31 Day Character Challenge

The place for everything else.

31 Day Character Challenge

Postby MacShidhe » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:58 pm

I've decided to do the same 31 day challenge as John Wick. I've sold a lot of my books so I a lot of my characters will probably be d20. Anyway, hope you enjoy my self indulgence. :D
MacShidhe

Revised Recon

Postby MacShidhe » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:23 pm

Andrew Castaneda
Mercenary

Primary MOS: Intelligence
Secondary MOS: Point
Alignment: Opportunist-Karmic

Strength: 82
Alertness: 91
Agility: 66

Height: 5'
Weight: 149

Assault Rifle (M16): 30%
Grenade Throwing: 71%
Climbing: 91%/71%
Basic Infantry: 50%
Pistol: 35%
Submachine Gun: 55%
Light Machine Gun: 63%
Knife Fighting: 16%
Unarmed Combat: 71%
Basic Language (French): 60%
Silent Movement: 30%
Detect Ambush: 50%
Intelligence - Basic: 83%
Intelligence - Detect Guerilla: 49%

Andrew Castaneda has multiple Middle East deployments under his belt and had realized there's more money in foreign consulting. He's recently been contacted by a African country who needs help dealing with their long term insurgency. The country is a US ally but has a bad reputation. He thinks the job will be interesting.
Last edited by MacShidhe on Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacShidhe

Re: 31 Day Character Challenge

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:38 am

MacShidhe wrote:I've decided to do the same 31 day challenge as John Wick. I've sold a lot of my books so I a lot of my characters will probably be d20. Anyway, hope you enjoy my self indulgence. :D

You're going to put d20 all over my 7th Sea board?!?! That's it you're out! ;)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:55 am

The crystal keep files are sitting right over in the corner for the 4 things you don't know by heart.

Mark, it could be worse, he could be posting Vampire characters.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:36 pm

I could post my e-wrestlers... :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Teenagers From Outer Space

Postby MacShidhe » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:32 pm

salamanca wrote:Mark, it could be worse, he could be posting Vampire characters.

I don't have any WoD book but may have some pretty bad stuff. We'll see how quickly I run out of rulebooks.

Shawn Goth
Type: Real Weirdie

Smarts: 5
Bod: 2
Relationship with Parents: 6
Luck: 3
Driving: 6
Looks: 5
Cool: 5
Bonk: 5

Powers: Bounce, Monster Out, Shapechange

Knacks: Frighten Anybody +2, Get Date +1, Know Things-Mortals-Were-Not-Meant-To-Know +2

Traits: Curious, Friendly, Vengeful

Locker Contents: Pencils, Pens, schoolwork, textbooks, Book of Eibon (abridged)

Shawn is a gelatinous mass of eyes and mouths who is very happy he didn't need braces or glasses, like his older sibling did. His parents left their far-off world to seek a better life, away from the barrel shaped leaders who had dominated them. He does his best to fit in by taking the shape of people who are popular with his peers. His parents understand his desire to fit in but keep a very traditional home and expect him to keep his natural form when he is around the house. He doesn't invite his friends over much.
MacShidhe

Re: Teenagers From Outer Space

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:17 pm

MacShidhe wrote:Bonk: 5

MIsread this as "Boink" honest mistake, it IS about teenagers after all...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Rangers of Shadow Deep

Postby MacShidhe » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:57 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:
MacShidhe wrote:Bonk: 5

MIsread this as "Boink" honest mistake, it IS about teenagers after all...

The TFOS rules actually prevent PCs from boinking because sex is rarely comedic.

Rangers of Shadow Deep is a solo miniatures game that can also be played cooperatively. It has enough rolepaying elements that I'm going to say it counts as an RPG

Arthur Coldman

Move: 6
Fight: +2
Shoot: +2
Armor: 10
Will: +4
Health: 18

Heroic Abilities: Eldritch Recall, Split Cast

Spells: Amphibious, Heal

Skills:
Acrobatics: +2
Ancient Lore: +2
Armoury: +0
Climb: +2
Leadership: +5
Navigation: +5
Perception: +2
Pick Locks: +0
Read Runes: +2
Stealth: +5
Strength: +0
Survival: +5
Swim: +5
Track: +5
Traps: +0

Recruitment Points: +5

Equipment: Bow, Dagger, Sword, Light Armour, Quiver, Spellbook

Arthur comes from a long line of shamans from the Forest of Nar. He joined the Rangers to keep bandits away from using his home as a sanctuary. The coming of the Shadow Deep scares him because he doesn't know what it is or how it will be stopped. He just knows that he's one of the people that has to slow it down.
MacShidhe

Dungeons and Dragons Basic Box Set (Mauve Edition)

Postby MacShidhe » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:22 pm

Going old school. This was the first roleplaying game I ever played. That was almost 40 years ago.

Malibon
Class: Elf
Alignment: Neutral
Hp 4
AC 5

Str 14
Int 18
Wis 11
Dex 11
Con 10
Cha 10

Languages: Common, Elven, Neutral, Orc, Hobgoblin, Gnoll, Dwarvish, Halfling, and Kobold

Spells: Protection from Evil

Abilities
Infravison
1 in 3 Chance to locate secret doors
Cannot be paralyzed by ghouls

Equipment
Chainmail
Longbow
Quiver with 20 Arrows
Dagger
Normal Sword
Backpack
Iron Rations
50' Rope
Water/Wine Skin

0 Gold
MacShidhe

Postby salamanca » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:23 am

Malibon's adventure starts in a tavern but he has no gold to pay his tab. We are about 20 minutes away fr9m finding out if this character is spending the adventure a) wanted by local authorities. b) in jail. c)washing dishes and chopping wood to cover his mead tab. d) in debt to another player at the table.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:32 am

salamanca wrote:Malibon's adventure starts in a tavern but he has no gold to pay his tab. We are about 20 minutes away fr9m finding out if this character is spending the adventure a) wanted by local authorities. b) in jail. c)washing dishes and chopping wood to cover his mead tab. d) in debt to another player at the table.

You forgot the other option, the innkeeper has a bunch of rats in the basement that keep getting into his foodstuffs. Malibon can volunteer to go down there and take care of things, but will discover the problem is FAR more extensive than just a few errant critters (And there's extensive tunneling and probably a +1 Dagger down there too (Malibon wasn't the first adventurer the innkeeper sent down), but fortunately the deal Malibon worked out means he can keep whatever he finds.)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

The Princess Bride Role Playing Game

Postby MacShidhe » Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:06 pm

I finally opened my Princess Bride Roleplaying Game book. It looks like it could be a fun system but I like 7th Sea better.

Michael
Profession: Wandering Farmhand
“Grandpa, Wait!” Points: 1

Attributes
Body: Good
Wits: Good
Heart: Good

Gifts: Common Sense, Handsome

Inconveniences: Easy to Read, One Hand

Professional Skills
Farmhand: Great
Riding: Great
Camaraderie: Good
First Aid: Good
Repair: Good
Climbing: Fair
Schmoozing: Fair
Stealth: Fair
Dancing: Poor

Other Skills
Defense: Fair
Improvised Weapon: Fair
Vigilance & Observation: Fair
Jumping: Mediocre
Swimming: Mediocre
Throwing: Mediocre

Background: He's a farmhand. He grew up on a farm. He practiced farming. He's lucky he can read and has all his teeth. Pity about the horse stepping on his left hand, though.
MacShidhe

Postby salamanca » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:02 pm

But is Michael from Guilder or Florin?
salamanca

Postby daundelyon » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:08 pm

salamanca wrote:But is Michael from Guilder or Florin?

He said "I'll figure that out later." :lol:
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby salamanca » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:00 am

So he is from Florin claiming to be from Guilder... villain.
salamanca

Star Wars Role Playing Game: Age of Rebellion

Postby MacShidhe » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:47 am

daundelyon wrote:
salamanca wrote:But is Michael from Guilder or Florin?

He said "I'll figure that out later." :lol:

It would depend on where the GM had the game start :)

RA-7-FL
Species: Droid (3rd Degree)
Duty: Support

Brawn: 2
Agility: 2
Intellect: 3
Cunning: 2
Willpower: 1
Presence: 2

Wound Threshold: 12
Strain Threshold: 11
Defense: 0/0
Soak Value: 4

Skills
Charm: 1
Knowledge (Core Worlds): 1
Knowledge (Outer Rim): 1
Knowledge (Xenology): 1
Computer: 2
Negotiation: 2
Vigilance: 1
Ranged (Light): 1

Talents
Know Somebody
Smooth Talker (Negotiation)
Wheel and Deal

Equipment
Durasteel Plating
53 Credits

RA-7-FL is a logistics and supply droid who was originally purchased by the Royal Onderon Militia. It's model was distinguished by having a durasteel shell and a minimal amount of combat programming . During the Rise of the Empire, RA-7-FL was stolen and reprogrammed by a supply officer who joined the Rebellion and used the droid to make sure her cell was kept supplied. The officer was killed in a speeder accident two years later. The Rebellion has continued to use RA-7-FL, though the droid no longer has a clear owner. He's very good at his job and makes sure whatever cell he's working with has the supplies they need.
MacShidhe

Marvel Heroic Roleplaying: Civil War

Postby MacShidhe » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:30 pm

Chariot
Gamal bin Magdi [public]

Affiliations: Solo D6, Buddy D8, Team D10

Distinctions:
Philanthropist
Brilliant Investor
"You Can Be Better"

Power Sets

1ST SYLLABLE OF RA

Flight D10

SFX: Focus. If your pool includes a 1st Syllable of Ra power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one stepped-up die.

SFX: Second Wind. Before you take an action including a 1st Syllable of Ra power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the 1st Syllable of Ra power for this action.

Limit: Mutually Exclusive. Shutdown 1st Syllable of Ra to activate 2nd Syllable of Ra.

2ND SYLLABLE OF RA

Energy Blast D10

SFX: Focus. If your pool includes a 1st Syllable of Ra power, you may replace two dice of equal size with one stepped-up die.

Limit: Mutually Exclusive. Shutdown 1st Syllable of Ra to activate 2nd Syllable of Ra. Shutdown 2nd Syllable of Ra to recover 1st Syllable of Ra.

Specialties: Business Expert D8, Combat Expert D8, Mystic Expert D8

Milestones:

INVESTMENT STRATEGIES

1 XP when you use your Business Expert in a conflict.
3 XP when you hire an ally to make the world a better place.
10 XP when you either seize another character’s business assets or merge with another
character’s company.

"HAVE YOU CONSIDERED ANOTHER WAY?"
1 XP when you talk to an ally about seeing a noble side to a villain or enemy.
3 XP when you inflict emotional stress on a villain, causing them to abandon their
criminal ways.
10 XP when you leave a team you consider villainous or join a team you consider heroic.

Gamal bin Magdi is an investment banker grew up in Giza. He graduated the American University in Cairo with a degree in finance and has been to start his own, small brokerage firm. He uses the profits from his investments to improve his community. He never lost his childhood interest in Egyptology would also occasionally buy artifacts off the black market to donate to museums. One of the artifacts he purchased was a papyrus fragment with some interesting hieroglyphs on it. Using his amateur knowledge of hieroglyphics, he tried to pronounce the words that were on the page and briefly found himself floating in the air. He had gotten the vowels right. He found, with a little practice, he could fly by concentrating on the word. His next discovery was embarrassing because he accidentally burned a hole in his wall. Realizing that he he now had superpowers, he decided to become a hero. He's gotten okay at stopping street crime but doesn't feel he's ready to take on actual supervillains. The focus of his charities has shifted since becoming a hero to helping the families of the criminals he puts away to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads. He also helps create jobs for the criminals who have served their time so they don't have to return to a life of crime.

He thought Ben Grimm had the smartest idea during Civil War.
MacShidhe

Postby kenderleech » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:53 pm

When I saw that Sam was doing this, my first thought was "he's cutting back?"
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:35 am

I say this as someone who grew up playing Hero Systems/Champions, Sam. Marvel Heroic Roleplaying is THE BEST superhero rpg out there. It brilliantly sidesteps the "who would win in a fight?" by simply answering, the winner is whoever's book we're reading. So where Champions falls down when Captain America and Hulk fight (because lets be honest, Hulk is rolling at least 20d6 per punch, and cap is limited to human maximums, so first time Hulk gets lucky and hits cap, he's done, maybe even dead), MHR can easily handle it.

love, Love, LOVE this game!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby daundelyon » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:14 pm

kenderleech wrote:When I saw that Sam was doing this, my first thought was "he's cutting back?"

I thought I had a pretty good idea of how many game books we have in the house. I was very, very wrong.
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Starfinder

Postby MacShidhe » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:54 pm

daundelyon wrote:
kenderleech wrote:When I saw that Sam was doing this, my first thought was "he's cutting back?"

I thought I had a pretty good idea of how many game books we have in the house. I was very, very wrong.

I may want to borrow your Doctor Who and Zoro books :D

Yeats
Male Ysoki Mercenary Operative 1
CG Small humanoid (ysoki)
Init +4; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5

DEFENSE SP 6 HP 8 RP 4
EAC 14; KAC 15
Fort +0; Ref +5; Will +2

OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee survival knife +3 (1d4 S; analog, operative)
Ranged tactical semi-auto pistol +3 (1d6 P; analog)
Offensive Abilities trick attack +1d4

STATISTICS
Str 10 (+0); Dex 16 (+3); Con 10 (+0); Int 16 (+3); Wis 10 (+0); Cha 14 (+2)
Skills Acrobatics +10 (1 rank), Athletics +6 (1 rank), Bluff (1 rank), Computers +6 (1 rank), Engineering +8 (1 rank), Culture +8 (1 rank), Perception +5 (1 rank), Profession: Mercenary +8 (1 rank), Sense Motive +5 (1 rank), Sleight of Hand +8 (1 rank), Stealth +12 (1 rank); (reduce the DCs of Culture and Profession [mercenary] checks by 5 when recalling knowledge about military procedures and personnel); (ghost specialization: +4 to Stealth checks to make trick attacks)

Feats Fleet, Skill Focus (Acrobatics, Stealth)
Languages Akitonian, Azlanti, Common, Draconic, Triaxian, Vesk, Ysoki
Other Abilities ghost specialization
Combat Gear mk 1 serums of healing (2), medpatch (2), Frag grenade I
Gear second skin, tactical semi-auto pistol with 30 small arm rounds, survival knife, everyday clothing, hygiene kit, personal comm unit, flashlight, fire extinguisher, toolkit (engineering), toolkit (hacking), toolkit (engineering), industrial backpack, credstick (30 credits)

SPECIAL ABILITIES
Cheek Pouches Can keep up to 1 cubic foot of items,
weighing up to 1 bulk, in his cheek pouches. He can transfer
a single item between his hand and a cheek pouch as a
swift action.
Darkvision Can see up to 60 feet in total darkness.
Moxie Can stand from prone as a swift action. When off-kilter, he does not take the normal penalties for that condition and is not flat-footed.
Scrounger Receive a +2 racial bonus to Engineering, Stealth, and Survival checks (already added to skills)
Trick Attack As a full action, can move up to 30 feet and make a single attack with a small arm (or
a melee weapon with the operative special property) as a trick attack. Just before making the attack, the operative attempts a Bluff, Intimidate, or Stealth check (whichever is better for the operative) with a DC equal to 20 + the target’s CR. If the skill check is successful, the attack deals 1d4 additional damage and the target is flat-footed against this attack.
MacShidhe

Night Witches

Postby MacShidhe » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:32 pm

This is a small game that I purchased because I have an interest in the subject matter and not because I ever intended to play. You play a pilot or navigator attached to the 588th Night Bomber Regiment, known by the Germans as the Nachthexen (Night Witches). If you don't know who they are, here's a video and song about them. https://youtu.be/5YPo8zDkvy4

Sergeant Olga Borisova

Nature: Sparrow
Sex: Female
Uniform: Threadbare
Body: Squat
Hands: Expressive
Hometown: Collective Farm #498 (Ukraine)
Who Do You Write to Back Home: Baby Brother

Stats
Skill: +1
Luck: +0
Guts: +0
Medals: +0

Olga loved helping her father repair the farm's tractors. She enjoyed her simple life and dreamed of marrying Gregor Andropov from the house over rise and across the field. Then the nation invaded Poland and Gregor had to leave. A few months later the nation invaded Finland and her father had to leave. Half a year later the Nazis invaded and the rest of the family had to burn the farm and leave. Her mother and by brother followed the factories over the Ural mountains but Olga wanted to help her country more directly so she joined the military. When the recruiters found out she could work with engines, they assigned her to the 588th Night Bomber Regiment as a mechanic. He commander liked her and she got along well with her peers and was offered a more prestigious job and one of the airplane navigators. She accepted without thinking and soon discovered flying is cold , windy, and sometimes wet. She doesn't like it but is afraid of being labeled a coward or worse if she asks to go back to being a mechanic.
MacShidhe

GURPS: Discworld

Postby MacShidhe » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Gilbert Doomaxe

ST 12, DX 12, IQ 10, HT 11

Speed 5.75, Move 5

Advantages: Attractive Appearance, Charisma +1, Heir, High Pain Threshold, Literacy, Status +2, Wealthy

Disadvantages: Bad Temper, Code of Honor (Pirate's), Compulsive Behavior (Barbarian Heroism), Short Attention Span, Stubborness

Quirks: Hero worships Cohen the Barbarian, Doesn't want to give up civilization, Easily smitten

Skills: Boxing-12, Broadsword-12, Carousing-11, Crossbow-12, Detect Lies-12, Heraldry-12, Intimidation-10, Savoir Faire-14, Sex Appeal-11

Languages: Ankhian-10

The only way Gilbert Mouton's tutor could get him to pay attention was to read him stories about Cohen the Barbarian. His father, the Count D'Brebis, insisted that he learned the basics some day he could inherit the the family's title. Gilbert had different ideas. Once he came of age, he took a broadsword that had been hanging on the wall for years and left to take up the life of a barbarian adventurer. He gave himself the name Doomaxe and left most of his clothes behind. The first thing he discovered was that there wasn't much demand for a barbarian adventurer on the Sto Plains and that many place insisted he wear a shirt. He's had to wander further and further away in search for adventure and he hopes to find it soon. Though he hopes it includes fine wine and a soft feather bed.
MacShidhe

Doctor Who Roleplaying Game

Postby MacShidhe » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:46 am

Sergeant William Jones

Awareness 4
Coordination 6
Ingenuity 3
Presence 3
Resolve 4
Strength 4

Traits
Brave
Experienced
Keen Senses
Military Rank (Minor)
Percussive Maintenance
Quick Reflexes
Toughness

Amnesia (Major)
Code of Conduct
Obligation (Torchwood)

Skills
Athletics 3
Convince 1
Fighting 3
Knowledge 1
Marksman 4 (Rifle)
Medicine 1
Subterfuge 1
Survival 1
Technology 2
Transport 2

Personal Goal
He wants to remember who he is.

Personality
In earlier times William might have been a knight, but now he is a simple soldier who is frustrated by his lack of memory.

Background
The first thing William remembers is waking up to a sexy brown haired man arguing with a lighter haired man about what the first man had done. The brown haired man was insisting that they couldn't leave any witnesses and the light haired man was saying that they could use someone who could single handedly fight off a squad of "Potato Men". When William asked them who he was, the brown haired man said that he had used too much of something and the light haired man said we had to keep him. The brown haired man called himself Jack Harkness and the light haired man said he was Albert Evans. It was 1917 and they were outside a hospital near Cardiff. Jack and Albert were part of a secret government group called Torchwood who protected Britain from Aliens and Monsters. William couldn't remember anything about his life. His military record shows he's from Powys and that he had joined the South Wales Borderers in 1910 and been assigned to the 2nd battalion. He had been "Mentioned in Despatches" during the Siege of Tsingtao and at Cape Helles and been awarded the Distinguished Conduct Medal after being wounded in France. He's happy to be in service to his country but he wishes he could remember his life before Torchwood.
MacShidhe

In Nomine

Postby MacShidhe » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:50 am

Wolfgang
Kyriotate Servitor of Destiny

Corporeal Forces 2 Strength 4 Agility 4

Ethereal Forces 3 Intelligence 6 Precision 6

Celestial Forces 4 Will 10 Perception 6

Skills: Detect Lies/3, Dodge/6, Fighting/6

Songs: Shields (Corporeal/3, Ethereal/3, Celestial/3), Tounges (Corporeal/2, Ethereal/2, Celestial/3)

Servant: Class 4 Human/6

Attunements: Kyriotate of Destiny
MacShidhe

Next

Return to Mundane Matters