Gaming and More Gaming!

The place for everything else.

Gaming and More Gaming!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:03 am

For the last 4 weekends in a row I have not been able to play in our regular weekly game session (various commitments and travel conspired against me). But tonight, I am running my regular monthy Champions game at my FLGS followed tomorrow by the return of our regular weeked home group get together (its our scheduled boargames week) I am so excited!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Gaming and More Gaming!

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:45 am

For the last 4 weekends in a row I have not been able to play in our regular weekly game session (various commitments and travel conspired against me). But tonight, I am running my regular monthy Champions game at my FLGS followed tomorrow by the return of our regular weeked home group get together (its our scheduled boargames week) I am so excited!

OOOHH! boargames! So I guess we are hunting large hairy pigs? I understand you have to use a spear for that because they are really mean suckers! You want to keep them at a distance, otherwise they tear you up with their tusk. Mark, I never knew you were a hunter at heart. :lol: :P ;) :D
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:59 am

Laura,
Am I going to have to add this
to your GoSM shirt?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:05 am

LOL, why not, my name at work is "G", because there are 2 of us Laura's. So my boss is "Bones" because her last name is McCoy, and mine is "G" or "Gee", because of my last name, lol. Besides, I have my shirt now, so you would have trouble putting that on it, unless I gave it back. :P

It also works with the game GOSM. :lol:
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:06 am

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 am

LOLOLOL, hey, I didn't tell you that you spelled it wrong, I was just playing with the way you spelled it, LOLOLOL. :P
Edit:
Because I can. Besides, you and Dave have the GM section so nailed down, I doubt I can come up with anything you guys haven't thought of yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 06, 2012 9:57 am

Rebecca Iavelli wrote:Besides, you and Dave have the GM section so nailed down, I doubt I can come up with anything you guys haven't thought of yet.

[threadjack]
Didn't we have this discussion when I couldn't get Kara to give me a list of 5's? Just because you repeat it doesn't mean it isn't valuable...
[/threadjack]
Now back on topic (in the off-topic forum). Gaming again this week! Deadlands. My favorite Steampunk, Dystopic, Cowboy Horror-themed RPG.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Boardgames! Just the light fare to whet my appetite for some serious gaming starting, oh, say, Wednesday afternoon!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 28, 2012 8:58 am

Had lots of fun yesterday. Played Betrayal at the House on the Hill and totally kicked the traitor's (my beloved wife) butt.

Then I bowed out so Her Magesty could keep playing (it was our anniversary after all) and they continued with Oh Gnome You Don't (by Gut Bustin' Games, makers of Redneck Life)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon May 28, 2012 9:15 am

Which is a fun game, and She won it, though I came in a very close second. I still think they need to run a LARP of it, lol.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Mon May 28, 2012 10:01 am

They have an ongoing redneck life LARP. You just have to move back there.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 28, 2012 10:46 am

DANG

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:01 am

Laura is sick this week, so no 7th Sea, but I'm thinking of some fun (one shot) ideas...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:40 pm

So no gaming at all, instead we watched John Carter. I don't know what people were complaining about, it was just what I expected it to be. Fun ride all around, and some great banter ("Tharks don't fly!") I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it (and especially so if you love the source material).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Bummer, I like that movie!

Well, at least you didn't run the playtest 5 without me. I'm already down by one PA part I never got to play, that DAVE ran, that I wanted to play, you would not like me if I missed the playtest for 5, also. :P

Edit: You know I'm just being pouty. But I am bummed I couldn't play today, I'm sick, so feels like everythings going so wrong in my life. Just pure bummed.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:46 am

So back from vacation, back on EST and finally gotten enough sleep just in time for our weekly game! We're back around to boardgames. While out on vacation, we introduced no less than 7 people to Cards Against Humanity, so I'm raring to go!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:45 am

Ohh, so we might be playing it again? I'm up for it! Just too funny of a game, causes much laughter which is good for the soul. :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:36 pm

Busy busy weekend coming up. Friday its Heroes of Altamira at OGC until the wee hours of the morning. Then Saturday evening its Dawn of the New Age (the Modern Day Superhero campaign I'm running at the FLGS), and finally Sunday, its our regular group's normal gaming day. This week, Deadlands!

I have a feeling the wife is going to murder me in my sleep on Monday...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:22 pm

Nah, Mark, she'll just make you get up early with the kids on Monday, since she will be with them most of the weekend by herself. Of course, if you don't get up and let her sleep in then, I might need to look for another GM.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:45 pm

7th Sea this weekend!!!

FINALLY, been waiting to play Loyosha for (what seems like) months now. WIll Loyosha be killed by the Vodacce who can't stand his lack of manners? Will he be forced to get his mommy to defend him? Will cannonfire be involved? Tune in and see!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:05 pm

No need, I snuck into the advance screening.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:07 pm

For those of you waiting with baited breath, No Loyosha was not killed by the Vodacce, in fact they seemed just as happy to give him a big send him off. This coincided with the news that Loyosha would be returning to Castille (accompanied by the 'ever-lost' captain who seems to be wandering willy-nilly between La Boca del Cielo and the Forbidden Sea).

There, however, while 'entertaining' he was awoken by the smell of smoke and had to heroically rescue his entire party AND all the people in the tavern (or at least that's the way Loyosha will remember it). Afterward, he got to see his long-lost puppy who was ready for another go-round of rough-and-tumble (which resulted in a number of other dogs coming to play too)...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:40 pm

This weekend is chock full of Gaming Goodness! Tonight my monthly FLGS group goes back to our old digs (my FLGS' owner had planned on calling it quits and selling out, but that apparently fell through so he's staying in the game) and plays the next installment of our Modern Age Champions game Dawn of the New Age.

Then tomorrow, the regular group gets together to play my very favorite Western, horror, steampunk RPG, Deadlands.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Well, we didn't play Deadlands because we were down a couple of people. Besides Mark, there was just Eric, myself and Megan. So we decided to playtest Episode 5.

Not going to say anything about it, people will play it later, but I will have to say, I think I created a nice character to use for the playtesting.

Decided to go with a Castillian, Rose & Cross, Righteous and upfront. Gabriella Maria Ruiz de Torres.
First character in a while that has caught my attention about herself. Will have to build up her background and other stuff. :D

Oh, and Mark was happy because he actually got me to swear in this one, lol.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:47 am

Loyosha was very exited this day as it was apparently Loyosha's birthday. And Loyosha got exactly what he wanted, drinking, fighting, and drinking while fighting. Oh and a really nice hat.

Loyosha's two cousins found him in a random tavern in Castille and after a little bit of drinking in which Loyosha might have passed out a time or two, heard from a very nice girl that Loyosha met while going to church. Apparently her brother got assaulted by bad men in desperate need to give Loyosha his birthday present. (not the hat). All in all, a very good day for Loyosha.

Though secretly Loyosha misses his mommy.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Next

Return to Mundane Matters