A "First Ever" for Me!

The place for everything else.

A "First Ever" for Me!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:16 pm

This past Sunday (during my usual weekly game time), we were playing my Courtly Intrigue Campaign for 7th Sea (called L'Chateau du Cheverny). We began this almost 4 years ago as my attempt to do an intrigue campaign rather than my usual "swordfight a week" pirate type thing. The heroes came to the Chateau to witness the marriage of the current lord (and cousin of the Bisset du Verre family).

While the campaign has far to go (many many years in my mind) we've been working steadily toward the actual marriage. Along the way we've met many who wanted to stop the wedding, more who wanted it to go on but with themselves in powerful positions during the nuptuals and even more who couldn't care less save for how the outcome would affect their bottom line.

For almost 4 years, the heroes have been working steadily, going out to get the bride, making plans, ordering flowers, placating the more powerful nobles, etc. And then, just like that, this sunday, the wedding went off. I won't say without a hitch as there were quite a few problems. But I will say that the two lovebirds did go off into the sunset with one another.

And that brings me to my "First Ever." There is a second storyarc to this, but it's really more like, the heroes have finished the first book, and have to decide if they will pick up the second. And the truth is, at this point, they want to read something else. SO, this is the first time writing ongoing campaigns that the players and I agreed on a good stopping point, and then stopped when we got there.

There was some humming and hawing over the ending (while it was a happy ending for some, it was bittersweet for others), I think, in the end, the players realized this was the setup for an entirely new storyline.

It was a total blast.

Markalicious
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Mundane Matters