Gaming and More Gaming!

The place for everything else.

Re: Gaming and More Gaming!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:33 pm

So far I have 4 (at least) coming to playtest this weekend Laura, Megan, Antonio, and my savior as usual, Charlie. Anyone else want in on this speak up now. Here's your chance to make me cry.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby kenderleech » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:54 pm

Sorry, I cant make it. You need to get that teleportarium up and running, mark.
kenderleech

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:08 pm

Tomorrow, we're doing a holiday one-shot where Mike will attempt to get his revenge on me, since he's GMing.

Inspired by a couple of Origins ago, this will be an "Other Guys" themed adventure. :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby CaitlinCallahan » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:17 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:So far I have 4 (at least) coming to playtest this weekend Laura, Megan, Antonio, and my savior as usual, Charlie. Anyone else want in on this speak up now. Here's your chance to make me cry.

Have fun today!!!
CaitlinCallahan

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:54 pm

And Mike earned the double flip of the bird from me in yesterday's one-shot. Now...now I plot and brood as I return to the GM chair in the coming year...
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:53 pm

Lady Grace wrote:And Mike earned the double flip of the bird from me in yesterday's one-shot.

I'm guessing that's good?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:55 pm

Playtest went wonderfully. Only four playtesters but boy did they do a great job. Thank you Laura, Megan, Charlie, and Antonio for all your help!

Next week we get back to regular games, Pathfinder for the month, and I have that much time to write my adventures for Supernatural. We'll see how it goes.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:12 pm

Reading through your posts about reading old systems Mark. I just tried to read through the Batman Role-Playing game. https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Role-Play ... 0923763082

This was the most 80's style rpg i have read in a looonnnng time. Roll dice. consult this chart to see if you succeed and by how much you do. then consult this OTHER chart to calculate how you compare to the target TN.

I haven't had this much fun since AD&D thac0 charts.....
smafdi

Postby salamanca » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:56 pm

Thac0 was a breeze. Batman was a subset of DC Heroes where they had to deal with Batman and Superman on the same scale so every number in a stat was exponential.

You really want an early 80's experience, go dig around the net for the Marvel FASERIP material. Everything gets resolved on percentiles and one big chart. Even my brother could figure that system out.

Now Hero system for Champions...that was a game for min/maxers.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:30 pm

Mark: Yes, that was a compliment to how my husband got me.

Sal: Champions was my late friend Dre's game of choice. Give him the character & campaign guidelines and he could kitbash a toon in no time.

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:35 pm

Lady Grace wrote:Mark: Yes, that was a compliment to how my husband got me.

Well? Don't just keep us in suspense! What happened?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:11 pm

I preface this by saying this might not make sense to others or be a Big Thing.

One of the running jokes I've done in my current campaign is have cameos by various e-wrestlers (yes, wrestling RPG characters) Mike and I have either played or feuded with. Most infamously, one of Mike's most favorite characters has become a major NPC in my game, one Simon O'Neal (the guy who inspired the O'Neal fighting school in the fanbook back in the day). And Mike got to run him.

Until he got Blown Up, killing the party's mascot to boot. Simon is back, sort of, but as a very irritated ghost that only the PC nun can see.

ANYWAY

Mike has a simple one-shot where we never leave the bar. Friendly little bar fight, e-wrestler cameos in full force. And then Mike has making cameos a couple of MY characters. Actually, my first wrestler as a hot-headed violent Vodacce swordsman.

And his manager/lover. Who, in her origins was a middle aged in her 40's Z movie actress (also, my 1st "It Came From The Late Late Late Show" character). And Mike has instead turned into an ancient, ancient crone. No, she's not a sorte strega either. She's just very very old.

Cue the double middle fingers from me.

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Eric and Jen are bagging it this upcoming week to go to something called Arisia, leaving the rest of us to do something on our own.

Megan wants to go see Thor:Ragnarok and Earl and I are up for whatever. Haven't heard from Laura (who I'm beginning to become concerned has found a new, better group of reprobates to hang out with.)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Super excited for this weekend's Pathfinder. My youngest would like to start playing. He's made himself a barbarian and is raring to go. Should be great fun.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 am

Forgot to update this for a while now. We're going to take a break from Supernatural for a while (need some time to regroup about ideas) so we'll be making characters for Tales from the Loop next week. After that it's TotalCon then back to Pathfinder.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Eyeheartawk » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:46 pm

I'll dip my toes in here.

Kenny is running a Shadow of the Demon Lord game. It's pretty fun. I'm playing a sort of zany, evil sorcerer cat guy. Dat verisimilitude!

Also playing in a Savage Worlds fantasy thing with another group face to face. That's pretty okay, not the biggest Savage Worlds fan, tbh, but the dudes playing in it are nice, so I continue to go.

Also playing in a 7th Sea 1e game over Roll20 with the bros from my high school. I'm playing a DK Mortis dude, going about as well as can be expected intra-party dynamics wise as can be expected because of that. I mainly just wanted to try out Mortis as I've never actually played a DK.

Beyond this, every three or so months we go to my friend's family cabin on the Lake Michigan dunes. Mainly we get blasted to oblivion for a weekend and very occasionally play an RPG or boardgame. I'm probably going to run a joke module me and some of my friend's wrote about potatoes ( http://www.rpgnow.com/product/219711/Po ... st_epoch=0). I would not recommend playing this as it is unplayable nonsense. But we're going to be doing it anyway. Also, gonna run a terrible forgotten 90s RPG EXTREME VENGEANCE (https://rpggeek.com/rpg/2793/extreme-vengeance) that should be pretty fun when hammered.
This is what happens when you mess with a stranger in the Alps.
Eyeheartawk

Postby salamanca » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:58 pm

I went and tried out the Wizards of the Coast Adventurer's League 5th ed. D&D last saturday. People were nice enough. Almost all beginners (and I mean literally have played at most 2 sessions in their life of anything). GM was a nice guy but not my style of GM, he was all about the dice checks.

But the adventure... the published WotC adventure for this campaign... It was literally 2 very small combats and nothing else. No puzzle solving, no NPC interactions, no real plot beyond "go here and do this, then return to me". I would have run the entire thing as maybe 30 minutes of a session and it took 4 and a half hours to get through it.

Somebody should be building Mark freaking statues in his honor for what he gives you all to play in this campaign. (and by somebody, I mean Hasbro)
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:14 pm

Travis Hancock just launched his new kickstarter for Deadwood 1876. I bought his last one, a pirate game called Tortuga and it was so damn nice he automatically earned my support, sight unseen, for this one. But glancing at it, it looks just as good if you want a western bank robber board game that will play a bunch of people all at once.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/travishancock/deadwood-1876-a-safe-robbing-game-of-teamwork-and

go have a look.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:51 am

Regular gaming resumes this week with the last Deadlands game at the flgs. Our posse will finally find out just exactly what's going on and how to stop it. After that (if there's time) some discussion about setting and ideas for our next monthly game, Shadowrun (25th Anniversary Ed.)

Then Sunday it's back to Pathfinder with Eric GMing (and as a bonus, my youngest, Scott will be joining us regularly!)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:46 pm

The mysteries of the weird west reached out across time and blacked-out the games store. So their secrets are still safe.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:21 am

Interesting fun little story. One of my regular gamers saw someone at a local gaming store looking to buy the services of a GM ( birthday present for the husband). And she threw my hat in the ring ( I suspect it was because they specifically mentioned 7th Sea as a possible game). So it looks like someone may actually pay me to run games for them.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:32 am

They are getting overcharged.
salamanca

Postby Nutmeg_25 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:01 pm

Clearly you need to use it to get the GameRV of DEWM
http://nanowrimo.org/widget/MyMonth/megsong23.png
Nutmeg_25

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:42 pm

Good Gaming Weekend. Tonight my FLGS group will finish up the Deadlands campaign I wrote a couple of years ago, followed by character creation for Shadowrun

Tomorrow it's boardgame weekend (since we'll be missing about half our folks for that Renewal ceremony)

Pic of what the renewal ceremony may or may not look like...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:24 am

This weekend, I'll be taking the youngest with me to NH to play The Sentinels of the Multiverse RPG. I, of course, snagged Wraith, because of course I did.

Next week we start Tales from the Loop.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mundane Matters