Theus help me...

The place for everything else.

Theus help me...

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:34 pm

...but I just created a 7th Sea character to be used as an e-wrestler in a CHIKARAesque fed.

And the kicker?

The last name is Villanova. :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Re: Theus help me...

Postby salamanca » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:04 pm

And why would a character like that ever need help?
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:27 pm

I understood 7th Sea and Villanova, but the rest? Not a clue
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:37 pm

E-Wrestling=Basically, it's a PBEM involving wrestling feuds instead of dungeon crawls. I write up promos and strats for matches. Sometimes I work with other handlers throughout the entire angle so I know how the feud will end, other times it's a total surprise.

CHIKARA=A VERY surreal comic-book-esque wrestling fed. Very over the top and fourth wall breaking at times. Heavy lucha influence. And it's PG, so the kids can enjoy it.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Hey, I decided to create a character in a freeform PbP game that had a secondary profession as a WWE Diva. So, naturally, I had to begin recording RAW and SMACKDOWN on my DVR so that I could watch the shows for inspitation and ideas!
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:31 am

Ok I read the Wikipedia entry and I'm still not sure what's going on, but I re-read your initial description, and it's just a pbem that has to do with "wrasslin" right? Ok that I get but what's a 'fed'?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:33 am

"Fed" is just short for "federation". 8-)

Lady Grace

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:42 am

Never was big on WWF. Had some neighbors when I lived in Kentucky, that were big big fans of it. Imagine the traditional broken down hillbilly house, with all the junk around the yard, and at lest 12 kids, all crammed into a 2 bedroom house. Half of the time, half of them slept out on the poarch. Yeah, I don't do WWF, too many bad growing up memories (shudder!!!).
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Sister Sonya » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:49 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Ok I read the Wikipedia entry and I'm still not sure what's going on, but I re-read your initial description, and it's just a pbem that has to do with "wrasslin" right?

The wrasslin is scripted and choreographed, not a match or contest.
Sister Sonya

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:34 am

Yeah, it's like ballet, only with piledrivers instead of pirouettes. And both had films directed by Darren Arnofsky just showing how winged mouse[MEEP] their backstage politics are!

Unlike the WWE, I find CHIKARA to be a lot more fun these days. And I don't feel unsafe attending a CHIKARA event like I would with the WWE or TNA (there's a LOT of hostile misogyny in those environment. CHIKARA does a fine job in policing the PG code in both their talent AND their audiences).

As for wrestling as PBEM, like I said, in some feuds, I know what the end outcome will be (ie who wins the final match). Others, I have no knowledge of what the booking will be. Either way, I try to work with my fellow handlers and fedheads so that we're all happy with how our characters come across regardless of how the angle plays out. Key word being "try" as every once in a while you'll find a handler who refuses to put anyone over -- or even acknowledge anyone else's existence. Fortunately, they don't last too long, but there's always that problem.

Lady Grace

Return to Mundane Matters