Everytime I think I'm out, they just suck me back in...

The place for everything else.

Everytime I think I'm out, they just suck me back in...

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Got this email today. I will admit I am intrigued...

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

A New RPG in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra!
Magpie Games has secured a multi-year licensing agreement with ViacomCBS Consumer Products to produce a tabletop roleplaying game set in the world of Nickelodeon’s animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.

This roleplaying game is a unique opportunity for fans of the show to return to a beloved setting—this time as the heroes of the story! Rising to meet their destiny, players will make characters using playbooks—templates that help players build and play compelling protagonists in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra.

Together they might protect local merchants from the Triple Threat Triad in Republic City, travel through a spirit portal to rescue a child taken into the Spirit World, negotiate peace between feuding communities within the Earth Kingdom, or pursue mysteries (and villains) that arise throughout their adventures!

They have a link to learn more if you're interested. You can find out more here https://www.magpiegames.com/2021/02/03/new-rpg-set-in-world-of-avatar-tla-tlok/?mc_cid=1e4ba2c8ae&mc_eid=4dbbb17c70
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Everytime I think I'm out, they just suck me back in...

Postby salamanca » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:16 pm

Cool setting, cool story.

Magpie games...

I am betting they forget mechanics.

Not some...all mechanics.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:09 pm

I thought Powered by the Apocalypse was their schtick. (Not really a huge fan of it, but I am interested to see what they do with it).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:51 am

That is pretty much mechanics free.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby MacShidhe » Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:03 am

They're also producing a Dragon Prince RPG

https://www.talesofxadia.com/
MacShidhe

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:20 am

When you said Dragon Prince I wondered if it was that faux-anime that's on netflix, and yup it sure is. I thought it had lots of potential, but after an episode or two I just kind of forgot about it. May have to try to revisit.

I couldn't figure out why/how I'd gotten on Magpie's radar, but when I went to the link Sam provided, I remembered. They do the new Cortex game too (or at least they're the distributors, I backed the kickstarter).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby MacShidhe » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:35 pm

I just got an email about the Avatar RPG Quickstart rules...it's 55 pages :o
MacShidhe

Postby MacShidhe » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:28 pm

I just backed the Kickstarter. It's at $7.7 million with 3 days left. Even if we already got all the mechanics with the 55 page quickstart book, it will still be nice for background research.
MacShidhe

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:07 am

The Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG has gotten enough backing that they're having some...issues.
"In short, this campaign has now grown to a size that we are encountering limits on the global paper supply available for printing this many books—our printer is telling us that there may not be enough cardboard in the United States to print these books on our original schedule.
We’re ahead of this issue—and every other global supply/shipping issue—because we’ve been working since 2020 to make sure we had everything lined up to send everything to you all on time."
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:03 pm

Different game, but totally 7th Sea adjacent, The Dee Sanction. The quickest pitch I can make for it. Queen Elizabeth Tudor is beset by enemies. Enemies who would do anything to bring her low. So, with few allies she turns to those who've been convicted of various unsavory crimes, dealing with the devil, sorcery, murder, and the like. In exchange for their lives, they must help her deal with these enemies...

Yup, it's Queen Elizabeth's Suicide Squad.

There's a kickstarter going to make a physical copy of their adventures (and you can buy the rest of the books there too).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/allrolledup/the-dee-sanction-adventures/description

And you can get everything on PDF right now through Drive Thru

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?keywords=the+dee+sanction&manufacturers_id=10007&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Mundane Matters