Cudos (sort of)

The place for everything else.

Cudos (sort of)

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Add this to the "how disappointing" files. Origins award nominies came out today (or well I should say, I discovered they were out today) and surprise of surpises one that I wrote in (Runner's Toolkit for Shadowrun) is in the running for best game accessory. This is, of course, the supplement I've been complaining about not being credited for since the darn thing came out as a PDF. So long and the short, I got nominated, and nobody but me (and those of you reading this) knows it.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Cudos (sort of)

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:08 am

Congrats! (Sort of).

What a bummer. Don't they leave the writters names on them? Did they say who nominated it, or was it just a pull it out of the hat type of credit? Just curious.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Well, it could be worse. They could have edited you out of it then submitted the material you wrote anyhow.

Wait, that would require you having done the work for AEG.

The important thing is that you know.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:29 am

So update on this. It turns out that Runner's Toolkit won the Origins Award for best Gaming Supplement, which, I guess, means I can now add "The Origins Award Winning" to the beginning of "Author Mark Edwards"

And with the addition of those words (and 50 cents) I can now make a phone call (assuming I can actually find a public phone).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Congrats
spizio

Postby smafdi » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:58 am

Wait, public phones are 50c now! Crap I'm totally out of the loop.

Congrats Mark!
smafdi

Return to Mundane Matters