Somedays I wonder why I even try

The place for everything else.

Somedays I wonder why I even try

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Work was crazy today, but a little weird too.
I had 2 different people come to me today asking what spray roses are. I've worked for 13 years at this one store, in the flower department, and this is the first time that I can recall anyone asking me that question, and then having it asked twice in the same day, was way too weird.
The thing is, we have a ton of spray roses right now, since they are on special, 20 stems for $9.99, and people can see exactly what they are, so why were they asking?
Usually we get the questions about our more unique flowers, like the tropicals, or odds and ends from around the world, never about roses.

Then it was really busy too, and I was by myself most of the time, trying to do the work 3 people usually do, helping customers, prepping flowers and keeping the buckets full for the customers. We figured that all the schools around here have already done their graduations, so we had schedualed light, just me and the boss, who was doing computer/paper work, while I covered the floor. Well, turns out that some school in Boston was having a graduation, and it must have been close enough that a lot of the people were comming to our store to get flowers for it.

So I left tonight, with still a ton of things I have to get done, hopefully tomorrow, I got lots of plants comming in tomorrow, and I have to have a fruit basket ready first thing in the morning too, because I didn't have time to put it together today, because it was so busy. Which means, I have to go in earlier, to make it. Ugh.

On top of it all, I'm still coughing my lungs up, from the cold I caught when I got home, and my ribs are killing me.

Sorry for the rant, but just needed to let off some steam.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Re: Somedays I wonder why I even try

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Odds are they are asking because there is either a sign up somewhere out of your sight or an ad about the special rate. As for the cough, take a non-drowsy cold pill listed for chest congestion and load up on warm fluids like hot tea (warm to lossen and liquid to make the gunk in your lungs easier to cough up).
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:20 pm

YOU NEVER EXPLAINED WHAT SPRAY ROSES ARE!!!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:35 pm

I did for the customers, lol.

So just for you Mark, spray roses are a small rose that has several rose buds on the stem, usually 3 or 4 and even sometimes 5, instead of 1 single rose head per stem. So 20 stems of spray roses, are a lot of roses.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby spizio » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:05 am

Do they ever go to 11? Well because it is 1 better than 10.

I think you should post a picture of spray roses for Mark.
spizio

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:40 am

Nah, he can google as well as I can if he really wants to see what ones looks like, or go and buy some.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:30 pm

spray roses are like the 3 shells. I am shocked you don't know about them.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Today was another extreemly busy day. I got in early, watered outside plants, made the fruit basket, and then went downstairs and found out we had a lot of boxes of plants sent to us. 18 boxes of Orchids, 2 boxes of citronella plants, 4 boxes of basil, 1 box of gerber daisies.

Meanwhile I still had 12 boxes of cut flowers I hadn't had time to prep the day before, ugh! But the orchids needed to be put out, since we were very barren in the plant area, so I tackled them first, with lots of interuptions to wrap gifts for teachers, along with having to stand aside while waiting for customers to handle ever single orchid as I brought it out, because hey, it might be better than the last one. Had one customer alone, that hovered over me no matter where I was, working in plants, or at the desk, or putting what few prepped cut flowers out that I could.

I was alone again, until 12:30pm, when Andira finally came in, and I had her go back out and water the plants again, since it was hot out, before I could even stop to have lunch.

This is so weird. Usually by now things have quieted down, but I swear it seems just as busy. Maybe it's just because I seem to be working by myself alot, in a department that should easily have at least 3 people schedualed daily.

Cough is a bit better at least.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:50 pm

I think this is turning into a daily work blog.

They have decided to make mandatory a rule that has been around for a while, but really never enforced. So now I have to get non-slip shoes to work in. I know the whole reason is liability, but they are really setting themselves up for a lot of problems with me.
The problem is, it takes me at least 3 tries at large wholesale shoe stores to be able to find one pair of shoes that will fit me, and are at least decent looking, and they are expecting me to find a pair of shoes to fit me out of the back of a shoe van. I'll be returning every pair of shoes I have to order, more than likely.

I like white sneekers, just plain white, nothing fancy, but I need tripple wide, high arched, without heals type.
All that I have seen so far that other people have gotten at work, are cloggs, black cloggs, or black sneekers, that of course look horrible, and plastic.
This is going to cause me a lot of aggravations.

For now they have given me a pair of rubber slip ons, that go over my regular shoes. I've had issues with these before, as I find they cause me to stumble and trip more often than I do in my regular shoes. It also takes half an hour to get the darn things to stretch well enough to get them on the shoes.
I am a grumpy person right now.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Because it was Father's Day, and because I was being a smart alec, I brought Mark a bunch of Spray Roses. So he now knows what Spray Roses are. :P

Jenny loved them!
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby spizio » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:11 am

Rebecca Iavelli wrote:Because it was Father's Day, and because I was being a smart alec, I brought Mark a bunch of Spray Roses. So he now knows what Spray Roses are. :P

Jenny loved them!

I hope someone else was there to put the order up for you.
spizio

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:26 am

Nope, did it all by myself. It's my job, I'm extreemly fussy when it comes to picking out flowers, since it is my job, so I picked out the bunch, I wrapped them, and delivered them.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:42 am

Hmm, now I'm getting flowers from other women....
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:49 pm

At least it's not from other men. Then your wife will really start asking about the conventions.
salamanca

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:23 am

I heard that there was a Mr. Leather convention in the Columbus Expo Center at the same time as Origins.
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:23 pm

"I picked the wrong day to wear a purple shirt and leather pants."
-Big Daddy Thwak
Origins 2002
salamanca

Postby cpugs » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Classic line on a classic day.....
cpugs

Return to Mundane Matters