Gaming and More Gaming!

The place for everything else.

Re: Gaming and More Gaming!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:12 am

Pathfinder was loads of old school fun, we spend the whole session standing virtually in the same spot as the cannibals, whose village we'd just invaded, ran to the slaughter. Favorite part of the session was when the big bad leader ran up. We're all preparing for a big fight and worried because we can see more on the way and we're worried we're going to get overwhelmed. When the Barbarian pulls the most awesome (max damage) critical hit on the big bad, killing him instantly.

But that didn't keep things from getting hairy, we're only 2nd level characters so while we can go strong for a couple of rounds (Barbarian can rage for 8 rounds, I can sing for 9) we pretty quickly peter out. And that's where we left it last week (just after we finished the last of the combatants we could see).

So this week, who knows? Will more of them come to finish us off? Will we flee (and try to get some much-needed rest)? Will we risk it all and just push on ahead?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Polaris the RPG system. Has anyone experienced this????
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:13 pm

cpugs wrote:Polaris the RPG system. Has anyone experienced this????

I hadn't even heard of it until you mentioned it.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby cpugs » Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:42 pm

Description of Polaris:

For centuries, wars and climatic catastrophes have ravaged the surface of the earth, making it uninhabitable by all but the mutated and monstrous. Humanity, searching for refuge, combs the worlds oceans and finds sanctuary...and more. Welcome to Polaris!

From the French publishers of the award-winning Pathfinder RPG comes the Polaris RPG. A brand new post-apocalyptic sci-fi RPG system and setting from Black Book Editions.
cpugs

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:59 pm

If you like that Charlie, might I suggest Fragged Empire? (http://fraggedempire.com/)

Essentially, Earth was taken over by ailens who uplifted us into various new races for their own purposes. Eventually we rebelled and destroyed them only to fall to infighting among the new races. We end up decimating ourselves and most of Earth.

Cut to 100 years later. We've started looking back at the stars, but still don't trust the other races (though we need each others help to get there).

The art alone is worth the price. Here's a close up of the cover.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:45 pm

Apparently, my new 7th Sea player wants to rip off Capt. Jack Sparrow wholesale...#insertevillaughhere :evil: :twisted:

(He asked for the Debt background to boot!)
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:53 pm

This weekend regular group is on hiatus (since over half will be missing for the next two weeks). Instead, Megan, Laura and I will join some of our local regulars in another playtest of Ep. 14. THIS time I will write notes and listen to criticism. ;)

Next weekend (since it will be the day after X-mas) I doubt we'll do anything. But who knows.

Hope you're all planning some great shenanigans

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby daundelyon » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:09 am

Quotes from our 7th Sea second ed. one shots.

-Pirates are allergic to ships! It is known!
-Vesten, mother******, do you speak it?!?
-What's the policy on bringing wenches to the ship?
As long as we aren't leaving in the morning. In that case, bring enough to share
-You pay for yours?
-Background resting bitchface
-I kissed a girl, it was scary/that crazy bitch done cursed me!
-Outlaw Vesten!
-Pirate country (music)!
-(In regards to Ussura's weather) I have mommy issues, leave me alone!
-You're not my underwear monitor!
-I have to come back with something!
Syphilis?
-Strange things are afoot at the Circle V.
-(While fighting a small dust devil) We're going to stop and watch Peryl break wind.
-Lick it! See how many it takes to get to the center!
-And lo, Jesus (that's Hey-sus, Castilian priest) did appear and he did right the wagon and calm the horses.
"He used the Force!"
"Yeah, mass times acceleration!"
daundelyon

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:40 am

Our regular weekly group is coming to the end of Season 1 of our Supernatural campaign (5 adventures left, so two or so more months of play). On the trip home after the playtest, I spoke with Laura and Megan, and both seem to be happy with continuing on to Season 2. Jen is rabid about continuing and Eric and Earl haven't expressed an opinion either way.

So it looks like I should get to fleshing that out a bit better here before we get back under way.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Nutmeg_25 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:04 pm

And TOTALCON this weekend!
I am torn between hoping John Wick joins us, and being nervous to run the game for him, assuming he'd do a flashback.
http://nanowrimo.org/widget/MyMonth/megsong23.png
Nutmeg_25

Postby salamanca » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 pm

If John shows up, put him at Mark's Table and be done with it.

And he should not play the O'Bannon.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Ideally tonight I run my game tonight. And the Eisen player will be back and I can talk to him about helping out IC in reining in Capt. Jack Sociopath.

And I have an idea about the consequences of actions if he insists on becoming a Murder Hobo.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:29 pm

You can always start using Corruption...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:20 pm

Capt. Sociopath is also MIA tonight, so there's a bit of respite on that end at least.

Lady Grace

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Anyways the important thing is, I was able to express some concerns to players Dan & Steve about hopefully IC reining in our Sparrow clone.

And then we just had a simple little shopping trip in Malaca. At a dive bar that served literal piss water to the Inishman. And they lost Sir Bosley.... :twisted:

Lady Grace

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:49 pm

Mike & I have a morning e-mail chat with a couple of online friends. And the day's discussion involved RPGs: which games we'd run and what we'd make the rest of the group play if we had the choice. Naturally, I picked 7th Sea...

"Don: Avalon Knight of Elaine working under Lawrence Lugh. Just got promoted. Honest, upright, valorous. Has the Trusting Hubris.

Mike: apprentice Fate Witch -- from the Villanova family. Didn't run away so much as got separated and lost from the Family. Illiterate and has been completely sheltered and naive. Has the Trusting Hubris.

COB: Castillian wrestler/entertainer disowned by his family because of his interest in wrestling. Wears a mask All. The. Time. so as not to dishonor them further. Boisterous. Never afraid to back down from a fight. Or start one. Has the Trusting Hubris.

And since Mike picked Steve, I'll go with Dan...

Dan: Vendel member of the Invisible College on the cusp of a BIG discovery. On the run from the Inquisition, angry Vesten relatives, rival scientists, the Villanovas, his creditors, someone who MIGHT be the O'Bannon and his ex-girlfriend whom he left at the altar. Has Foul Weather Jack and the Cowardly hubris."

Lady Grace

Postby crimsonjoe » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:52 am

Lady Grace wrote:Mike & I have a morning e-mail chat with a couple of online friends. And the day's discussion involved RPGs: which games we'd run and what we'd make the rest of the group play if we had the choice. Naturally, I picked 7th Sea...

"Don: Avalon Knight of Elaine working under Lawrence Lugh. Just got promoted. Honest, upright, valorous. Has the Trusting Hubris.

Mike: apprentice Fate Witch -- from the Villanova family. Didn't run away so much as got separated and lost from the Family. Illiterate and has been completely sheltered and naive. Has the Trusting Hubris.

COB: Castillian wrestler/entertainer disowned by his family because of his interest in wrestling. Wears a mask All. The. Time. so as not to dishonor them further. Boisterous. Never afraid to back down from a fight. Or start one. Has the Trusting Hubris.

And since Mike picked Steve, I'll go with Dan...

Dan: Vendel member of the Invisible College on the cusp of a BIG discovery. On the run from the Inquisition, angry Vesten relatives, rival scientists, the Villanovas, his creditors, someone who MIGHT be the O'Bannon and his ex-girlfriend whom he left at the altar. Has Foul Weather Jack and the Cowardly hubris."

Is it wrong that I want to play all four of these characters in one of the Living Campaigns?
crimsonjoe

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:23 am

crimsonjoe wrote:Is it wrong that I want to play all four of these characters in one of the Living Campaigns?

Au contraire! Variety is the spice of life.

It might be fairer to the other players, however, if you normally played just one at a time. :)
Sister Sonya

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 am

Well, the Alchemist Guild e-book DID have that Split Personality advantage... :twisted:

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:59 am

No game this week (since it's april vacation for the kiddos). But our intrepid Supernatural Heroes have made it all the way to the penultimate adventure. They've found the book hidden in the swamp near Dogtown MA (yes it's a real place. Look it up, awesome history/hauntings). Unfortunately for them, taking the book released the spell which was keeping the witches' pet demon from getting to it.

So for next time, they're going to have to run from the Demon and (Hopefully) find a spot for the book to reside (and maybe even try to find a way to kill the demon).

That'll be next weekend

Weekend after that, its up to NH and our monthly game. This time around Cold Steel Wardens, the RPG of 90's era, angsty, street-level superheroes.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:37 am

Because of Steve's crappy work schedule, we're switching 7th Sea to Saturday afternoons. Tonight, we're starting a 5th ed D&D game with Dan trying out his GMing skills. Of course, since Dan wants to please everyone he's allowing Capt. Sociopath to play a Mystic from Unearthed Arcana.

This makes me leery, but me and Mike have faith that the Captain doesn't know how to play psionics that very well to do too much damage to the party. And if he DOES act up, well I have a Neutral Evil assassin for a reason.

And yes, I did ask Dan if that would be all right and I was willing to change alignment if that was a problem.

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:41 pm

By change alignment, you meant switch to CHAOTIC evil, right?

And any real assassin plays lawful evil, they are under contract after all.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:25 pm

I'm willing to have my current patron try to make me a better offer before I betray them, that's all...

Lady Grace

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:44 pm

Note for later: remember that Mike doesn't play subtle characters... :shock:

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:55 pm

First season ender for Supernatural was last weekend. I destroyed their car, and darn near killed Megan's character who decided to face down a Demon without a weapon...

As it stands now, the book they've been after for the whole season is safely ensconced within their benefactor (Bertie)'s house, which is completely witch-proofed.

Course they discovered that Jen's character's boss, Butterfly Moonbeam (a 60's hippy new-agey pothead) is also a witch, but not the "sold my soul to the devil" kind, the Wiccan kind. And she's none too happy that the players took the book because now the evil witches might get at it...

As for this weekend, got myself a heavy gaming schedule. Saturday is Deadlands at the FLGS, then Sunday its up to NH with Megan and Kelly (her first time) to play Cold Steel Wardens.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mundane Matters