Bummed

The place for everything else.

Bummed

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Laura emailed our regular group earlier today because a few inches of snow might fall somewhere in New England. So she's gonna cancel our 7th Sea game :( And here I thought she was a hard-core gamer...

Mark

(insert the "I haz a sad" meme here)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Bummed

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:37 pm

We are having a winter storm warning til 8am Sunday Morning, Mark. They are having high wind warnings and possible downed trees and wires. We are supposed to have 8 to 12 inches of snow. Yes, I am overcauious. I would rather cancel and stay alive, then slam into a downed tree, or have a tree fall on my car, and with my luck that would happen. Remember, I had a tree drop in my back yard already this last month.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:51 am

That's all?. We don't even start a plow until it hits a foot. I say game on, if it gets bad, stay put and game all night.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:32 am

"STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — An unseasonably early snowstorm that blanketed parts of states from Maryland to Maine, knocking out power to millions and snarling air and highway travel, was forecast to slowly move north out of New England and officials warned it could be days before many see electricity restored.

The heavy, wet October snow, falling atop leaf-laden trees and driven by frigid, gusting winds, brought down branches and power lines and put the Northeast on notice that winter is around the corner. More than 2.3 million customers from Maryland to New England lost power due to the storm by early Sunday.

Governors declared states of emergency in New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and parts of New York, and at least three deaths were blamed on the weather, including an 84-year-old Pennsylvania man killed when a tree fell on his home while he was napping in his recliner..."

:mrgreen: Hey Laura! Looks like you were right!

But, wait! If it happened to this man at his home, it could have happened to you at yours. Maybe it would have been safer to be on the road...
Sister Sonya

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:50 am

Well, safe and sound at home, if a bit chilly. Didn't get as much as I thought, because it changed back to rain for a bit, so its an icy mess out there. Game is still off though, Mark, as I still have to get out there to clean out my driveway at some point today, and break my car out of the ice blanket it got last night. Not my favorite thing in the world to do. :(
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:42 pm

Safety first, Laura. Even living now in Cleveland, i don't miss New England winters at all. :(
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:29 am

Well, this' is what I get for complaining. Power's up here at the Edwards' household but no phone, cable, or Internet until tues. bah!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:44 am

Careful what you wish for...

Laura, did you lose power, phone, etc.?
Sister Sonya

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:03 pm

Nope, didn't loose a thing, stayed safe and warm.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:39 pm

Markalicious? (Mark-alicious) Did you anger a Fate Witch and she cursed you?
Sister Sonya

Postby cpugs » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Lt's see, we got a foot of snow ouut of that storm, snapped several new trees in two, lost power for 54 hours (however, we have a generator so the house was warm and the kids could eat and watch movies), and the kids were out of school until Wednesday. Oh, I forgot, Halloween was cancelled until this Saturday due to downed power lines and no power. And it isn't even winter yet. Oh Joy!!!!
cpugs

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:26 am

Ah, well! I should have kept my mouth shut.

I tried to return five bools to the library this evening and check out two more that I reserved on-line along with a DVD. Got there and the whole building was dark, the fire department was there, and the power had been off for several hours. "Try tomorrow, phone first".
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:30 pm

Ok FINALLY everything is back up. I don't really know why I'm complaining after all, it only took OVER A WEEK to perform a fix that took less than 15 minutes from the time they drove up till the time they drove off. Really why should I complaing that VERIZON customer service sucks... :roll:

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:02 am

Well, your issue only took 15 minutes. But the 5000 people that had called in ahead of you also took 15 minutes each to fix their problems. If your last names started with the letter "A", you would have had everything back by tuesday night.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:32 am

Now see if that's all it had been (I got the first available slot), you'd have heard no complaints from me. No, what happened is I was given a slot and told that someone would be coming on Fri*. I sat around the house waiting for this mystery person until 5pm when I called to ask when I might expect this person. I was told they must have 'forgotten' to put the ticket in. I responded quite calmly, "not my problem, so what time today should I expect someone?" They told me there wouldn't be anyone until Tuesday and that's when I blew a gasket...

*EDIT: I should have also mentioned that by Friday I had already phoned them 10 times to find out why each of their previous promises that my phone would be up in ..."Just a few hours." "No later than tonight." "Early tomorrow at the latest." "Within a day or two." etc., had all miraculously not come true.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:01 pm

And here we come round to Laura's 7th Sea game I've been waiting months to get back to and what's it doing outside? Yup, snow. It's supposed to be 40 degrees out tomorrow so I'm HOPING Laura will risk it, but I don't have my hopes up...

I'm never gonna get to play Loyosha again am I...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:49 pm

B U M M E D !

But wait! I see the 3 of staves inverted. The streets will be plowed and the salt will melt the ice.
Sister Sonya

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:21 pm

Well, I drove home in the crap, and then had to shovel out the driveway. Car fishtailed quite a bit, especially through Needham, where I believe that they don't know how to use a darn snow plow, because the roads were great in Newtonville, then I get into Needham and it was horrible.

But don't worry Mark, if the roads are decent, I'll be there tomorrow, just got to remember where we left off, its been so long. :roll:
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:12 am

Bright and sunny this morning, currently 21 degrees with a very low chance of precipitation. Could it be? Dare I dream we'll be playing today?!?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:58 pm

I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME! I GOT TO GAME!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:18 pm

And I got you to blush. :lol:
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:51 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote: I GOT TO GAME!

Did you get to game?
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:07 am

Sister Sonya wrote:
Black Jack Rackham wrote: I GOT TO GAME!

Did you get to game?

Ahem.. yea a little bit.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Parcheesi or Monopoly? :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Lady Grace wrote:Parcheesi or Monopoly? :twisted:

Well Laura thinks my roleplaying is quiet cheesy...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Next

Return to Mundane Matters