Gaming and More Gaming!

The place for everything else.

Re: Gaming and More Gaming!

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:58 am

May finally have a lead on a tabletop game. Granted, it's 3.5 D&D, but the husband is encouraged at least.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Play doppelgangers with the class from the adventurers handbook (i think that was the one) that lets you mimic a different class every day. Or gnomes since they got dumped in 4th ed.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Just in case any of my players check here before they check their email. I'm cancelling boardgames this week because Kelly's Birthday party is scheduled right in the middle of our game time. See you all next week for Deadlands.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:46 pm

you know, if you cancel the party, she stays the same age and it gives you an extra year before she starts driving.
salamanca

Postby spizio » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:08 pm

I'm willing to bet gamers like cake and ice cream
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 05, 2013 8:48 am

Two cancellations but we still have three players for Deadlands. Gonna have to go decide what adventure we're gonna start. Something awful I presume ;)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed May 08, 2013 5:44 pm

Next up, 7th Sea!!! Woo Hoo! Loyosha is chomping at the bit to get to the bottom (literally) of this new, weird syrneth artifact.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed May 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Don't touch it!. It's pure evil.
salamanca

Postby spizio » Wed May 08, 2013 10:47 pm

But the big red button is so friendly and reassuring. You know you want to press it. You need to press it.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Actually its big enough to climb inside of and walk for days down inside of. (which reminds me, I've noticed Laura has a tendency to build edifice-sized syrneth artifacts for us to deal with...interesting)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 12, 2013 10:17 am

Totally forgot this till just this moment, but I wanted to remind our regular players that Laura will be late today (by about an hour) because of Mother's Day (and she'll be cranky so we should expect at TPK)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun May 12, 2013 12:21 pm

LAURA IS CRANKY, TIRED AND FORGOT HER STUFF AT HOME, so will be a bit later than she expected because she has to stop at home to get her stuff.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 19, 2013 8:37 am

Despite Laura's crankyness, we had a very good session last week.

This week, it's Golden-Age Champions. This one ought to be lots of fun :twisted: (For me at least...)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 21, 2013 11:45 am

Didn't get to Champions (since we had several missing) but instead decided to playtest Ep 8 - Acts of Desperation. Fun playtest, and best of all, it looks like not much needs to be fixed before it's ready to go.

Next up, this weekend it's Boardgames!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu May 30, 2013 4:05 pm

This week its my double-up week with Modern Era Champions on Saturday then Deadlands on Sunday (if we don't have enough players again, which we might not, I'll connive those who did show into helping me make characters for my Call of Cthulhu and Dread games at GenCon).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:19 pm

I have this worried/sinking feeling about this week's gaming (which is 7th Sea by the way). That tropical storm thingie is supposed to be over us on Sunday carrying with it at least 7 drops of rain AND winds of up to (and no, I'm not making this incredible number up) 40 mph. YES 4-0! That's fast enough to get a speeding ticket on most back roads around New England (though it would be safe if it stuck to most thoroughfares)!

Because of this potentially catastrophic (and life ending) storm, I am worried that some of my regular group will be concerned about making the trip here. Now I'm not mentioning any names but should this person that I'm thinking of not make it, well lets just say its highly doubtful this week's session will occur since THIS PERSON is responsible for running the game...

Not that I'm mentioning any names or anything. :roll:

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:28 pm

Mark, unless that storm is bringing snow with it, which I very much doubt, or a tsunami of water, I will be there, as long as a tree doesn't fall on my car on the way to your house.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:48 pm

I sum up session for Loyosha...

you wander around island, stuff chases you. Eric finds clues to big mysterious mystery and stuff chases you. Locals help you then chase you. rocks fall (and chase you) boat appears in distance but does not come closer.

small boy taunts you from up in tree where you cannot reach.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:59 pm

AH, Man! Dave! You gave away the plot! Now what am I going to do?!
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:09 pm

chase them, then let them find the clues... just switch the order up. That's what Mark and I do when we write new HOA stuff. It's all just the same adventure in a different order (don't tell anybody)

Mind you it's a realllllllly long adventure that nobody ever gets through in a single session which is why it seems different.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:13 pm

Ok, gotcha! Change the plot, then change it back, then change it again, then forget what you planned and change it yet again. ;)
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:12 am

Rebecca Iavelli wrote:Ok, gotcha! Change the plot, then change it back, then change it again, then forget what you planned and change it yet again. ;)

Come on Laura, be a little original. I've used this plot dozens of times!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:34 am

Darn, and I thought the forgetting part was more original. How about "steals from Mark's ideas", has him play his own games though he doesn't know it. :P
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:48 am

IT'S THE MARIE CELESTE!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Let him wake up inside a building with no doors or windows.
salamanca

PreviousNext

Return to Mundane Matters