Gaming and More Gaming!

The place for everything else.

Re: Gaming and More Gaming!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:10 pm

spizio wrote:It was the bees, the bees it was.

David is still talking about "Mad" Macario, Macario. He says Macario is his favorite character, favorite character.

On to our regular game, we're back on this weekend for Deadlands (which has been on hiatus for some time). Looking forward to it!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lord_Nabu » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:11 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:On to our regular game, we're back on this weekend for Deadlands (which has been on hiatus for some time). Looking forward to it!

Do you play "proper" Deadlands or the version running on the abomination known as "savage worlds" (how anyone can think a system gets better by adding levels to it is still beyond me...)
My personal 2nd ed. 7th Sea can be found here: http://theah.sanctum.dk/#home be forewarned might be too simulationist for the weak of heart.
Lord_Nabu

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:07 am

Nope, we play the proper version, Nabu. We have used the Savage World system in another game though. but not for Deadlands, and that one is on hiatius as well, for the moment.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:43 am

Rebecca Iavelli wrote:Nope, we play the proper version, Nabu. We have used the Savage World system in another game though. but not for Deadlands, and that one is on hiatius as well, for the moment.

WHAT? We have never played SW! I played it once at GC just after it came out, and thought it sucked. Maybe you were thinking of the Ubiquity System (Hollow Earth Expedition, All for One: Regime Diabolique)?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:47 am

Oh, I thought those two were the same system, just different books, my mistake. :oops:
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:41 am

I miss proper Deadlands...*sigh* I remember pulling both Jokers in character creation for my Blessed. Sadly, the game died after only 2 sessions.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Lord_Nabu » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:47 pm

How is all for one? is sounds like fun.
My personal 2nd ed. 7th Sea can be found here: http://theah.sanctum.dk/#home be forewarned might be too simulationist for the weak of heart.
Lord_Nabu

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:08 pm

Lord_Nabu wrote:How is all for one? is sounds like fun.

We haven't played it yet (so I don't know how the swordschools fit in with the overall style) but I like the basic idea. But while I understand they were going for historical accuracy (save that whole "Satan is real and ON EARTH" thing) I think its rather archaic to go the whole, "Women are second-class citizens at this time so they cannot join the musketeers" route.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:24 pm

I just have to rave about this afternoons game. It was Laura's best effort to date. It had absolutely everything to draw every single player in. Before I go on I should start with the PCs.

Loyosha Koslov (played by yours truly) - Ussuran Bogatyr Axman who is the tank personified (and also the baby of the family) Big, mostly dumb, likes to fight and drink (and is secretly worried his mommy will find out all the trouble he's been getting in and order him home).

Gaspar Torres de Gallegos (played by Eric) - Explorer and tinkerer who is, in most ways, the opposite of Loyosha, smart, thoughtful, curious and useless in a fight (which usually means he becomes the party's default damsel in distress).

Hamish Quick (played by Megan) - Highland Sea Dog - Likes to fight and drink (hey, that's my character).

Balthazar ( I'm unsure of the rest of his name, played by Earl) - Professional Duellist who was hired to gurard one one of our, now retired, PCs. He seems to like (quite a bit really) to instigate any trouble Loyosha might consider getting into.

So for the past several sessions we (Hamish, Balthazar and myself0 been stuck on an island (after a shipwreck) we know not where looking for our missing comrade (Gaspar). We wandered the island discovering an 'immense syrneth chess set' and met up with one of the local tribes. Turns out they know the other tribe (which was responsible for the capture of our resident damsel). We head out to rescue him, and find him engaged in a contest of manhood (which Loyosha initially mistook for Gaspar leading a warband against us) whereupon Loyosha raced down and rescued him by tossing him over his shoulder and running off, angry natives in tow. Meanwhile Hamish discovered a hidden syrneth gizmo and Balthazar confused the natives by falling asleep ;)

We brought Gaspar back to the chess set and he got to explore it (or make some preliminary explorations) before the natives (and their pirate friends) caught up with us and started a fight (which is where we left off).

The plan for next time is to defeat the pirates, take their ship, sail back to ES headquarters and get a expedition going!

So much fun!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:48 pm

This week it's Golden-Age Superheroes. Last time the heroes got involved with the coolest team-up ever, their opponents were so big, so overwhelming, they had to call upon all their fellow superhero contacts (and even some enemies) to stop the evil of The Filth This week, they're going to see if they can track the creature back to its lair and put a stop to it once and for all!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:41 pm

On a lark I went ahead and calculated the xp costs for all the stuff I want Loyosha to have by the time he's finished. Geeze, Laura's got her work cut out for her. I need 933 xp. You better get to writing Laura.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:02 pm

(In Loyosha's Mothers voice)

What is a Mother to do? Little Loyosha breaks my heart by deciding to travel the world, instead of staying home and helping his mother in her dotage. Does he not see that while the journey makes the man, the man will still and always be my Little Loyosha?! What more can he want, that he can't find here at home? My friend Polina's daughter, Anya, awaits for his return so that they can marry and make a home right here in the village. She keeps me company, awaiting the day of his return. Ah, Loyosha, what plans she has for you!
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:37 pm

933 xp... You better stop using your drama dice and seriously pick a focus for those points. You are not playing a "from day one" CV campaign here.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:49 pm

salamanca wrote:933 xp... You better stop using your drama dice and seriously pick a focus for those points. You are not playing a "from day one" CV campaign here.

Well my list was really wishful thinking. If we're going realistically (meaning no Shield Man school on top of Bogatyr and way fewer new skills and skills at 5) I could come in under 300xp

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Thanks to an error on my part (and a lack of quick thinking) I ended up with a bad guy that was suspecible to a minor power which held him motionless while the heroes wiped the floor with him.

Fortunately, I had some of the next adventure ready to go so they moved on to gathering background info before trying to solve the murder of some orphaned children...

Next week, double gaming with Modern Era Superheroes at my FLGS on Saturday and then Board Games for whoever shows up Easter Sunday.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:05 am

Hey Mark, I'll probably be over a bit early, as I didn't have to go to work today, since I had everything prepped and ready yesterday. See ya in a bit.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:39 pm

Well, it was just me and Mark today, as most of the other gamers were celebrating Easter with their family, or were home sick.

We played Carcassonne, The Castle. Mark beat me big time the two times we played. I enjoy the game, but have a problem with playing it, as I just like to see how things end up, since it is never the same twice, while Mark of course, plays to win, lol, so he just left me in his dust.

Then we sat and worked on ideas for personal agenda stories, mostly working on one that he will be running at OGC this year.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Deadlands this week. When last we left our heroes, they had just gotten rid of some of the crazy cult minions who attempted to stop them from finding the 'sacred ritual' spot. This week? The final confrontation. I wonder if they'll survive...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Going for a party of harrowed?
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:37 am

spizio wrote:Going for a party of harrowed?

Of Course!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:54 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:
spizio wrote:Going for a party of harrowed?

Of Course!

western, post apocalyptic, zombie, horror, steam punk
spizio

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:03 am

Would normally be Laura's 7th Sea this week :D but the kiddos go on spring break next week so we're gonna take them to Niagara Falls. So no gaming this weekend. But next up will be Golden Age Champions!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:47 am

Champions tomorrow! We pick up as the heroes (who still haven't picked a group name*) begin their investigations of the murder of 12 orphaned children in earnest. Burned to death in a fire at the orphanage nearly 10 years ago, the heroes have scant clues to go on...that is save the eyewitness testimony of the ghosts of the 12 children. But really how reliable are ghost witnesses?

*I know it's a rip-off but I'm really pulling for Justice, Inc.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:06 am

Big gaming weekend coming up. Saturday is my once-a-month Modern Era Champions at my FLGS. Then Sunday the regular group has boardgaming this week. Looking forward to it!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:36 am

I broke down and bought AEG's little card game in the tempest series (it was a social purchase from the new game store to say "welcome".). It's called "love letters". You try to be the player with the closest contact to the princess so she gets your letter in an attempt to woo her. It's a 16 card game. Mechanics are totally driven by effects on the cards and several force you to play events detrimental to you. And when you hold only one card each turn, draw and pick between two is not always giving you much choice. I kind of like the concept of games in the series growing a story of a renn era city state with returning characters. Shame AEG never did this with an ongoing RPG... Oh wait, they cancelled that game.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

PreviousNext

Return to Mundane Matters