Gaming and More Gaming!

The place for everything else.

Re: Gaming and More Gaming!

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:27 pm

I will be there Mark. I wasn't sure if I had to work, but got what I needed done today, and she has enough help for tomorrow, and she forgot to schedual me. I told her if she needed me, I would do an early shift, but since I got everything done tonight, I don't have to go in. So see you tommorrow afternoon. Going to do a bit of shopping in the morning before I come over though.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:46 pm

Had just a terrific adventure today (sorry Laura). Our golden age Supers, hot on the trail of a subterranean killer in tunnels beneath NYC at last found their quarry. In an effluence collector, it attacked. Stunningly it was comprised entirely of trash. It said not a word but enveloped The Nightmare and began suffocating him. The fight was difficult because the creature seemingly had no vital areas and seemed immune to being knocked out. Fortunately, they discovered (quite by accident) that it suffered greatly from cold damage. After that, it was just a matter of time. When the fight was over, they were able to discern that it was the creature they were looking for, but could not determine whether it would come back or not.

But upon arriving back at their base, they were confronted by The Magus' sometimes aid, the ghost of his grandfather. He had a dire warning, while they defeated one, more would be coming, and the heroes would be overwhelmed. So they did the only thing they could think of, they asked for help. In the end they got Grandfather's Ghost (who was previously The Magus), a sometimes ally The Bellringer (a boxing super out of Philadelphia) and his sidekick WIlliam Tell, The Nightmare's mentor, The Grim Reaper (from Salem, Ma), 3 of the other Todd Tomorrows (the first/last one, the female TT, and the primitive TT, a Neanderthal), and finally, using the other Todd Tomorrows, they went to each month of the year and picked up every permutation of The Zodiac...

That's when the fun really started. Each of the heroes had two creatures to fight and they were everywhere in the city. Fortunately justice prevailed and the creatures were defeated. Unfortunately, they had a dire warning about more to come...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:47 pm

That's ok Mark, I would not have been good company. Besides the scarey ride I had home last night, I had had to wait over an hour for the tow truck to arrive, as while I was cleaning off my car last night, I had put the key into the ignition, shut the door, and because of the rust and the cold, my doors hadn't unlocked all the way, so they relocked me out of my car in the storm. I got home soaking wet, cold and shivering, and then also found out it was "that" lovely time of the month. Not a good night for me, and then I had to get up and shovel out my part of the driveway, while achy and cramping, after being woken up at 6am earlier, with the neighbors shoveling out part of the driveway, on one of the few days I can sleep in.

No, I would not have been good company at all.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Well, we didn't really game yesterday. Mark was sick and e-mailed everyone to cancel, and of course I didn't see the e-mail so showed up anyway, lol. Ended up playing a short but fun card game, I don't remember the name of it, but you had to mix dna together and get some wild and crazy animals. Afterward I stayed for a delious dinner of grilled chicken, with veggies and noodles, and then afterwards, while Mark's boys were doing their chores, I spent time with Kelly, his daughter, who had already finished her chores, and we drew some horses together. All in all a fun time! :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:52 am

No game again this week (had one out sick, another had work, and a Patriots game kept a third out) so we just sat around and shot the shit. I talked about a comic book idea I've got puttering around in my head, may have to see if I can find an artist to help me out...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:23 am

We're back around to Laura's Game and the return of our shipwrecked crew on the weird island! This week perhaps Loyosh will learn what happened to his little Castillian friend...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:47 am

Busy weekend of gaming coming up. Tonight its at my FLGS and Modern Era Superheros. We're still deep into the bad guy substory and the players don't seem to know where I'm going with this (which is exactly how I like it), but Eric does know that it was inspired by The Suicide Squad so maybe he has some inkling...

Then Sunday its the regular group here at the house and Golden Age Champions. The heroes just had the most awesome team-up in which they were overwhelmed by bad guys and had to call in reinforcements from every corner of the Earth and throughout time! It was spectacular! This week, now that the minions are taken care of and the reinforcements have gone their separate ways, it's time to go find the baddy who started this whole thing...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:43 pm

Last week was our usual board game week, got to work on Mansions of Madness. It's a Betrayal at the House on the Hill clone but with WAY more rules and gizmos and stuff. Only got a little way through it but we all think it's gonna get faster when we know the damn rules so we don't have to keep searching for the right page.

EDIT: I should have added here that it will be Deadlands if everyone doesn't freak out about the snow coming tomorrow night (yes I know it's gonna happen 24+ hours before gaming but you know how New Englanders are about snow).

This week its Deadlands. One of our players has been incommunicado for some time now so we're gonna move on without him if he doesn't show up. He's our heavy gun so the other players will just have to make up for it.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:01 pm

My showing up will depend on if I get my car shoveled out, and the plowed streets. I have tomorrow off, but supposed to work the late shift saturday afternoon, but because of the weather, I am to call before I need to be there, to see if I should just stay home.

Meanwhile today was just plain crazy at work. They could hardly keep up with the customers. The bagged salad wall was barren by the time I left, and the "green wall", where all the loose kale, lettuce and other loose greens are kept looked like a bomb had gone off, leaving remaining pieces of leaves here and there, to show there had been something there.

My flower department was busy too, as I guess people just want to have something of spring to look at during all this snow.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:22 am

Ok Mark, I can already tell you that I will not be showing up tomorrow for gaming. I will be needing the day to shovel out my car. I am hoping to be able to start shoveling it out today, but from the looks out there, its going to take me at least 2 days to get my area of the driveway unshoveled, and remove the mounds of snow the plows have and will pile up behind it.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:24 am

Rebecca Iavelli wrote:Ok Mark, I can already tell you that I will not be showing up tomorrow for gaming. I will be needing the day to shovel out my car. I am hoping to be able to start shoveling it out today, but from the looks out there, its going to take me at least 2 days to get my area of the driveway unshoveled, and remove the mounds of snow the plows have and will pile up behind it.

OK Playtesting 7th Sea adventures it is then!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:34 am

Your just saying that to irritate me, I know.

Just got a texted from work, they have decided to stay closed today, so I don't have to go into work, not that I had planned to anyway, with the mess out there. There was no way I was going to ride the T, which isn't running right now anyway, nor get my car unshoveled out in time anyway.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:57 am

Oh COME ON! I already dug out the entire walkway (which was waist deep due to snow drifts btw) and freed up the dog's official dumping grounds (cause the snow is about 2' over his head, I'll pause while you all consider how awesomely funny it is to imagine the dog trying to pee in snow that deep...)

It'll only take me the rest of the day to get the cars and driveway free ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:51 pm

OH, don't you have John comming over to plow you all out? Here it' was just me and my downstairs neighbor. Both of us 50 or older. He has a 16 year old son living with him in the house. Where was he? In bed asleep. HELLOOOOO?
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:36 pm

Rebecca Iavelli wrote: He has a 16 year old son living with him in the house. Where was he? In bed asleep. HELLOOOOO?

I think you just found a place to store all the snow...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:53 am

Grumble, game cancelled :( Ah well I didn't get to go to the comic book store yesterday, so I can go this morning. Oh yea and write!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:30 am

Well, people are still trying to dig out their cars! I just spent the last hour and a half outside shoveling the huge iceburg that is parked behind my car, blocking it from the road. Feet are now frozen, so had to come in and thaw them out. Plan to go back out in a couple of hours to finish removing the iceburg, so that it doesn't become a real one, with the rain we are supposed to get in the next couple of days.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Little trick I do to help my feet is to sprinkle cayenne pepper in my shoes before going outside. Just don't do it with good shoes and socks. :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:41 pm

I've heard of that trick LG, but I don't have any type of pepper in the house, not one of my favorite condiments.

The iceburg is now history, and I'm soaked to the bone with sweat. Time for a shower as soon as I cool off.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:07 pm

We're back around to 7th Sea! Hopefully the snow we may be getting on Sat night won't deter the others from showing up...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:16 am

Hate to say this Mark, but as of now, I'm not happy with how it looks out there. I have heard the snow plows out on the street at least 3 times (first time woke me up), and it is still snowing. I don't plan to go out to shovel at least til 10am or so, but if it is still snowing then, I will probably cancel, as you know I don't like driving on slippery roadways.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:07 am

Rebecca Iavelli wrote:Hate to say this Mark, but as of now, I'm not happy with how it looks out there. I have heard the snow plows out on the street at least 3 times (first time woke me up), and it is still snowing. I don't plan to go out to shovel at least til 10am or so, but if it is still snowing then, I will probably cancel, as you know I don't like driving on slippery roadways.

:cry:

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:54 pm

I know it's only monday, but I just noticed that its boardgaming this upcoming weekend. That's good. I think my brain needs a little downtime before running more games (not to mention my voice, which, if you're curious, gave out after the first game, yes THE FIRST GAME. I truthfully have no idea how I managed to run another 5 games after that...)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:37 pm

I think Mark, is its because you get so hyped up, like a little kid, and you just expell so much energy in your excitement of running your first con game of the year, it wears your throat out. :lol:
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby spizio » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:30 pm

It was the bees, the bees it was.
spizio

PreviousNext

Return to Mundane Matters