Gaming and More Gaming!

The place for everything else.

Re: Gaming and More Gaming!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:36 am

This week, no rp-ing as it's our monthy boardgame day tomorrow. And on this occasion, I happened to be looking through my wall of games and noticed two games I'd purchased but have never played, so this week I'm going to try and convince my group to either do Miskatonic School for Girls (though it's a 2-4 player game) or 7 Wonders (which will, stunningly, accomodate 7).

Looking forward to it :D
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:45 pm

Mark you have played 7 Wonders.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:34 pm

I meant they were still wrapped up, I haven't played this particular 7 Wonders.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:22 am

Back into the rpg schedule with Deadlands this week. The players just finished fighting some evil dinosaurs and are now on their way elsewhere (so time for a whole new adventure).

And I've been reading RPG books again so I've been thinking about campaigns in the following games:

D&D (probably 2nd Ed.) the classic Waterdeep campaign we always wanted but never really played. Lots of dungeon crawls, and all the good classic adventures (I'd just be using the published mods like I'm doing in Deadlands).

Brave New World I like the idea of low powered supers, and I love the setting but I gotta say, this one's really moved to the back burner since I've been running both a Golden-Age Supers (here at home) and a Modern-Age Supers (once a month at my FLGS) using Champions. It'll happen, but probably not for a while.

Brass & Steel I initially wanted to do a steampunk game using Victoriana but it got conflated in my mind with Steampunk Shadowrun. So to separate them I decided to go with a more hardcore steampunk world (plus I like this system). I have a really cool idea for this and I think the players will love it.

Witch Hunter My latest great love. Same time period as 7th Sea (and much of the same conflicts) but in a much darker world (essentially the same idea as All for One: Regime Diabolique but with a much better background setting). Been reading this like a madman and have some thoughts but nothing earth-shattering, yet.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Loyosha returns this week! And he is hoping the smart men finally make some progress so he can finally find the bad guy in order to defeat him/her/it in single combat ;) (though he wouldn't be averse to playing with the dogs some more).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:57 pm

No gaming this week :( Loyosha was sad, but given the GMs reasoning (to give her some time to make the adventures better) Loyosha is willing to wait... But not too long GM or Loyosha will go out and find his own adventure!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:32 pm

No other GM will have Loyosha. As a side note: why are we not all using "Fiasco" from Bully Pulpit games as a backup plan for when sessions are cancelled but we still want to play?. If you are not familiar, wheaton covers it on Tabletop. And once you have seen the episode, you can run it with just a "playset" and some players (and dice). If you are totally not familiar, it is a game that sits on the crossroads of roleplay, improv, and choose your own adventure books with a quick stop at an 80's chart system.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 pm

salamanca wrote: As a side note: why are we not all using "Fiasco" from Bully Pulpit games as a backup plan for when sessions are cancelled but we still want to play?

Picked it up just the other day, been trying to decide whether to use it or Dread for our Halloween game. I have evil ideas for both.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:13 am

Looks like the game (Deadlands) won't go off this week. One player's oldest is going into the military on Monday and wants to spend time with him. A second, who gets a ride from the previous player, will also not be making it. Laura said her ankle is hurting and bowed out. That leaves Eric, His Wife, Me, and one other...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Laura should sit out instead of bowing. It will probably be safer. :lol:
spizio

Postby Sister Sonya » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:44 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote: That leaves Eric, His Wife, Me, and one other...

Three is an acceptable number of players for a game, whereas two is not.
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:52 am

And after I wrote that, Eric's Wife dropped out too. So the three of us played Miskatonic School for Girls. Fun little game.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:30 pm

Just so long as you and Eric did not dress the part.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:41 pm

spizio wrote:Just so long as you and Eric did not dress the part.

And what if we did?!? We weren't hurting anyone!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Busy weekend coming up. Got a halloween party, costume party at New England Comics, Champions game at my FLGS, and to top it off, the regular game on Sunday may be a horror themed event (assuming any of my players are actually interested).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:25 pm

You got me beat. I just have to build and stock an entire store with the pointy haired boss and not give Jeremy a ride home from a warmachine tournament.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:08 am

After a break so I could watch my oldest son's first karate tournament (in which I didn't actually get to watch because my youngest son got cranky enough that he needed a nap) we are back to gaming. This week it's boardgames, and frankly I need a fix bad enough I don't care what we play...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Mark you may want to check this out, looks like something you might like. I haven't played it, but the production and minis looked really nice.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1247 ... nd-mystics
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:17 pm

Ohh looks cool, I may have to pick that up!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:40 am

So in our rotation of games we play, tomorrow is supposed to be my game, 7th Sea, but we will be missing people, so instead we will probably just play board games. Gives me a bit more time to work on my re-write.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:51 pm

So I surprised Mark yesterday and actually ran my game. They are now shipwrecked somewhere, they are not sure if it is an island or part of some land they have never been, they had to scrape up supplies from the stuff that was on the beach with them. They took from the dead crewmen with them, anything they could use, then almost threw him to the sharks, but relized the sharks probably would rather have a live meal instead, so left him on the beach, and made their way inland, to find drinkable water. I'll leave the rest for Mark to post if he wants too. :P
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 pm

I was quite surprised (and pleasantly too). I'd have responded earlier, but the kiddos brought home an 'ick' from school and it got me :(.

I mostly enjoyed how creatively Laura bypassed all the stuff we'd failed to notice by simply killing off (or I should say, from our character's perspectives, killing off) all the important NPCs of the old plot. Fun part we didn't see any of the bodies (that I recall) and we have no recollection of how we got here, so they could still be very much alive, we just don't know at this point.

I am really looking forward to seeing how Laura is going to bring Eric's character back (we were unable to find him on the beach or anywhere in our travels (though I may have tried to use his body as bait for the sharks).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:51 am

This week we're back to Golden Age Superheroes! Our heroes have just finished up a run-in with the local mob (and they really hit the big-time as Murder Inc. was hired to send them a message). Worse, the mobsters had some interesting (and unheard of) tech at their disposal which made the fight way more interesting than the heroes would have liked. And to top it off, the mobsters had their very own deathtrap which almost cost the lives of a dozen innocent civilians in addition to the heroes themselves. Fortunately justice prevailed and the mobsters paid with their lives.

Thus the heroes have earned a well-deserved rest. Or they would if they didn't have their very own secret base to build underneath city hall (and with the full knowledge and permission of New York's very own Mayor LaGuardia). So it should just be a boring day filled with spending points on a new base...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:59 am

And this week, we're back to Deadlands. Last time the players got themselves involved in a missing persons case (of a sort). After the death of his mother, a boy wanders lost, leaving behind his father (who's now grieving two losses). They lose touch, until one day, out of the blue, the dad gets a letter. Son is happy now but never wants to hear from him again. Dad won't allow that and hires the heroes to check this out. So far, our heroes have made it into the town nearest sons location and started asking questions...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Had to back up a bit since apparently our last session of Deadlands was missing a few folks, so we redid part and ended up with them searching the church compound (and learning some strange things).

This week, I think only Laura is going to make it so we'll see what comes of that (probably boardgames).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mundane Matters