Slightly intopic Offtopic

The place for everything else.

Slightly intopic Offtopic

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:24 am

Well, since I haven't had time to do a practice run, on Marks game, and not even sure if I'm running 1 or 2, and my darn computer died, so the only way I have to get the info I need before the game is sneeking on the web in my work office (copaired to on the public work computer, that is not attached to a printer so I can print things up), I figured out a "somewhat" solution to my delema.

Since I have Friday off, and had planned to go computer shopping then, I have a couple of people from work who just happen to have Friday off too, and I talked them into playing the game. It would be better if I had a couple of more people, but for "newbies" playing the game, it's probably better that I only have 2 so it will be easier to show them the ropes of how to play.

Should be pretty interesting. Considering the copy I have of HOA 1 is probably not an update, I figure I've played it enought time to wing it the best I can.

I'll let you know how it went, later.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Re: Slightly intopic Offtopic

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:48 am

I am SOO proud of you Laura. Hope it goes well (and maybe even garners us a few new players :D)
Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:41 pm

If you have a printed copy, you have everything you need. Now remember to use this to create a cheat sheet of stuff you need to remember for your main game. And also have an alternative to the syrneth thing (at the con, borrow mark's).
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Well, we played some of it, but not much of it, as I had to stop a lot and fill them in about the world to get them the feel of the game. But they said they liked what they played, which was mostly the fight with the bandits. It went kinda slow as they had never played "role playing games", they are more on line World of Warcraft" type of players.
So I don't know how things will go tomorrow, as I really didn't do too much today.

Meanwhile, I have my new laptop computer, and trying to get used of the keyboard is sooo frustrating. Taking me forever to type this message.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:16 pm

How far you got is a concern but not a major one at this point. I can prompt you if need be. Right now you're just getting used to standing up front. The rest we'll work on as we go.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Mundane Matters