ok, I quit

The place for everything else.

ok, I quit

Postby salamanca » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Stop panicking. I did not mean here. I am fine here.

the owner of the local renn faire put up a huge sign half way through the festival announcing the return of his "halloween knights" event. It was a nice little "minimal frills" haunted house and hayride around the grounds using cast members and regular attendees to fill the place up with scares. It took next to no prep to set up as each team did their own spot on the route as far as lighting and decor, it let everybody see the place around and after dusk in the fall when the trees were full of color and everybody hung out and had a good time.

Well, it took until the last day of the run to get him to give us the location because he was not hosting it on his own grounds this time. It was to be at the county fairgrounds (which triples my drive time but is near more population and less competition for haunted houses) and that was just fine.

Then I ran into a family two weeks ago who were very involved in the event the last time it was held and they had received zero notification about the event or if it was even taking place. Then last thursday out of the blue, the facebook group gets a note from the owner's main lackey announcing dates for the event (and asking for volunteers to shout "boo"). that to me is damn short notice as they want it to run the last 3 weekends in october.

Today, that's right today, they announce a location change and it is now taking place at "Lakeshore". As we are situated on the coast of Lake Erie, there are at least 15 locations that word could mean. A couple of the more loyal regulars called around and discovered they meant a park east of Ashtabula which now double the distance again. (and they are doing it without any advertising for the event in a spot that has never had an event in a community with a huge crime problem and near 30% unemployment)

I'm done trying to help make this foolishness work. I have paying work to do.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Re: ok, I quit

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Ok, I admit EVEN AFTER reading your posts in the super-secret forums (which showed no signs of discontent with GoSM) I STILL worried you meant you were quitting us...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Mundane Matters