Pirate hat cookies

The place for everything else.

Pirate hat cookies

Postby spizio » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:18 pm

A good GM would have these at their table.

Tricorn cookies

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 2/3 cup flour
2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
24 miniature peanut butter cups

Cream the butter and brown sugar together. Mix in the egg. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and cocoa powder together. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine. Scrape the cookie dough onto a piece of plastic wrap. Fold over the plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 375°F. Take the dough, place it between two pieces of plastic wrap, and roll it out to 1/8-inch thick. Cut out 2 5/8-inch and 2 1/4-inch circles. Gather the scraps, roll them out to 1/8-inch, and continue cutting out circles until there are 24 2 5/8-inch circles and 24 2 1/4-inch circles. Take a 2 5/8-inch circle and place an unwrapped peanut butter cup on it (with the larger side down). Place a 2 1/4-inch circle of dough on top of the candy. Seal the smaller piece of dough to the larger one. Fold in three sides of the larger circle and pinch the three corners.

Place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with the other dough circles. Chill the baking sheet in the fridge for 10 minutes. Once chilled, take the sheet out and use a knife to make a light "X" in the center of each side of the hat cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on baking tray. They taste best when slightly warm and the chocolate is still a bit melted. Once cooled, they can be warmed up again for a couple of seconds in the microwave before serving, if desired.
spizio

Re: Pirate hat cookies

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:13 pm

They kind of remind me of the sweets they serve during Purim. :)

(not Jewish, just likes desserts)

http://www.ingredientsinc.net/2011/03/h ... tradition/
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Return to Mundane Matters