Hello

The place for everything else.

Hello

Postby torchdragon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Hey guys. I'm coming over here from links on the official AEG forums. I was happy to find that there's some people out there still interested in 7th Sea and even happier to see that you're at least in my quadrant of the country.

If you don't mind so much, I figure I'll hang around and get my fix for chumming about 7S. I've run a couple of games but ran afoul of several mechanical issues that I never was able to work around with my play group. I recently was reinvigorated into the swashbuckling-ness due to a combination of attempting to design a new system to fit the swash, Brandon Sanderson's Alloy of Law and its soon to be released RPG system, and the general siren's call that occasionally grabs me.

I'll have to see what my schedule looks like to see if I can get to any Cons in 2012 as my vacation plans already fairly bloated as is. Alternative to that, has anyone been running games via internet ala Skype/Google Hangouts?
torchdragon

Re: Hello

Postby salamanca » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:08 pm

Welcome aboard. Good to meet you. Feel free to stick around as long as you like. As for running things online, I generally shun the cyberworlds so i'm the wrong guy to ask.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Welcome indeed. And Sal's words are right on target. Stay and ask as many questions as you'd like.

As for the online/Skype venues, Myself, Sal and Rebecca are the three GMs thus far, and none of us is big on the whole "roleplaying online." But if you find yourself sucked into the campaign and want to volunteer, I'm certain none of us would turn your down.

The only problem I can see with it is the adventure release schedule. We are currently holding at 2.5 new adventures per year (the .5 being a 2 hr adventure as part of the Personal Agendas event). So the most we could offer would be an episode every 6 months or so.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Welcome Torchdragon,

Hope you find things that will interest you and hang around for a while. This forum is still kinda young, but we are hoping it will build up in the next couple of years.

Where are you from, that we are near your quardrant? We (Blackjack and I) also occationally run 7th Sea in our home games. (Its on a rotating schedual with other games we play). Are you in Massachusetts?
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby torchdragon » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:42 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I'm in the greater Philadelphia area currently. We've got an option or two for gaming conventions but not much beyond that. I haven't done much investigation into how supported tabletop RPGs are at either of the events I know about. I can look into it if you're interested in attending an event a little closer than Origins or GenCon.

I haven't done an online tabletop RPG at this point so I was looking to see if anyone else had any experiences.

I've been up to Feeding Hills for a couple of L5R CCG tournaments and have recently been up to PAX East. If you guys can run an event at PAX East, I'll definitely be there for 2012.

I'm going to start another thread for organizations sake with some direct 7th Sea questions.
torchdragon

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:00 am

torchdragon wrote:I haven't done an online tabletop RPG at this point so I was looking to see if anyone else had any experiences.

If you are referring to Skype, or something like it, there are games out there. However, I no longer have the URL/access to the site for the one I was aware of.

If you are referring to PbP games, there are a number of sites- for better or worse. I've been in one 7th Sea game for almost 3 1/2 years on Myth Weavers. RolePlay onLine is better, in my opinion; there are about eight 7th Sea games going on, at present, but half are pretty much closed to outsiders.
Sister Sonya

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:09 pm

Yeah, my online experience for those sites either has the game die far too quick, the GM railroads &/or the GM allows the Sues and Stus to run rampant. :evil:

*weeps for that one rare GM who had a wonderful game going but real life health troubles had her go MIA*
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:20 pm

I have a friend (one of my home group regulars) who goes to PAX East. I mentioned that you go and would love to see one of our games there. He told me that, beyond big groups like WoTC running their own games, he didn’t believe small timers like me could run games at PAX East. Does this sound right to you?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby torchdragon » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:36 pm

They have lots of tables and lots of chairs in lots of big spaces. :-)

I don't know that they have a "small timers event listing" like Origins but I can't see any reason why you couldn't get together and play a game of 7th Sea there.

Their one area of the hall was completely covered with people just playing any board game they felt like, not just ones being demoed or sold by vendors. If any of you guys are planning on being there, even if its not an HoA event, I will have a character ready and dice in my hand.

I'm getting ready to leave work at the moment but when I get home I can certainly pick at their site to see if they have anything.
torchdragon

Postby torchdragon » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:44 pm

Looks like their scheduling stuff is for panels and tournaments and other "big vendors" so I don't think there'll be any kind of per game sign up type thing.

If you're interested in PAX East, reserve tickets now because they've sold out the past 2 years they've run it and I don't expect this year to be any different.

Possibly could put out an "advert" in the forums to see if there's anyone interested?
torchdragon

Return to Mundane Matters