Gaming and More Gaming!

The place for everything else.

Re: Gaming and More Gaming!

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:35 pm

Well, a couple of people couldn't make it today, so instead of playing Supernatural, we played a couple of board games. Ticket To Ride - European was fun, and of course Mark won, but only because I couldn't get the last 3 trains I needed. Got wiped out by a wild card, and didn't have another red card to put into my set, otherwise I would have won.

Then we played a couple of games of Colt Express. It was fun putting it together. Then we played these characters:
Eric was Ghost
Mark was Belle
Jenny was Doc
and I played Cheyenne
(Earl napped at this time)

We decided it was easy to play the same characters the second game, since Eric and Earl had to leave. So Mark's son David played Ghost.

Mark of course won the first game, but for the second one, I once again almost had it as I had used up all my bullets and had gotten the 1000 bonus as gunslinger , then David came from behind and won by having the most money.

It was a very fun game!
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:01 am

I agree lots of laughter. As for upcoming, we have lots of interruptions this month (TotalCon weekend after next, half the folks gone next weekend due to valentine's day, etc.) so we all decided to just do board games for the month.

We'll start up with Supernatural next month.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:03 am

Side note on that Colt Express session, somebody had to call with a rules clarification. And if Cheyenne is shooting instead of mugging, she deserves to get beat.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:38 am

I totally would have grabbed Cheyenne and beat the crap outa everyone, but Laura hogged her up for the whole session. ;)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:54 pm

Went up to NH for gaming this week, and took David with me. He had a blast as our Scion characters moved from Hero to Demigod, got to build our own creation mythos (which involved Sheep who evolved like humans (and woe betide any Scotsmen now). I nearly died but my sacrifice allowed the rest of the heroes to get the job done.

Next up for NH game will be Deadlands (run by yours truely).

Next week, we actually get back to a home game, Supernatural!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Jungen » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:43 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Next up for NH game will be Deadlands (run by yours truely).

I recall you not loving the Savage Worlds system. I'm guessing you're playing the Classic ruleset?

LOVE that setting, as you can possibly tell by the amount of cash I dumped on their Noir Kickstarter.
-Jungen "Jack" von Richtoffen
Jungen

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:50 am

Yup, original rules (the ONLY way to do Deadlands).

Speaking of, my monthly FLGS group is also giving Champions a rest to go and do Deadlands. Came up with a great mashup of Deadlands and Ravenloft I think will work really well...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Jungen » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:18 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Yup, original rules (the ONLY way to do Deadlands).

Speaking of, my monthly FLGS group is also giving Champions a rest to go and do Deadlands. Came up with a great mashup of Deadlands and Ravenloft I think will work really well...

EEEEP! Everyone take Guts and Storytelling, or you ALL DIE!
Jungen

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:25 am

Storytelling only works if the GM actually ever gives you a chance to use it. :evil:

*still bitter*
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:16 am

For my FLGS Game, Storytelling will be of the utmost importance. Where they will end up, they cannot leave (well until the end of the campaign) so they're going to have to do their utmost to keep the locals from freaking out (which would QUICKLY cause the town to become a deadland).

And speaking of...

GAMING TODAY!!!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Jungen » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:09 am

Hey Mark!

I don't remember if I saw anything about this KS mentioned here, but...

I remember last GenCon we had a discussion about you wanting a generic system to run a game you had in mind, and we both ended up at the same Cypher System (I forget if it was Numenera or Strange) table discussing the merits and pitfalls of Cypher (flows well) vs. Savage Worlds (bland). I seem to recall that you liked the Cypher system pretty well.

Did you see THIS kickstarter? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/montecookgames/worlds-of-the-cypher-system/description
Jungen

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:06 am

I did (do). And yup got myself in on it (what can I say, I'm addicted to trying (or at least reading) new games).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Jungen » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:54 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:I did (do). And yup got myself in on it (what can I say, I'm addicted to trying (or at least reading) new games).

I have a similar problem. I've only ever played Cypher System games at GenCon, and otherwise, the books I have at home are just sitting there, mocking me. Judging me...
Jungen

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:07 pm

Took the kiddos to see their cousins during their second spring break (yea, 2nd, it's weird, only seems to happen here in the northeast). Day I got back, I ran up to NH to run Deadlands. Lotsa fun (especially seeing Charlie) though we didn't get all the way through it. So we're going to split it into two adventures and run it some time in the future.

For the next month I'm off GMing duties as we get back into Pathfinder (and I get to be the most irritating character in the group, THE BARD)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:06 pm

Don't forget also the most powerful character as well. stupid bards.
smafdi

Postby salamanca » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:17 pm

This is Mark's Bard. no power, just annoyance.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:07 pm

No truer words have ever been spoken! :P
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:15 pm

Rebecca Iavelli wrote:No truer words have ever been spoken! :P

I know a certain ranger who's going to have a bad time on Sunday...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Fri May 27, 2016 10:42 pm

There is something about the sheer look of horror on a player's face when the metaphorical bombs are dropped.

Doubly so when it's followed by "...you BASTARD!" from the Husband. :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 27, 2016 11:20 pm

Sunday we start back up with Supernatural! Wee!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Sat May 28, 2016 12:36 am

A week from tomorrow, or is it today yet, you get to play Deadlands.

Though I have to work till 5 because of the holiday, so I may be a little late.
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:20 am

Deadlands was lots of fun last night as the posse met the folk in town started to try and get things organized and started after the no good desperadoes that stole their weapons. But the best was them dealing with a young boy whose sister fell down a well (or was pushed heh heh heh). Turned out the young man knew who did it but, for some reason couldn't tell them. Finally they got him to write it down. So next time the posse will be trying to deal with "The Bogie Man"

Today its on to Supernatural! Our heroes are currently trapped inside the Wompanoag Cultural Center. The building is being surrounded by creatures called, puckwudgies, who are currently in the process of setting the building on fire. WILL OUR HEROES SURVIVE?!?!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:29 pm

No, but it's Supernatural so they will go directly to hell and then get sent back.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:53 pm

Just so long as Mark's campaign doesn't fridge the women like the source material... :evil:

Lady Grace

Postby spizio » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:46 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Deadlands was lots of fun last night as the posse met the folk in town started to try and get things organized and started after the no good desperadoes that stole their weapons. But the best was them dealing with a young boy whose sister fell down a well (or was pushed heh heh heh). Turned out the young man knew who did it but, for some reason couldn't tell them. Finally they got him to write it down. So next time the posse will be trying to deal with "The Bogie Man"

Today its on to Supernatural! Our heroes are currently trapped inside the Wompanoag Cultural Center. The building is being surrounded by creatures called, puckwudgies, who are currently in the process of setting the building on fire. WILL OUR HEROES SURVIVE?!?!

Will Jen learnt o fight with her burgeoning collection of axes before I find bullets for my burgeoning collection of guns?
spizio

PreviousNext

Return to Mundane Matters