The Avengers Movie

The place for everything else.

The Avengers Movie

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon May 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Ok, without giving away any of what exactly happens in the movie, all I am going to say, is what I said earlier to Mark on the phone when I walked out of the theater.

If I know any of you guys half as well as I think I do, my advice to you is to bring yourself a clean pair of underware to change into after the movie, because the Geek-joy-gasums are like unbelieveable!

I'm thinking of going to see it again already today for a second time.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Re: The Avengers Movie

Postby salamanca » Mon May 07, 2012 9:16 pm

It was a good movie. For a change I have nothing that is stabbing me in the eye screaming, "that should have been done differently". (ok, the director of photography should have increased the lighting on the asteroid in the start of the film but that is all I got). Then again, my viewing is skewed since I see the scenes set in Stuttgard and recognize downtown Cleveland and a couple faces in the crowd. (same with the big battle at the end). Hope you stayed for BOTH bonus scenes in the credits.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon May 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Drat! There were 2 of them? I knew there would be one, because all of the others, but no I left after it played, thinking that was the end. I'll have to see it again now, just for that. Decided to not go back today, even though I really wanted too, because I figured with the long week I got ahead with Mother's Day comming up, so I'll wait a few days and go out again on a night that I feel I'm dragging, and get re-invigorated from the energy of the movie.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Tue May 08, 2012 1:19 pm

I wanted to audition to be an extra for this so bad, but due to a family health issue last year, I got screwed out of attempting to try out. :cry:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Ok so I went to see it. And, at the risk of going against the grain, I'll agree with the reviewer who said that because of the spot on characterizations, he had to be careful not to overpraise the movie which while very entertaining was not the end all be all of superhero movies.

I'm still gonna have to rank both Nolan Batman movies above this in terms of the compelling story (though I will give that Avengers is the most fun superhero movie). I think I'd also still put Iron Man's story above it too. And though it's old I'd also put The Rocketeer up there too.

But all in all, it was lots of fun for just exactly what it was supposed to be, superheroes teaming up to beat the crap outa the bad guys.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Sun May 13, 2012 2:24 pm

Am I the only one wondering what pressing matter the US military had that kept Warmachine from joining the defense of Manhattan from an alien invasion?
spizio

Postby spizio » Sun May 13, 2012 2:27 pm

spizio

Postby salamanca » Sun May 13, 2012 4:00 pm

Budget cuts. And congressional stalling. Plus I am pretty sure he was on leave and Tony forgot to call him. And they switched out the weaponry for that stuff built by Sam Rockwell which they can't get more ammo from since they arrested his character.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Mundane Matters