WTF Happened to Rev's?!

The place for everything else.

WTF Happened to Rev's?!

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Aimoo's telling me it doesn't exist anymore! :o
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Re: WTF Happened to Rev's?!

Postby salamanca » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Traditionally, that sort of response has been the result of aimoo crash or server error on their end. You will also note it says the site "dose" not exist. Spelling errors are so common I fear their programming.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:23 pm

Not sure which forum you're going to first so I'll post this here too, LG. Rev's is back.

Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:44 pm

Both Thread necromancy and Rev's Necromancy. Seems they're down and don't exist once again...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:53 am

See, aimoo thinks that is a benefit for an admin. You only need to spend half as much time monitoring a board that is frequently down. I know Mark has gotten emails from aimoo staff, if they cannot spell, I wonder about their coding skills.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:20 am

And I haven't even told you I am the Schrodinger's cat of moderators as far as aimoo is concerned...

Oh and btw it does appear to be back up... for now...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Mon May 06, 2013 2:21 pm

Looks like Rev's/Aimoo in general is down again...
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 06, 2013 2:48 pm

Well which addy did you use?

If you use the old one
http://revenants7thsea.aimoo.com/

you get a weird entry page for a site called IIS7 (which has nothing to do with Revs). HOWEVER, if you use their new addy
http://forum1.aimoo.com/Revenants7thSea

You're good to go.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Mon May 06, 2013 4:35 pm

I did not know there was a new addy... :oops:

Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Mon May 06, 2013 5:42 pm

That new addy came into use about 3 or 4 years ago if I recall. New is a relative term. But mostly, you have to remember that aimoo is operated by people that type like cats. Errors are bound to happen there.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon May 06, 2013 6:09 pm

I should have been more clear. I meant "New" as in, not the original (as I remember it). But I should also warn you that just because the new one works currently does NOT mean that it will work in the future. Just move back and forth between the two (at random works just as well). And eventually you should get there.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon May 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Come to think of it, that changed while I was still admin... Way long ago. Still hate aimoo. Phone hates it more. Can't even browse it on this.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 07, 2013 11:27 pm

Just checked it now, and as I said, it's changed. Both addresses worked to get me to Rev's.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Anyone having trouble locating Rev's tonight? I tried both addys and neither one worked. :(

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:54 pm

hmm, seems to have resolved itself via my computer. Only my iPad that's having problems...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Aimoo's been [MEEP]ed up for the past few days. Rev's may be back now, but maybe we may wanna transfer any of the good stuff from there either here &/or to Zombie Temple R+C just in case... :evil:

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Well if anyone's volunteering, I would certainly give you access to the Temple to make the changes (or just approve your login name so you could post it on the forum*)

*which reminds me I REALLY need to get the two of them linked together...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:43 am

Annnd Rev's is giving me a "It's been four months since anyone posted..." message right now.

Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:09 pm

Wow, that's weird. And I can't seem to get anywhere other than to that message (in other words, I couldn't post to fix that).

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:38 pm

Alright, just messaged Floyd about it. I'm certain he'll have to be the one to fix it. I tried everything I know.

EDIT: Got word back from him. Looks like it's his doing. We may be looking at the end of Revs :(

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:02 pm

Spoke too soon. He says he's just testing something right now. No word though on when Revs will be back up.

In the meantime, you're always welcome here! or if you just want to talk generic 7th Sea stuff, don't forget about the Temple Forum

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Rev's appears to be back! :o :mrgreen:

Lady Grace

Return to Mundane Matters