Gaming and More Gaming!

The place for everything else.

Re: Gaming and More Gaming!

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:37 am

Last night: "We're gonna stuff the mattress with cat poop!"
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:01 pm

I am just gonna blame Jeremy on that one.

It was probably the other guy but he doesn't talk.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:58 pm

While it scares me to say this, I am the voice of reason.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:01 am

Back to Pathfinder for the group tomorrow. While it's just pathfinder I am really grooving on having Ken at our table. Other parts of the quarantine may suck but getting to play with Ken, Jeremy, LG, Mike, and the like is just the best! I look forward every week to Wed night's game and Sunday's game. And I really don't want to think about what's going to happen when this all goes back to *laughs absurdly at this thought* normal.

Oh and as a bonus my youngest turns out to be the gamer amongst us, so he'll be sitting at my side when we play!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:21 pm

Don't know if anyone here is interested in roleplaying online as wrestlers, but a couple of e-feds I'm in could use some more handlers.

http://pvwrestling.net/

http://lprowrestling.com/
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Lady Grace » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:09 am

Last night, Jeremy learned that maybe it isn't a good idea to accept sausages from strange men.

And I creeped Mark out -- in the best sense possible. :twisted:

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:21 am

I didn't say this last night but I should have. Your personification of him was perfect too. Talking like a wizened sage but downplaying all the horrors like, "meh, you get used to it." It just caused my hackles to raise. Like I KNEW something was off but I couldn't put my finger on it. And it was just subtle enough that I kept second guessing initial impression.

And when he grabbed the little girl... Oh the cold rage...and then I realized I was helpless to do anything...If we'd have gotten far enough I had already determined I would sacrifice myself to save her.

SOOO Good.

Oh and for the rest of you. If you hear the name Georg Haarman, RUN!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:45 pm

I haven't been posting about local games in a while so I thought I'd update everyone.

Saturday once a month Shadowrun Game went totally off the rails and came up with a solution I totally didn't expect. Love it when that happens, BUT they did mess up my next two sessions planning. So I called it a bit early to give me some time to adjust plans.

Sunday game has been without our regular GM for two weeks so last week we played a 7th Sea game I wrote for my children involving being in Barcino on the night of the invasion (yes LG the same one I ran for you all). Basically, all the heroes have reason to like this one sergeant and he comes to them with a request to get a certain kid out of the city before the Montaigne get a hold of him. Usually ends up with most of the party sacrificing themselves to get the soldier (the only one with a horse) and the kid out of town.

But I mentioned we were without our regular GM for 2 weeks. So this week I had a whole hour or so to plan a sequel. They all woke up in the fort's prison and had to escape. I told them they needed to be subtle or the Montaigne might take it out on those they left behind. So they took everyone. Over a hundred prisoners all fleeing into the sewers of Barcino. Unfortunately, they left the sergeant behind...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 pm

No gaming for a whole week :(

Ken's Sunday person called out this morning so Ken has to go cover the shift (god smite her for wrecking our game and Ken's time off) and Wednesday's game is cancelled since Katie will be off to visit friends and Mike is going to a party (hmmph as though hanging out with us ISN'T a party in itself).

So I have been working on a sequel of sorts to the Barcino adventure I mentioned in the last post (well really improving what I did with Katie's group last time).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:39 pm

Lots of changes since last I updated. We are now deep (well 2 adventures) into a Hollow Earth Expedition campaign which popped into my head a couple of months back. The players are all interrelated via a tenuous relationship to their "Great Uncle" Horace Alexander Nutter (a famed scholar, millionaire, and world traveler/explorer known as "The Utter Nutter" for his willingness, dare I say Eagerness, to travel anywhere, brave any danger, in search of the "new")

Horace isn't related by blood but considers the players to be his children. When their parents died (yes all of them have died prior to the adventures beginning) Horace became a surrogate parent. As the adventures begin it is Thanksgiving day and all the children have been banned from the house (as is tradition) while the servants prepare the house for dinner.

I have been having an absolute blast writing this, not the least because I made mention that Uncle Horace loved to tell stories which inevitably required him to swing from at least one chandelier in the house (usually accompanied by his chimpanzee, Basil). Because of this, I have been writing "short" adventures that were stories Horace told them. So, for every adventure I write for the players, I have to write at least one new other adventure. If anyone is interested, I can post them here for you all to read.

I also created a file for the players to add odd rules Uncle Horace had for living in his house (note, I designed Horace after Gomez Addams, so consider that when you think of his rules).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:49 pm

I have been sound boarded for a lot of this... ya'll are in for a treat.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:17 am

Apparently I am in an Updating mood.

Pathfinder has turned from a "get there" quest to a "clear the quadrant" quest as we move across the city trying to get rid of the threats to the researchers who are starting their exploration. We're about a third of the way across the city at this point and this week we decided to try and start a war between two factions so maybe they'd kill each other off a bit for us (no idea if this will work or not, but there are way more of them than us, so the worst that happens is, nothing.)

Shadowrun continues apace. I left off writing my own stuff to do one of the pre-made adventures, and thus far it's been lots of fun. Players are far out of their element (currently they're in Lagos and the nearby area, but that won't be for too long).

HEX players discovered that Uncle Horace was hiding/protecting them from someone named Dr. Milton who probably killed their parents. Now the whole group is on their way to darkest Africa to confront the evil Doctor. Along the way, they've dealt with Mobsters, Energy Aliens, Fascists, and now a thieving (and misogynistic) criminal.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:18 pm

Bummer of a week :( Last actual gaming I did was this past Saturday when I did the once-a-month Shadowrun game. Lots of fun since most of the session was them planning their next job. AND just as they were about ready with a plan I threw in a monkey wrench that ruined everything :twisted:

Then Sunday Eric just didn't have it in him to run.

Tonight's game is cancelled owing to a birthday party (since there's only 4 players, the loss of one is significant).

Next Sunday is boardgames.

So my next game is a week from today.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:08 pm

And I'm taking tonight off for a full recharge.

I'll make it up to you all next Wednesday though. Trust Me... :twisted:

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:13 pm

A whole week?

Amateurs.
salamanca

Previous

Return to Mundane Matters