Just being grumpy - too much work!

The place for everything else.

Just being grumpy - too much work!

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri May 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Most of the time I love my job. It's weeks like this I get so that I hate it though. I hope all the Mother's out there really appreciate what Florest do to make Mother's Day happen. I can't say how many times this last couple of weeks I've had to stay longer at work helping with the schedule, and making sure we had enough supplies.
Yesterday I spent 12 hours at work, in in those hours, all I did was 3 jobs. Make tons of bunches of Lilac, prep roses, and make some boquets to sell. Normally 3 simple jobs for me, but when you have TONS of them to do all at once, and very little room to prep, because of other things happening in the store, that are taking up the space we usually use for our prep area, it makes for a very long day. I really can't wait for it to be over. Also, and the main important thing I need to mention, is that I have to work on Sunday, Mother's Day, instead of going to Mark's and running my 7th Sea game. I know he is so bummed about that.

But on the plus side, with all this overtime, I'll at least have some decent money to spend for once, at the con.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Re: Just being grumpy - too much work!

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat May 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Repeat of grumbling, adding in a snarl too. Today was horrid. Tomorrow is going to be Hell. (Need a icon that shows person falling flat, from exaustion).
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby spizio » Sun May 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Adding my grumpiness. Friday night a little after 10 I got an email from Teleflora. Apparently the shop they work with in the Aiken, SC area ran out of flowers and they are cancelling my order. Really how do you not plan to have enough flowers for Mother's day? They offered me 30% off my next order, well since I typically only order flowers once a year and they have demonstrated an ability not to deliver then what good does that do me?

Hope your day goes better.
spizio

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun May 13, 2012 3:12 pm

spizio wrote: Friday night a little after 10 I got an email from Teleflora. Apparently the shop they work with in the Aiken, SC area ran out of flowers and they are cancelling my order.

Well, you could have added to Rebecca's grumpiness by placing an order through her shop for two day delivery! :twisted:
Sister Sonya

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun May 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Sorry Sister Sonya, but I work at a Grocery Store Floral department, we do not do deliveries, so he would still be without flowers.

I will say that this year, because of the strange weather pattern, there were a lot of flowers cut from our orders, especially lilac and Peonies. But the Boss was smart and found another vendor to get some from, so we were all set. We were running out of roses though. Did over 14000 dollars yesterday, and when I left today, we were over 9000, so I expect we should do about the same today.
I am glad Mother's day is over, it is our biggest flower holiday, and we've had soo much work, I'm actually exausted, and the thing is, I don't even have to bother with the customers, I do the prep work and make the bouquets, so I mostly stay downstairs to work, but there are just so much too do.

I am soo looking forward to Origins this year, just to have the time to relax, lol.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Sun May 13, 2012 9:31 pm

Crimsonjoe (Mike) was fretting about his flowers not showing up in time for his mother today. Fortunately, delivery pulled through.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Return to Mundane Matters