Gaming and More Gaming!

The place for everything else.

Re: Gaming and More Gaming!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:04 am

salamanca wrote:Let him wake up inside a building with no doors or windows.

You forgot FRICTIONLESS!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:08 pm

You've been home for what, Laura, half an hour? Where's the story about Loyosha and company getting pooped all over by angry birds...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 pm

Mark, you are supposed to tell the story, remember. I told it when I was Rebecca in your stories, so you are supposed to tell it when I run. :P
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby spizio » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:48 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:You've been home for what, Laura, half an hour? Where's the story about Loyosha and company getting pooped all over by angry birds...

Maybe you shouldn't have worn evil pig suits
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Busy weekend coming up. Saturday is the monthly Modern-Era Champions game (where we'll hopefully get to the final fight). Then Sunday it's boardgames (where I may try to get some folks to play Road to Canterbury, assuming I can't get the wife to play it before then).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:14 pm

I was also thinking of bringing the "Cheap Shot" card game I got, Mark. Told Jenny about it and she liked the sound of it.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Canterbury works better if you restrict the "extra turn tokens" by rewarding them only IF the acting player played the final card to kill a pilgrim. Otherwise, handing them out everytime a random "death" card gets drawn and played late in the game is rapidly unbalancing.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Eyeheartawk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:15 pm

Mark, how do you find Champions? I was always reticent to try it because because every time I shoot the HERO book a sideways glance it grows larger. But as I understand it, Champions isn't 1:1 HERO, so I'm wondering how it plays.
This is what happens when you mess with a stranger in the Alps.
Eyeheartawk

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:06 pm

With the right players & GM, I like Champions (caveat: haven't played 6th ed yet). Mind you, I've never been good at the math of making Champions characters though, but it does appeal to the "roll lots of dice for damage!" subcockles of my heart.

I knew a guy...give him the campaign guidelines, how many points to build w/Complications and what was and wasn't allow and he could whip up a viable Champions character in 30 minutes or less. He was THAT scary good in character design. Of course, he had an addiction to Wangst that made the Marvel Universe look well-adjusted...
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:41 pm

Eyeheartawk wrote:Mark, how do you find Champions? I was always reticent to try it because because every time I shoot the HERO book a sideways glance it grows larger. But as I understand it, Champions isn't 1:1 HERO, so I'm wondering how it plays.

LG got it right. If you can roll a d6 and calculate the following 1= 0 Body, 2-5= 1Body, 6= 2 Body (so you'd calculate how many dice you have subtract the "1's" from the "6's" and add the remainder (if it's a positive number, subtract if its negative) to the total dice) AND add the pips for Stun, you know all you really need to.

Caveat for me is you absolutely must have one person who understands the rules (so someone has to bite the bullet and read those ponderous tomes, which, since I went, not once but twice to graduate school, I am used to). But after the frontloading to learn to make characters, the actual play is very quick.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:56 pm

Of all the supers games I have played and owned, it handled mechanics and variety of creative power sets the best. But you need a stat/mechanics freak to min/max everybody. There are power pool tricks and things that are super if someone knows how to cheat the system with them. Mind you I am always more about story than dice rolling (and I hate stat crunching) so I normally fall back on marvel FASERIP for oneshot games.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Man, am I feeling wiped. For the last 2 days, whatever is up with pollen or mold has come full attack on my lungs. I can't tell if it is turning into a cold, or if it just wants to cruise as allergies. But between it and the palm sized black bruise I have on my upper left leg, that I somehow got Saturday night, but don't remember slamming into something (usually I do), I am one achey person. It still is as black as can be, hardly have the edges yellowing, and sore.

I have tomorrow off work, so hopefully I can get my lungs clear of the build up, since I'm not running in and out from heat to air conditioning (which doesn't help), and I have some arnica gel I got from work I can use on the bruise.

Either way, I'll let you know, Mark, if I will be comming over on Sunday or not.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Injury saturday night... I blame the crate of HOA gear. Or Jeremy. If you were in a room containing Jeremy, odds are good there was blunt trauma inflicted inadvertantly. And he seems to be ablt to do it at range without projectiles. (mark, do not let her talk you into a general hospital larp, the mechanics are terrible and based on the "all my children" game).
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:18 am

Well, yep, its turned into a full blown chest cold, passed right by the head and logged itself straight into my lungs (not a good thing). Last time I had this kinda "cold", was back in 2004, when I first went to Origins. I had just gotten over one, and the rib cage was still sore.

So, yeah, I'm going to stay home on Sunday, if I am feeling this bad, as I don't need your kids to get it from me.

Oh, and I'm blaming Dave and Jeremy for this, as they were the ones with colds before Origins started. :P
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:16 am

While neither of us have a cold per se, it's taken both me and my Mike a full week to recover from Origins itself. Just been having trouble focusing this week. :?
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Dave was healthy and a week beyond contagion when he arrived at Origins. As for Mike and Grace, that is the typical post con depletion. You did not eat as healthy, at your normal times, you screwed with your sleep schedule and (at least in my case) were pumped with adrenaline from the excitement of all those games. So this week, your body pays you back with lethargy, drowsiness and lack of focus.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:02 pm

Yeah, because you gave it to Jeremy to pass on, like a tag team. :P
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:44 pm

Well, the nose has decided to start acting up, so I guess that's a good sign, that its working its way out of me. Not coughing as much, but ribs hurt when I do.

I just may feel good enough to come to gaming, if you want me too. But like I said, I wouldn't want to pass it to any of you or the kids, so it's up to you, if you want me around.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:24 am

Hey Mark!

Feeling good today, and not coughing too much. Think I am non-contagious now, so I'll be there for gaming. :D
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:25 am

Sounds good, Jenny and the Kiddos won't be here (birthday party to go to). But ick and Jen will be here, so we'll have plenty.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:33 am

This week it's Deadlands on Sunday. Maybe I should get around to reading the adventure one of these days ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Eyeheartawk » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:14 am

Just played Deadlands yesterday.

I may or may not have killed several nuns.
Eyeheartawk

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:15 am

Eyeheartawk wrote:I may or may not have killed several nuns.

Were they riding horses?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Eyeheartawk » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:28 am

As a matter of fact, they were. Although, I am a merciful gunslinger. I let the horses live.
Eyeheartawk

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Still fighting this stupid cough. I spent most of the day in bed, asleep, woke up around 3:30 in the afternoon. Been putzing since. Really got to get to putting up my sewing table, so away to do that!
Rebecca Iavelli

PreviousNext

Return to Mundane Matters