Hurrican Sandy

The place for everything else.

Hurrican Sandy

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:40 am

Got a message from work today. My boss called and told me not to come in, since its slow. I'm glad, personally, because I had the late shift today, which would probably be right in the major part of the storm, driving there, or comming home. So now I can stay safe and warm at home.
Hope everyone else stays safe!
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Re: Hurrican Sandy

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Lost power for about an hour and a half. Stunned. I was expecting something akin to the last time when it was out for days. But color me happy. It's looking like its gonna swing all the way around us (NJ to PA to Upstate NY to VT to NH to ME). Winds are going to be up for several days but not quite to hurricane force.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:42 pm

We've have the power flicker on & off all the way out here in Cleveland due to the high winds and rain.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:29 pm

You east coasters just keep your water wings on for the time being. Better safe than submerged.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:15 am

Raining on and off but power stayed on. Got up this morning and looked at the radar, and it seems now you Ohioans are getting the brunt of it (and snow too, yeehaw!) Hope you're all ok.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 am

Lake Michigan waves are 20-25 ft. high, winds were 30-35 mph last night. They're talking about closing Lake Shore Drive and the Oak St. beach is mostly under water.
Sister Sonya

Postby salamanca » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:42 am

Well, the mall is open and schools are closed all over. I can hear police sirens from inside the building responding to the mess. You can tell thereareproblems when McDonalds is closed. But outside of the new pond in my yard, i am just dandy.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby cpugs » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Lost power for 18 hours, which may be an all time record (for least amount of time). Fired up the generator so we stayed toasty. Lost two more trees but nothing fell on the house, so that's a plus. Halloween moved to Saturday.... That is all.....
cpugs

Postby spizio » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Sandy claims HMS Bounty. 14 made it into the lifeboats and were rescued by the USCG. 2 were swept overboard, 1 was later rescued afters hours in the ocean but passed away in the hospital. The captain is still missing.
spizio

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:35 pm

I've had no power problems, just phone problems, as it washed out again with the rain. So here at work checking up right now, but expect the phone to be dead for another couple of days. Sigh.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:32 pm

The ground's been so saturated here, trees are getting uprooted by the wind a couple blocks down.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:46 am

Finally got the phone up and running, not at full speed, but at least I can read what's happened lately. Repair guy supposed to come on Monday to check.
Rebecca Iavelli

Return to Mundane Matters