So, the new 52

The place for everything else.

So, the new 52

Postby salamanca » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:31 pm

I know half of you are comics geeks. I know a couple of you saw the ads and articles about the DC comics total relaunch (not a reboot, they swear) of their entire line. So which ones did you try?. For me, I stuck with the Green Lantern books. Gl and Corps pretty much just kept going as is. Just read new Guardians and it is really a fun read (favorite so far). JUSTICE league Dark is intriguing but only if you loved the early Vertigo comics. BLUE beetle was fine but a total copy of the book they cancelled a couple years back (exact same plot). Same is true of Ressurection Man and Justice League International. Mister Terrific was not. They should have titled it Mister Really-bad-dialogue. Heard good about Deathstroke and Red Hood but have not read them.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Re: So, the new 52

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:50 pm

I do occasionally read the mainstream superhero stuff (though I'm usually more a Marvel guy than a DC guy) but my true love is Vertigo and some of the indy/small press stuff. I read Scalped and Northlanders* without fail, and Chew, The Gimp, Exterminators (when it bothers to come out) and Fables with some regularity.

The reboo--er--reLAUNCH yea that's it, mostly went by unnoticed. I did hear some misogynistic stuff about Catwoman and Red Hood and the Outsiders (you can read it here http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/09/22/starfire-catwoman-sex-superheroine/) that was pretty much enough for me to say, "no thanks" to those titles.

*Which btw since we're all 7th Sea fans here, I have to ask, "Why aren't ALL OF YOU reading this awesome book?"
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:18 am

Ok, I'm a bit lost. I've read, and re-read both of your post, which you have mentioned quite a few "books", so, which exact book are you refering too, Mark, when you posted your last sentence?

I figure that yes, they are comic books, which I haven't read any in quite a bit, the last being the 7th Sea series, short as it was. For Marvel Comics, I was a Spidey Fan most of my youth til they screwed it up saying Peter Parker had never been Spider Man, so dumped it, and for DC Comics I was a Kamandi fan, til they ended it. I have all but 1 of them, and someday I'll take them down from the closet I've put them in, and figure out which one it is I need and get it.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:23 am

Dan DiDio and his yesmen need to be nutpunched severely for the damn misogyny and character assassination. :evil:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:43 am

Rebecca Iavelli wrote: which exact book are you refering too, Mark, when you posted your last sentence?

Northlanders. It's an awesome comic book that comes in short story format (so they tell the story they'd planned on telling, then switch characters (and times) to tell the next story). Its all about (surprise, surprise) Vikings
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:10 pm

Laura, Kamandi is now available in a Trade format titled Kamandi Showcase. it reprints the entire run in black and white in one big book for around 20 bucks.

I don't read Northlanders because it's not as cool as my 7th sea games.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:32 pm

salamanca wrote:I don't read Northlanders because it's not as cool as my 7th sea games.

I do have a series of "All-Vestenmannjavnjar" adventures that I've run on and off at cons...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:53 pm

We know, it's called "Heroes of Altamira".
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:56 pm

Touché

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Mundane Matters