Don't play Domino's with water buckets

The place for everything else.

Don't play Domino's with water buckets

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:35 pm

So here I was having a pretty good day at work. We were fairly busy throughout the day, but as it neared 8pm, and time for me to leave, I decided that I needed one more bucket of flowers up to fill in the display, so went down to our walk-in to get it.

As I walked into the walk-in, my hip just happened to hit a bunch of roses sticking out of a bucket, that was top heavy and it started to tip, so I quickly grabbed it, and kept it from spilling, only to have it hit another bucket behind it, also top heavy, and it spilt all over the floor. I went and grabbed the flowers and the bucket, but it slipped out of my hand and hit the original bucket, causing it to tip over. I then took that bucket and put it on my cart, putting the roses back into it without the water, so I could get the original bucket of flowers I had wanted to take up to the display. Well, the rose bucket took up too much of the room on the cart, and not having water in it, tried to tip again, when I tried to put the other bucket of flowers on it, so, I had to let go of it on the cart, to grab at the roses again. I got the roses, only to have the flower bucket I let go of, tip and spill into the cart. So, five minutes before I had to leave work, I had two major water bucket spills on the floor in my walk-in and another spill inside my cart (which thankfully has edges, or that water would have been on the floor too.

Moral of the story, water buckets are not ment to be used like domino blocks, and I need to teach my boss that she needs to use the square bottomed buckets, not the flared round buckets to put the long stem roses in, when re-hydrating them, so that I don't put on my own one man Laurel and Hardy show, just to bring up a bucket of flowers to put on the display.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Re: Don't play Domino's with water buckets

Postby salamanca » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:48 pm

I wouldn't even know where to look for a set of double twelve buckets. At least it was water, last week mine were filled with old motor oil.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Re: Don't play Domino's with water buckets

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:26 pm

Cue Yakety Sax ...

Markalicious
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Mundane Matters