardassian War when he helped repel a boarding party aboard the USS Walpole. He was promoted due to the award, but since then his career has plateaued. He is excellent at his job but he has a tendency to have an aggressive attitude toward security matters. He's been recently assigned to a new ship and hopes to that his new position will break him out of his rut.
MacShidhe

7th Sea, 2nd Edition

Postby MacShidhe » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:55 pm

It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to complete the 31 day challenge. Not because I can't make a new character everyday but because I overestimated the number of gaming systems I have. I only have four more systems left, two of which I have been putting off. This one is the first of those.

Rev Dietmar Wallenstein

Nation Eisen
Virtue The Beggar (Insightful)
Hubris The Fool (Curious)
Faith Objectionist
Languages Eisen, Montaigne, Old Thean

Traits
Brawn ●●○○○
Finesse ●●●○○
Wits ●●●○○
Resolve ●●●○○
Panache ●●○○○

Backgrounds
Hexe
Ungetumjager (Monster Hunter)

Skills
Aim ●●○○○
Athletics ●●○○○
Brawl ●●○○○
Convince ●○○○○
Empathy ●●○○○
Hide ●○○○○
Intimidate
Notice ●●●○○
Scholarship ●○○○○
Tempt ●○○○○
Theft ●○○○○
Weaponry ●●○○○

Advantages
Cast Iron Stomach
I Won't Die Here
Indomitable Will
Ordained
Sorcery: Hexenwerk (x2)
Valiant Spirit

Dietmar protects his flock from monsters, some of which are not human. He learned Hexenerk from the previous padre of his church and he takes his job very seriously. He's fortunate because his position gives him access to some materials that might be otherwise hard to come by. Some others may disagree with his use of Hexenwerk but he doesn't care. His flock is safe.
MacShidhe

Postby salamanca » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:42 pm

Sam, I am pretty sure you could find a handful of pretty easy mechanic and free pdfs for games on any number of websites. At least some of those might interest you.

Just don't do the game nobody speaks of.
salamanca

John Carter of Mars Roleplaying Game

Postby MacShidhe » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:43 am

salamanca wrote:Just don't do the game nobody speaks of.

May the writer's anatomy be used to test the accuracy of their random tables.

Modiphius offered the John Carter of Mars core rules as a download back in April. I've never read the books but the SyFy movie "Princess of Mars" was fun mindless entertainment.

U-Frax
Dashing Red Martian Airship Pirate

Attributes
Cunning 5
Daring 7
Empathy 6
Might 4
Passion 6
Reason 6

Stress Trackers
Confusion 6
Fear 7
Injury 5

Talents
Acrobatic Dodge (Grade 1)
You’re always moving and have a knack for recognizing opportunities to escape an aggressive enemy.
* Circumstance: When successful in defending against a physical attack.
* Effect: After dodging any physical attack you can move anywhere within Near range.

Airship Pilot (Grade 1)
You can crew and command airships, flying them with skill beyond most pilots.
* Circumstance: When crewing or commanding an airship.
* Effect: When crewing or commanding an airship, you may roll 1 bonus d20.

Flurry of Blows (Grade 4)
Your whole body is a weapon and when you are armed the effect is even deadlier. You land two blows for every one your foes manage, quickly cutting them down to size.
* Circumstance: When making a physical attack based Conflict action in Immediate range.
* Effect: Take an extra physical attack based Conflict action at any target in Immediate range.

Keen Marksman (Grade 1)
You are a careful and discerning shooter whose ability to think clearly and calculate a target’s distance and speed improves your shooting.
* Circumstance: When using firearms.
* Effect: You may always use Reason when shooting a firearm.

Flaw
Heroic Fury
Your courage is complemented by hot-blooded righteousness. When faced with an act of wrongdoing or oppression, every turn you spend not acting to stop it causes you to lose 2 Momentum.

CORE EQUIPMENT:
Sword

RENOWN AND ACCOLADES
* Title: Dwar (5 renown)
* Ally: Fellow Pirate Captain and his Crew (3 renown)
* Ally: Retired Ship Captain (2 renown)

WHAT YOU KNOW
* You speak and read common Barsoomian.
* You know of your nation and its neighbors.
* You have likely heard of the great cities of Helium and Zodanga, even if you don’t hail from there.
* You know of the threats, politics, and customs of your home kingdom.
* You know the basics of airship operation and red Martian science.
* The basic engineering and scientific principles behind Martian airships.
* Tactics and strategies of airship combat.
* Barsoom’s most famous navies and their most prominent ships and commanders.

WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW
* The customs of people in hidden places and remote locales.

WHAT YOU CAN DO
* You know the basics of self-defense, including the use of blades and firearms.
* You can operate basic machinery and use medicines and machines common to Red Martian culture.
* You can fly most vehicles under normal conditions and ride trained mounts.
* Fly anything that floats on Martian rays.
* Command, navigate, and repair most types of airship.
* Fight close quarters and with ship-based weapons.
MacShidhe

Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition

Postby MacShidhe » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:02 am

This is the other system I was putting off. I thought I had sold it to Half Price Books but found it in the garage.

Bartok
Level 1 Male Dragonborn Warlock
Alignment Good

Strength 10 (+0)
Constitution 18 (+4)
Dexterity 10 (+0)
Intelligence 12 (+1)
Wisdom 10 (+0)
Charisma 18 (+4)

Height: 6' 5"
Weight: 220 lb
Scales: Bronze
Eyes: Green

Maximum Hit Points: 30
Bloodied: 15
Surge Value: 11 [includes draconic heritage]
Surges / Day: 10 [includes constitution modifier]

Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Normal

Initiative: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [dexterity]
Base Strength Attack: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [strength]
Base Dexterity Attack: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [dexterity]
Base Constitution Attack: 1d20 +4 = + 4 [constitution]
Base Intelligence Attack: 1d20 +1 = + 1 [intelligence]
Base Wisdom Attack: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [wisdom]
Base Charisma Attack: 1d20 +4 = + 4 [charisma]

Armor Class: 13 = 10 + 1 [intelligence] + 2 [Leather]
Fortitude Defense: 14 = 10 + 4 [constitution]
Reflex Defense: 12 = 10 + 1 [warlock] + 1 [intelligence]
Will Defense: 15 = 10 + 1 [warlock] + 4 [charisma]

If your campaign uses the fixed-enhancement bonus system [PH2/Dark Sun], level 1 characters get +0 on attack/damage (0d6 extra damage on a critical hit) and +0 on all defenses. These bonuses do not stack with magic items.

Armor: Leather (15 lb)

Attacks:
Unarmed Melee: +0 [base strength attack] vs AC; damage 1[W]=1d4
Daggers (x3): +3 vs AC [0 strength attack] [+3 proficiency]; damage 1[W]=1d4 1 lb (Light blade); usable off-hand; light throwable
Thrown: range 5/10 +3 vs AC [0 dexterity attack] [+3 proficient, damage 1d4
Dragon Breath +6 [base constitution attack + 2] vs reflex; damage1d6+4 [constitution]
Eldritch Blast +4i (constitution / charisma) vs reflex
Hellish Rebuke +4i [base constitution attack] vs reflex [see online revision]
Diabolic Grasp +4i [base constitution attack] vs fortitude
Armor of Agathys [special]
i Implement-usable power. Apply a bonus as appropriate for magic, any implement expertises, etc.
Base Saving throw: d20 vs 10

Languages: Common; Draconic;

Skills:
Arcana: +6 = 1 [intelligence] +5 [class training]
Endurance: +9 = 4 [constitution] +5 [class training]
History: +8 = 1 [intelligence] + 2 [Dragonborn] +5 [class training]
Intimidate: +11 = 4 [charisma] + 2 [Dragonborn] +5 [class training]
Perception: +2 = 0 [wisdom] + 2 [alertness]

Feats:
Alertness Per Essentials, you cannot be surprised at all

At-Will:
Warlock's Curse [Warlock][minor action][damage can now be dealt only once/turn]
Eldritch Blast [Level 1][usable as ranged basic attack]
Hellish Rebuke [Level 1]

Encounter Powers:
Second Wind
Spend an Action Point [free action, not in surprise round]
Dragon Breath, Cold [Dragonborn][minor action]
Diabolic Grasp [Level 1]

Daily Powers:
Armor of Agathys [Level 1]

Dragonborn
+2 History, +2 Intimidate
Dragonborn Fury (when bloodied, +1 on attacks)
Dragonborn Heritage (healing surge includes constitution bonus)
Dragon Breath

Warlock
Eldritch Blast
This warlock's pact is infernal, with the Dark One's Blessing pact boon.
Prime Shot (+1 on ranged attacks if no ally is nearer)
Shadow Walk (if you move at least 3 squares, gain concealment until the end of your next turn)
Warlock's Curse (extra damage to any creature you have cursed during this encounter)

Bartok's Equipment:

18 lb Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)
2 lb Backpack
5 lb Bedroll
Flint and steel
1 lb Pouch (belt) x1
4 lb Waterskins x1
2 lb Rod
_____
32 lb
MacShidhe

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:48 am

Well if you want us to jump in with some suggestions Sam, I know a couple of games that are either easy to create characters for or have free "quick start" character creation/adventures available.

(Just to speed things up, I have all the following quickstart rules, but truth be told I don't remember how many actually have character creation included)
Blacksad
Blades in the Dark
Capharnaum
Cartel
Chivalry & Sorcery (5th Ed)
City of Mist
Corporia
Devil's Run
Feng Shui
Feast of Legends (the Wendy's Hamburgers RPG)
Fragged Empire
Ghostbusters (Not a quickstart, the actual game which is available online f.o.c.)
Godlike
Headspace
Hunt the Wicked
Judge Dredd
Liminal
Lost Souls (another actual game available online f.o.c.)
Marvel Super Heroes (also available online f.o.c.)
Monsters and Other Childish Things
Nahual
Nibiru
Noir World
Red Markets
Rememorex
Ruma: Dawn of the Empire
Shadows of Esteren
Spire
Star Frontiers (available online f.o.c.)
Star Wars (Roll and Keep, available online f.o.c.)
Supernatural
My Little Pony
Threadbare

(What can I say, I like rpgs, even if I know I'll never play them)

EDIT: Just because the question popped into my head, for the record, I have (conservatively) 250 separate RPGs (which does not count different editions as multiple games)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby MacShidhe » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:14 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Well if you want us to jump in with some suggestions Sam, I know a couple of games that are either easy to create characters for or have free "quick start" character creation/adventures available.

(Just to speed things up, I have all the following quickstart rules, but truth be told I don't remember how many actually have character creation included)

EDIT: Just because the question popped into my head, for the record, I have (conservatively) 250 separate RPGs (which does not count different editions as multiple games)

I'm trying to stick with games I've purchased and still have the player's manual.

What I have left are:

Mongoose Publishing
Conan the Roleplaying Game, 2nd Ed (d20)

AEG
Spycraft (d20)
Stargate SG-1 (d20)
Swashbuckling Adventures (d20, 3.0)
7th Seas, 1st Ed

Wizards of the Coast
Dungeons and Dragons, 3rd ed (Multiple Avalanche Press supplements)
D20 Modern

Palladium Games
The Robotech Roleplaying Game
Beyond the Supernatural
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and other Strangeness

Simulations Publications, Inc. (SPI)
Swords and Sorcery
MacShidhe

The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game

Postby MacShidhe » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:25 pm

This one is a really fun game that requires the GM and PCs to sit down and build your characters and the city you're playing in together.

Gordon Tanner
High Concept: Scion of the Formor
Trouble: Child of the Enemy
Other Aspects:
Fostering isn't what it used to be
I've got a swimming scholarship to any school I want
He's got that Innsmouth look

Skills
Athletics: Superb (+5)
Endurance: Great (+4)
Might: Great (+4)
Alertness: Good (+3)
Conviction: Good (+3)
Discipline: Good (+3)
Fists: Average (+2)
Guns: Average (+2)
Stealth: Average (+2)
Weapons: Average (+2)
Deciet: Fair (+1)
Driving: Fair (+1)
Presence: Fair (+1)
Resources: Fair (+1)
Scholarship: Fair (+1)

Powers
Aquatic [–1]
Inhuman Strength [–2]
Inhuman Speed [–2]
Inhuman Mental Toughness [–2]
Inhuman Toughness [–2]
Inhuman Recovery [–2]
The Catch [+1] Has to stay hydrated

Stress
Mental oooo(oo)
Social ooo
Physical oooo(oo), Armor:1

Gordon grew up in the foster care system and never knew his parents. He just knew he loved the water. He was never considered handsome. His eyes were just a littler too fare apart and his mouth too big. Still, he could swim better than anyone else. Recently, he's noticed some odd people hanging around town but he's much more concerned with keeping his grades up and where he's going to to go to college.
MacShidhe

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and other Strangeness

Postby MacShidhe » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:13 pm

Guy Batt

Alignment: Unprincipled
Attributes: I.Q. 15, M.E. 14, M.A. 15, P.S. 26, P.P. 12, P.E. 16, P.B. 10, Spd. 22
Weight: 651bs Height: 4ft 5in
Hit Points: 18 S.D.C.: 49

Human Features:
Hands — Full
Biped — Full
Speech — Full
Looks — None
Powers:
Flight
Sonar

Level of Experience: 1st Level
Level of Education: Lifelong Ninja Training
Natural Weapons: None

Weapon Proficiencies:
W.P. Automatic Pistol
W.P. Knife
W.P Kusari-Gama/Kyoketsu-Shogi
W.P. Shuriken

Physical Skills/Training:
Hand to Hand: Ninjitsu
Acrobatics
Athletics (general)
Body Building
Climbing — 78%
Prowl — 74%
Running

Espionage Skills/Special Training:
Detect Ambush — 50%
Escape Artist — 40%
Palming — 35%
Pick Locks — 45%
Pick Pockets — 45%

Vehicle Skills:
Pilot Automobile — 85%

COMBAT SKILLS:
Attacks Per Melee: 2
Bonuses: No Bonus to Strike; +4 to Dodge, +1 to Parry, +11 to Damage, + 4 to Roll With Punch or Fall.
Other Abilities: Sense of Balance 65%, Walk Tightrope or High Wire 65%, Climb Rope 82%, Back Flip 65%, Rappelling 35%.
Gear: Kyoketsu-Shogi, Survival Knife, .45 M1911A1 Automatic Pistol, 50 rounds .45 ACP, Waistband Holster, Gym Bag, 6 Shuriken, 12 Caltrops, a 3 foot towel, a small cooking pot, paper and pencil, matches, first aid kit (bandages, disinfectant, small scissors, painkiller), lock picks, clothing, an eggshell filled with blinding powder, enough rice, soybean curd and tea for 7 days of tight rations, $109.00.

Guy grew up in Appalachia. He never knew where he came from. He was always the weird kid from the hills. His best friend was a martial arts enthusiast who used him as a sparing partner. There wasn't much opportunity where they lived so he and his friend found work guarding a odd smelling trailer off of a back road. A couple weeks ago, the trailer exploded killing his friend and Guy doesn't know where to go or what to do with himself .
MacShidhe

Star Wars Roleplaying Game (revised)

Postby MacShidhe » Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:09 pm

This is the character I'm currently playing in Clone Wars game that's being run by one of the Heroes of Altamira's newest members.

Horo Deleste
Male Galacian (Near Human) Noble 4/Force Adept 5/Soldier 2
Init +0; Defense 21 (+11 Class); Spd 10m
VP/WP 77/14; Atk +8 melee (by weapon), or +9 (1d3+1, unarmed) or +8 ranged (by weapon);
SQ Favor +2, Inspire Confidence, Resource Access, Coordinate +1, Force Weapon +1d8
SV Fort +13, Ref +11, Will +14
SZ M; FP 10; Rep +4
Str 12, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 16

Equipment: Knife, Drolan Plasteel Sword, Customized Ayelixe/Krongbing Textiles Tracker Utility Vest (Reduced Armor Check), Gandorthral Atmospherics Oxidizer, Fabritech PAC20 Visusal Wrist Com, Ziko Heads-Up Macrobinoculars, Chiewab Amalgamated Pharmaceuticals Company ECM-598 Medical Backpack, Customized BlasTech DL-44 (Increased Range, Increased Threat) w/Novaless Soni-Optics Target Imager
Credit Chip, Soro-Suub Hush 98, Medpac, Power Pack x11, Courier Communications Scanner, Dalabar Micro-Electronics SDS-632 Surveillance Detector, Mastercraft Handheld Computer +2.

Skills: Appraise +7, Bluff +12, Bluff +8, Climb +2, Computer Use +18, Diplomacy +12, Disguise +7, Gather Information +9, Jump +2, Knowledge (Bureaucracy) +10, Knowledge (Business) +7, Knowledge (Politics) +9, Knowledge (Tactics) +9, Knowledge (Tactics) +7, Pilot +9, Read/Write Basic, Read/Write Sith, Sense Motive +10, Speak Basic, Spot +5, Treat Injury +9, Understand Bianary, Understand Shyriiwook.

Force Skills: Battlemind +8, Empathy +8, Enhance Ability +5, Enhance Senses +5, Farseeing +7, Friendship +13, Heal Another +12, Heal Self +7.

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Force Sensitive, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Streetwise, Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, blaster rifles, heavy weapons, simple weapons, primitive weapons).

Force Feats: Sense, Peacemaker, Control, Link, Alter

Horo Deleste was born in the city of Galu on the planet Gala in the Nuiri sector. His father, Corr Deleste, held a prominent position in a secretive religious group called the Unchained. Doctrine of the Unchained is summed in a simple statement.

There is only Love.
With Love I gain Courage.
With Courage I gain Potential.
With Potential I Triumph.
With Triumph I am Unchained.

The Book of the Unchained written in the Sacred Language. Followers rise within the group by donating to the church. The more they donate, the higher they rise and only the most prominent are taught the Sacred Language, which has no verbal counterpart. The Unchained are taught that the Jedi are thieves and that they must remain hidden lest The Dark One find them. The Jedi’s relationship to the Dark One is unclear but most Unchained think they are his minions.

The religion was small and Corr had made ends meet smuggling weapons and speeder parts to the Hill People. Corr used his ties with the Hill People to gain his wife, Solia, a position in the diplomatic ministry of the new government when democracy came to Gala in 44 BBY. Horo was born later that year and grew up surrounded by the Unchained, his father’s smuggling buddies, and his mother’s friends from the ministry. Horo was always an empathic child made friends easily as he was growing up. He enjoyed Swoop racing and hunting in the hills around Galu with his friends. After he graduated, he was given a job assisting with off-world purchases for the Government of Gala. His empathy and ability to make friends easily served him well in this position and soon he was allowed to negotiate purchases on his own. The job often took him away from Gala and he got to see the corruption that Gala’s taxes bought and Galactic Senate’s apathy toward the less developed worlds of the Republic.

Recently, he’s begun having visions of faraway events. They’re only glimpses but they have stopped him from making at one bad purchase.

Horo has been sent to Geonosis to oversee the loading of a shipment of 5,000 OOM and B1 battle droids for Gala Defense Forces. He had negotiated a very favorable loan with the InterGalactic Banking Clan to pay for them and was invited to a morning meeting with Wat Tambor, the Foreman of the Techno Union. The shipment took off last night without a hitch last night but he has been disappointed that his meeting with Foreman Tambor has been delayed till late this afternoon. He is aware that there are many important business leaders on the planet so he is not worried about the delay. He’s politely turned down the Geonosian’s invitation to witness an execution, stating that he doesn’t care to see anyone killed.

* The Unchained are a Sith cult that evolved into Scientology-like hippie mystery religion. The founder was a non-force using scribe, called Kedi Vansil, in the service of Darth Carnis during the Dark Age of the Republic. Kedi escaped to Gala with Carnis’s writings when Skere Kaan killed Darth Carnis during the formation of the Brotherhood of Darkness. Kedi started to teach Carnis’s philosophy and the cult grew for a century until the Jedi stepped in and confiscated the writings. The Unchained did their best to reconstruct the writings from memory and thus the Book of the Unchained was created.
MacShidhe

Re: Star Wars Roleplaying Game (revised)

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:33 am

MacShidhe wrote:This is the character I'm currently playing in Clone Wars game that's being run by one of the Heroes of Altamira's newest members.

Well I have to say, this has me intrigued...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Conan the Roleplaying Game, 2nd Ed

Postby MacShidhe » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:06 am

Nicholos Mazzini, Lord of Chalphon
Medium Humanoid (1st level Argossean/Aquilonian Noble)
Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (10 hp)
Initiative: +4

Speed: 30 ft.
Dodge Defence: 12
Parry Defence: 12
DR: 0

Attack: Arming Sword +2 finesse (1d10+2/19-20x2, AP2, ) or Ponaird +2 finesse (1d6+2/19-20x2, AP1)
Full Attack: Arming Sword +2 finesse (1d10+2/19-20x2, AP2, ) or Ponaird +2 finesse (1d6+2/19-20x2, AP1)
Special Attacks: None

Special Qualities: Rank Hath Its Privileges
Space/Reach: 5 ft. (1)/5 ft. (1)
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +9
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 17
Skills: Appraise +6, Balance +6, Bluff +5, Climb +6 (+0), Diplomacy +5, Gather Information +5, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Geography) +6, Knowledge (local) +6, Knowledge (Nobility) +6, Knowledge (Rumors) +6, Profession (Sailor) +10, Move Silently +8 (+0), Sense Motive +8, Spot +6, Swim +6, Use Rope +6
Feats: Argossean Dreamer, Eyes Of The Cat
Code of Honour: Honour Among Thieves
Languages: Argossean, Aquilonian, Bossonian, Brythunian, Corinthian, Hyperborean, Kothic, Nemedian, Ophirean, Pictish, Shemitish, Stygian, Talking Drum, Zamorian, Zingaran
Possessions: High Quality Arming Sword, High Quality Poniard, Belt Pouch, Knight's Belt, Sandals, Shirt and Braes, Trews, Tunic, 50 Page Blank Octavo, 2 Charcoal Markers, 9sp

Nicholos Mazzini is the only child of Duke Spyridos of Chalphon and his Aquilonian wife, Sabinia of Oxbridge. Being of mixed nationality, he bore the distinction of being born 9th in the line of succession to King Milo of Argos and 34th in the line of succession to King Numedides of Aquilonia. Chalphon was a small but valuable duchy in the Didymian Hills and his father was King Milo’s 1st cousin. When Nicholos turned 7, he was fostered to the royal palace in Messantia as a page. He quickly fell in love with the ocean and worked hard in the hopes of becoming an officer in the Argossean Navy, spending as much of his free time as possible at the docks.

A month after his 9th birthday, news came that his parents had disappeared. His grandfather, the Count of Oxbridge, was ill and his father and mother had gone to visit him. the Duke and Duchess were ambushed and kidnapped on their way back to Argos. The bandits escaped across the Nemedian border where the Duke and Duchess were sold to slavers. King Milo sent agents to find them but Duke Spyridos’s trail disappeared after he was taken to Koth and the Duchess disappeared after she was sold into Zamora. It was suspected that King Numedides was involved in their disappearance but nothing could be proven. King Milo took over administration of the Duchy of Chalphon until the fate of Nicholos’s father could be determined.

Nicholos rose to be Prince Cassio’s squire and rode with him when the Prince went to assist Conan’s crossing of the Alimane River. There he briefly met Conan. Conan the Cimmerian spoke to him 3 times that night, each time stating “More wine”. On the way home, after Nicholos brought up the rumor that Conan had almost died of either fever or poison right before their arrival, Prince Cassio laughed and advised him, “The graveyards of Hyborea are overfilled with the people who almost killed Conan the Cimmerian.”

After they returned to Messantia, Nicholos began to be sent out on naval ships to learn the art of sailing. He was too old to be a cabin boy so his first assignment was as a seaman aboard the Galleon King Cassius. The crew were initially unhappy with him, thinking that he had gotten his position due to nepotism. However, he showed that he was willing and able to work. After 3 years of volunteering for the evening, midnight, and morning watches and showing he was willing to work at whatever job that he was put to, he earned the station of seaman’s mate.

Captain Lutatos of the King Cassius had taken an interest in Nicholos’s career and suggested him to some of his friends that were running ships in the Seabreaker. Nicholos jumped at the chance and was quite proud to be a part of the crew of the Celestine Elk, which won the Seabreaker in the three-masted ship category that year and 4th the following year.

Soon after his second Seabreaker, Nicholos’s friend, Lord Arias of Pascalin, was given a thin lined, Zingaran rigged, single-masted yacht called the Pride of Pascalin for his 16th birthday. They decided to enter the Seabreaker themselves. They hired 6 young sailors as crew and set about preparing for the race. Arias was from a fief on the Ophirean border and had only about a year’s experience at sea but, as owner of the ship, declared himself captain. Nicholos acted as first officer. They took the Pride out as often as they could to make sure they knew the ship backwards and forwards.

One day, early the following spring, they took the Pride out for practice. They had had three weeks of good weather and there was no sign of it ending. One of the sailors commented that they were glad they were getting out to see because the sewers were especially ripe that morning1. The sea lanes had been clear all day when a storm suddenly brewed up. They were able to get the sail and mast down but the ship capsized as they tried to turn into the waves. Arias and one of the sailors disappeared but Nicholas and the other three crew members were able to ride out the storm for the next 18 hours by holding onto the Pride’s oaken hull. A day after the storm abated, they drifted within site of land and were found by a fishing boat. They found Arias when the righted the ship. He had been tangled in some ropes and drowned when the Pride capsized.

When Nicholos returned to Messantia, Captain Lutatos order him to attend and gave him the worst dressing down of his life2. Lutatos couldn’t believe they took a racing yacht out when there were clear signs of a storm. When Nicholos replied that he hadn’t seen any signs of the storm, he was called a fair-weather sailor. Lutatos ordered him to start keeping a weather log and rutter so he wouldn’t be caught unaware again.

The following few weeks were harrowing with questions and rumors. The Baron of Pascalin blamed Nicholos for his son’s death and wanted Nicholos barred from naval service. The final straw was when he heard the rumor that he was going to be banished to Chalphon3. Nicholas quietly packed his seaman’s chest and snuck out of the palace and took a room above a tavern near the docks.

Nicholos is first cousin once removed to King Milo of Argos and second cousin to Prince Cassio and Prince Ariostro. He is currently 24th in the line of succession for the throne of Argos and has no interest in the throne of Aquilonia, though he is currently 3rd in line to King Numedides’s legacy.

Nicholos considers King Numedides his most embarrassing relative and hates it when people bring him up in conversation.

Nicholos doesn’t want to be bound to his inland estate because he dreams of a life at sea chasing down pirates like Queen Bêlit of the Black Corsairs.

1 This is a sign of an incoming storm. Just before rain, humidity rises. Humid air carries tiny particles of the foul-smelling decaying matter from swamps and ditches.

2 The dressing down was more the panicked rant of a father who just found out their child nearly died doing something stupid than an actual laying of blame.

3 King Milo had already planned on sending Nicholos to Chalphon for a few years to learn to manage his estate. No one with any nautical experience thought what had happened was anything more than the result of the crew’s inexperience. The scandal simply offered an opportunity for the King’s plan to be moved up a few months while the scandal was put to rest.
MacShidhe

The Robotech Roleplaying Game

Postby MacShidhe » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:14 am

I would really like to play this game again. Unfortunately, I only know one other person who is familiar with the series.

Roland Spires

Hit Points: 19 S.D.C.: 67
Alignment: Scrupulous
Attributes: I.Q. 10, M.E. 16, M.A. 11, P.S. 13, P.P. 22, P.E. 12, P.B. 9, Spd. 10
Weight: 170lbs Height: 5ft 11in
Disposition: Gruff but friendly. Gets protective of the mecha he works on.
Level of Experience: 1st level Electrical Engineer
Skills: Computer Operation 81%, Computer Repair 66%, Electrical Engineering 71%, Mecha Electronics 66%, Read Sensory Instruments 56%, Basic Mathematics 98%, Advanced Mathematics 83%, Radio: Basic 66%, Mecha Mechanics 56%, Mechanical Engineer 61%, Veritech Mechanics 46%, Hand to Hand: Basic, Body Building & Weight Lifting, Boxing, Gymnastics, Wrestling, Pilot Automobile 90%, Pilot Mecha (Gladiator) 71%, Mecha Combat (Gladiator), Navigation (Air, Land, Sea) 76%, Weapon Systems 76%, W.P. Automatic Pistol, W.P. Semi & Fully Automatic Rifle, Climb 35%, Prowl 26%.
Bonuses: 2 Attacks per Melee, +6% One time skill bonus, +6 Hand to hand combat damage, +3 to Dodge/Parry, +2 to Strike, +5 to pull/roll with punch, fall, or impact, 65% Sense of Balance, 74% Climb Rope, 78% Back Flip, Pin/Incapacitate on 18, 19, or 20, Crush/Squeeze for 1d4 damage, Body Block/Tackle does 1d4 damage.
Personal Profile: Roland was going to college for electrical engineering when the Zentraedi global assault occurred. Almost everything and everyone he knew was destroyed in a few minutes of fire. With no where else to go, he joined the RDF who trained him to repair mecha. He avoids micronized Zentraedi because doesn't like to be reminded about everything he's lost but otherwise tries to keep a positive attitude.
MacShidhe

Stargate SG-1 Roleplaying Game

Postby MacShidhe » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:06 pm

This is a game that I would like to paly but I also have some one shot adventures ideas as well that I could run.

Edward DeSantis

Specialty: Enlisted Army Recruit
Class: Soldier
Level: 1

Str: 14
Dex: 16
Con: 19
Int: 14
Wis: 15
Cha: 12

Vitality: 16
Wounds: 19

Defense: 13 (+3 Dex)
Initiative Bonus: +4 (+1 Class, +3 Dex)
Speed: 30 ft.

Saving Throws
Fort: +5
Ref: +3
Will: +4

Special Qualities: +1 Specialty bonus to damage rolls made as the result of a successful ready action, Accurate

Skills: Climb +4, Concentration +4, Drive +5, First Aid +4, Hide +5, Intimidate +3, Move Silently +5, Spot +4

Feats: Armor Group Proficiency (Light, Medium, Heavy), Coolness Under Fire, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Group Proficiency (Handgun, Hurled, Melee, Rifle, Tactical)

Backgrounds: Debt (2), Problematic Relationship (2)

Attacks
Unarmed +3 1d3+2 (subdual)
FN P90 +4 1d10+3 (normal, error 1-2, threat 19-20, range 30 ft., qualities and mods AP, BP, RG)

Private First Class DeSantis found out about the Gao'uld and Jaffa by accident. He had joined the US Army staight out of High School as an infantryman. He went through training and within three months of reaching his assigned unit had married an exotic dancer and purchased a brand new SUV at 23% APR. A little after his 19th birthday, his unit was deployed to Afganistan. His unit was clearing out Taliban fighters in a mountinous area near the Pakistan border on his first combat patrol. There was a firefight and Edward chased an insurgent into a cave. When he entered the cave he discovered it was filled with Egyptian looking armor and jewelry. The insurgent attacked while he was clearing the room and caused part of the ceiling to colapse. The only thing left was one of the steel helmets. He turned the helmet in along with a report that the Taliban may have been funding themselves by selling artifacts. Four days later, Edward was being debriefed by a man in unmarked fatigues who then flew him out of Afganistan.

He's now been promoted and reassigned to Stargate Command. He is still trying to wrap his head around the fact that aliens exist and don't need spaceships to invade. He's worried that his wife isn't adjusting well to his new assignment and that their credit card bills keep getting higher. Hopefully, he'll be able to get that under control soon but he doesn't know where to go for help. This place isn't anything like his old unit.
MacShidhe

Beyond the Supernatural (1st Edition)

Postby MacShidhe » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:36 am

Harrison Fontaine

Alignment: Scrupulous
Attributes: I.Q.: 18, M.E.: 14, M.A.: 11, P.S.: 21, P.P.: 24, P.E. : 23, P.B.: 15, Spd.: 22
P.C.C. Type: Psychic Sensitive
P .C.C. Level: 1st
I.S.P.: 42 P.P.E.: 21
Hit Points: 27 S.D.C.: 42
Natural Abilities: Recognize Possession 55%, Recognize Magic Enchantment, Automatically sense the presence of supernatural evil within 300ft.
Attacks per Melee: 3 (1 Psychic attack per melee. Use of a psychic power during combat causes the loss of one melee attack.)
Magic: None
Level of Education: Three years of college.
Skills: Mathematics: Basic 96%, Read/Write/Speak English 98%, Computer Operation 79%, Intelligence 60%, Photography 69%, Research 69%, Writing (Journalistic) 52%, Acrobatics, Boxing, Gymnastics, Wrestling, Art 58%, History 64%, Lore: Demons & Monsters 54%, Lore: Ghosts & Faeries 54%, Lore: Religion 49%
Secondary Skills: Hand to Hand: Martial Arts, Climb 97%, Prowl 78%, Pilot: Automobile 94%, Navigation (Air, Land, Water) 79%, W.P. Automatic Pistol.
Psychic Powers: Meditation, Mind Block, Object Read, Presence Sense, See the Invisible, Sense Evil, Sense Magic, and Summon Inner Strength.
Bonuses: +4% one time Skill bonus, +6 Hand to hand combat damage, +7 to Parry/Dodge, +5 to Strike, +16% save vs Coma or Death, + 4 save vs Poison, +5 save vs magic, Sense of Balance 65%, Walk Tightrope or High Wire 65%, Climb Rope 82%, +11 to Roll with Punch, fall, or impact, Knockout Opponent on a 20 for 1d6 rounds, Leap 6ft high or 7ft long, Fearless of Heights, Back Flip 78%, Pin/Incapacitate on 18,19, or 20, Crush/Squeeze 1d4+6 damage, Body Block/Tackle does 1d4+6 damage an opponent must Dodge or Parry to avoid being knocked down, +3 save vs Possession, + 3 save vs Horror Factor. +7 save vs Mind Altering Drugs, Needs a 10 or 15 to save vs psychic attack (see Psychic Sensitive).

Harrison grew up in a small town in the Midwest. He got a sports scholarship to a small liberal arts college and is doing fairly well in school. He aspires to be either a writer or MMA fighter when he gets out of college. His fallback plan is journalism if those don't pan out, though. Lately, he's been getting weird feelings about stuff. There's something wrong in town and he doesn't quite know what it is. He's got what he learned in his classes though and hopes to use that to find out.
MacShidhe

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:40 am

That’s 27 by my count. You’ll make it Sam.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

D20 Modern

Postby MacShidhe » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:19 pm

I'm pretty sure that D20 Modern was WoTC's attempt at a GURPS type system. It worked, sorta. I think AEG's Spycraft and Stargate SG-1 games handled the modern world much better. The main issue D20 had was it didn't have a clear setting to play in. I don't have a GM to say what the them of the gamer is so the character below is a US soldier from WWII. It's as good a setting as any.

Clifton Bishop

Class: Fast Hero
Level: 1st
Talent: Evasion
Wealth: +7
Hit Points: 8
Action Points: 5

Saving Throws
Fortitude: +2
Reflex: +4
Willpower: +2

Attributes
Strength: 14
Dexterity: 16
Constitution: 14
Intelligence: 10
Wisdom: 14
Charisma: 10

Skills
Drive: +7
Hide: +8
Knowledge (Current Events) +4
Move Silently: +8
Profession (Soldier): +6

Feats: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Weapon Proficiency (Personal Firearms, Simple)
MacShidhe

Postby salamanca » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:07 pm

If you need another setting for a generic system, your game will be taking place in Monaco during the 1960's and it's a caper campaign.
salamanca

PreviousNext

Return to Mundane Matters