Smell of the day

The place for everything else.

Smell of the day

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:22 pm

Well, earlier this week, I complained about the eucalyptis that I had all over my hands from making bqts.
Euc smells nice but in small batches, it can get way overpowering it large doses. So today, we get a shipment of Rosemary Cones. These are Rosemary plants, that have been cut down to a conish shape to imatitate a mini Christmas tree, which allows the oils inside to be released. They pack them 8 in a box, and I think we got 12 boxes of them. Rosemary is also something that can smell nice in small batches, but once it's oil is all over you, that's all you can smell, and it can get really powerful.
Once again, I guess I am lucky that its something that most people do like the smell of it.

I think the next smell of the day is either going to be pine, when we get more mini Chrismas trees in, or maybe Cinnamon, with the cinnamon oil soaked pine cones (ment to be put in your fireplace to make your fire smell nice).
Ah well, tis the season.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Re: Smell of the day

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:09 am

Laura is gonna be my house's new air freshener. I'll simply call her work the night before she comes over and ask them to get a big order of whatever nice smelling stuff I'd like the house to smell like.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:18 pm

LOL Mark, with the stuff I have to work with at work these days, I probably could be. It gets very very cloying with all the smells that are fighting each other right now. Rosemary, Cinnamon, Pine, Lily. Yep, a new smell a day.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:02 am

I work outside a candle store... They burn 4 different scents at a time. I can handle one overwhelming option at a time, 2 can be fine if they compliment one another. But they never compliment when there are 4. You should add more garlic to your lunch, then it wouldn't matter what smell was in the store, you would still be happy it was there. Nobody likes to smell of garlic.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:25 am

Hey now, garlic is awesome! :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Lady Grace wrote:Hey now, garlic is awesome! :twisted:

I agree!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Mundane Matters