Swear to GOD if this is the "three shells" thing again...

The place for everything else.

Swear to GOD if this is the "three shells" thing again...

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 18, 2012 2:03 pm

Ok so I've been reading the "In Character" forum discussion going on right now. This whole thing has turned into an attempt by all the PCs involved to get a winged mouse from the belfry of the Trinity Church. And the whole time I've been asking myself, "What the heck do they want a winged mouse for anyway?" I wait and wait and wait for some explanation but none of the players is forthcoming (not even Orianna who wanted the darned thing in the first place).

So it just occurred to me that maybe the winged mouse is this discussion's "Three Seashells"

For the young-uns its from the movie Demolition Man. Look it up, it's awful in the way only 80's macho action flicks can be (and it was made in the 90's go figure!).

And if you're curious, I-Mockery.com found out the answer to this elusive riddle.
http://www.i-mockery.com/shorts/three-seashells/
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Swear to GOD if this is the "three shells" thing again..

Postby Alejandro » Fri May 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Wow, thank you for reminding me of that scene.

That said, I know why she wants a winged mouse from the church....
Alejandro

Postby Orianna » Fri May 18, 2012 4:19 pm

Orianna did say why she wants the winged mouse! She wants someone to keep her company; she tried feeding the mice but the housekeeper objected. However, the housekeeper said she wouldn't mind having a winged mouse around because they eat insects, so Orianna resolved that she would find a winged mouse to keep as a pet/insect control.

The bigger question would be "why is she looking for a pet instead of human friends?" But you know the answer to that (I'm keeping it secret from most players for now, though!).
Orianna

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri May 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Nyah nyah nyahhhh!

BJR is just jealous because we're having all of the fun and he's shut out!

*SOUR GRAPES*
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri May 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Orianna wrote:Orianna did say why she wants the winged mouse! She wants someone to keep her company; she tried feeding the mice but the housekeeper objected. However, the housekeeper said she wouldn't mind having a winged mouse around because they eat insects, so Orianna resolved that she would find a winged mouse to keep as a pet/insect control.

The bigger question would be "why is she looking for a pet instead of human friends?" But you know the answer to that (I'm keeping it secret from most players for now, though!).

Well you kind of talked around it being a pet but never actually said it. And I'm a psychologist in real life. So you mention mice and I think experimental subjects...

Thus I've been trying to think of a reason to use a winged mouse as a test subject instead of a mouse.
Sister Sonya wrote:BJR is just jealous because we're having all of the fun and he's shut out!

That's so cute! You think I'm jealous instead of simply collecting information to use against you later.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Fri May 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Like they think the Vaticine church would let bats roost in the cathedral... it's soooo amusing.

sort of like the climb checks I have been tracking for later....
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri May 18, 2012 6:59 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:You think I'm jealous instead of simply collecting information to use against you later.

Bah Humbug! Theus is on my side.
Sister Sonya

Postby Orianna » Fri May 18, 2012 7:11 pm

And I quote:

"I would like to have someone to talk to at the house, and I want to be helpful with the insects, so I decided to seek out a winged mouse."

Later,

"I am serious about the winged mouse, Sister. I live alone most of the time, so it would be nice to have some company."

But then, I've seen enough psychologists to know that you sometimes interpret things differently! (Yes, twenty years of therapy...)
Orianna

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri May 18, 2012 7:15 pm

BJR: I will pray for you.
Sister Sonya

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri May 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Orianna, personally, if I were you, I would actually look more into getting a spider, than a winged mouse, I think they are a little more popular for pets in Vodacce. (Just saying, as one of my old characters was a Fatewitch from Vodacce with her own special bred spider). Though I do think a winged mouse is more unique for a pet. Good luck in catching it! :D
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Fri May 18, 2012 8:14 pm

naw, bats are just fine. spiders are a sign of evil no good sorcery and that would be bad.

I can't believe mark didn't know how to use the bats.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Orianna » Fri May 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Rebecca, Orianna is trying to distance herself from anything Vodacce-related for very particular reasons (that's why she doesn't actually mention being from there... or any last name... or who her mysterious employer is... and so forth; the only sign is the accent and the style of dress). She did grow up with a pet spider, though, who she misses very much.
Orianna

Postby Lady Grace » Sat May 19, 2012 3:50 pm

I've been reading WAY too much true crime when it comes to bats & belfries... :shock:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Return to Mundane Matters