Sophia's Daughters Re-write

The place for everything else.

Sophia's Daughters Re-write

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:00 pm

For years now I’ve been complaining about how we got the old ‘bait-n-switch’ as far as Sophia’s Daughters is concerned. They implied it was going to be Swashbuckling Feminism and it ended up being Sidhe Lapdogs. It wasn’t just a letdown for me, it actually made me mad. So mad in fact that I have never allowed SD in any of my games. But that’s not even the worst part of it. In addition to exchanging “subservience to men” for “subservience to the Sidhe” it’s also got hideously game-breaking mechanics.

Well the time for bitching from the dark corners of the Internet are over. I have begun work on a re-write. Which brings me to my reason for writing today. I would love to get some more feedback about where this is going. I’ve been doing most of this through Revenant’s 7th Sea Forum. So if you are interested in helping out, respond here or drop on by over at Revs.

Who knows, when it's all over, I may just rescind my SD ban... ;)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Sophia's Daughters Re-write

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:31 pm

So Mike's been back in-country for a couple of days now and I haven't received even one email full of ideas for SD? I think I'm insulted ;)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:42 pm

It's a long story, but I have arthritis issues again.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Ah understood. We had a friend with rheumatoid arthritis and I never understood how serious it could be until we watched her suffer. Hope things work out.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:14 pm

My mother had rheumatoid arthritis My pain is nothing to her pain.
Sister Sonya

Return to Mundane Matters