Another Bad Storm

The place for everything else.

Another Bad Storm

Postby Klcp » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:30 pm

So, did anyone else encounter a really, really, really bad storm on Monday? We JUST got our power back after not having it for two and a half days...I never realized quite how dark it is at night.....especially when you're getting home after midnight and have to somehow find your bedroom...
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Re: Another Bad Storm

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:33 pm

You've obviously never been woken up at 3am for a baby feeding after it already woke you up just 1.5 hours earlier and you are so exhausted you're picturing tossing the little monster out the window so you can go back to sleep.

After you have, trust me you can find your way throughout your house while still asleep...

Markalicious
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:36 pm

No, no, no, I wasn't asleep. In fact, I stayed up until about three after I found some candles. I was just pointin out how DARK it was.
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:37 pm

It's also dark when your eyes are closed and you're asleep...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:47 pm

...so open them...
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:51 pm

What and follow through with the original plan of tossing the baby out the window? How cruel are you! Better to pretend you're still asleep and this is all some horrible dream.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:15 pm

Living 4 miles north of the middle of nowhere, I am used to it being very dark. It's rare I turn on a light unless I need to use it long term. I am glad life is back to normal for you. Mark, however, is getting that crazy look. Tell the boy he is now 10 and needs to eat at regular times.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:15 pm

It didn't hit us as bad up here in Arlington Heights - our power was only out for about 12 hours. ComEd did indicate that over 600,000 customers were affected, and there are some people still without power (last I heard, a small number may not get power back till Saturday night).
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:25 pm

salamanca wrote:Tell the boy he is now 10 and needs to eat at regular times.

Resist. Urge. To. Make. Breastfeeding. Joke...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Living in the boondosck's of New Hampshire, we built the house with a switch that turns the Electric Company off and our generator on. With the ice storms we have had, and the loss of power for days, it's nice to fire up the old generator and turn the lights back on...
cpugs

Postby Klcp » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:35 pm

You're lucky, Charlie. That WOULD be nice.
Klcp

Postby Klcp » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:46 am

So it's raining crazy hard out right now and the thunder and lightning (although beautiful to me) are scaring my dog. She never comes up onto my bed. I don't know why, she just prefers the floor and I can tell that she is uncomfortable up here for some reason. Except for right now. She's THAT afraid of the storm. It's cute how she's all panting and shaking and...keeping me up. :|
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:04 am

Yeah, blind panic and fear in pets is sooooo endearing. I got a little edge of that storm yesterday but it was over fast.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:24 am

Klcp wrote:So it's raining crazy hard out right now and the thunder and lightning (although beautiful to me) are scaring my dog. She never comes up onto my bed. I don't know why, she just prefers the floor and I can tell that she is uncomfortable up here for some reason. Except for right now. She's THAT afraid of the storm. It's cute how she's all panting and shaking and...keeping me up. :|

It's hitting us right now (that or some completely different storm) and my smallest pet came and sat on my lap too :D.

Markalicious

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Mundane Matters