Attention GenCon'ers

The place for everything else.

Attention GenCon'ers

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 14, 2011 10:21 am

I am running two one-shot adventures at GenCon on Wed before the con officially starts. These are sequels to one another but you don't have to have played one to enjoy the other. The first will be at the KFG (Kentucky Fried Gamers) Wed before GenCon event, at The Ram 1-5 pm. Sign-ups for it are at the GenCon forums and will open July 4th weekend.
The other I'm running with the DGS (Dead Games Society) for their Old School Wed event. It'll be from 5-9. You can sign up for this online using GenCon's Registration system (it's not out yet but has been accepted into the system so now they're just looking for a place to hold it).

The first is called Beauty-ful Dreamers, the second Beauty-ful Treasures

Hope to see some of you there.
Mark
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Attention GenCon'ers

Postby Harliquinn » Sat May 14, 2011 11:26 am

Are these the same ones as Origins?
Harliquinn

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 14, 2011 11:58 am

Nope, at Origins I'm running the Heroes of Altamira (Episodes 1&2) they weren't put on the events list because I trusted someone else to submit the events for me (or I should say I submitted the events to them and they were supposed to pass them along and didn't). The "Beauty-ful" adventures involve pre-mades who are the crew of the Beauty, here are the blurbs for them...

Beauty-ful Dreamers
The Beauty is the slowest, ugliest, most rat infested ship in the Sea Dogs navy. Worse, thanks to a cowardly captain, when the call goes out for men (and women) of valor to fight in the name of Avalon, The Beauty can be counted on to be elsewhere. So join up to fight off boredom, apathy, and bureaucratic red tape (and maybe commit some accidental heroism along the way)!!!

Beauty-ful Treasures
The Beauty may have sunk beneath the waves but the Heroes are none the worse, having been recognized for their actions and invited aboard the Sea Dogs’ Flagship, the Black Dawn. More importantly, the injured onboard the Black Dawn left some very important positions open. Positions the Heroes are ideally suited for. Now if only there was a bit of treasure to be had. Wait, weren’t you chasing Castillian gold?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat May 14, 2011 12:28 pm

You mean memorial day. Posting events in september would not work well.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Oh SURE just point out the obvious why don'tcha ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sat May 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Just makin' sure. Maybe you meant 2012 and were planning early for Mike's schedule.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Sat May 14, 2011 8:37 pm

NO NO NO!!! NOT FAIR MARK!! NOT FAIR!!! ONE MORE YEAR!!! ONE MORE STINKIN' YEAR!!!!

MARK!! Is there any place else that you could run that game? I won't be allowed in the bar............ :cry:
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby salamanca » Sat May 14, 2011 9:15 pm

What is this world coming to when a pretty young lady cannot charm her way past a bouncer.
salamanca

Postby Klcp » Sat May 14, 2011 10:24 pm

Oh, it's not that I couldn't... ;)
"You can't trust the weather and you can't trust the sea. Who can you trust, my friend if you can't trust me?"
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 14, 2011 11:06 pm

Is it at this point in your freakout that I should mention that The Ram is a Bar/Restaurant in which KFG holds their games in the backroom which is in the Restaurant portion so that underaged gamers can feel as welcome as us old fogies?

Or should I leave you hanging for a while?

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Sat May 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Are you sure? Cuz last year Heather and I wanted to go in and have dinner there one night and we couldn't get in.
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Hmm, that's sure odd. You SHOULD be able to go into the Restaurant. They only need to card you if you buy booze. But hey maybe Indiana has some weird laws about minors in Restaurants that serve. You could always call em.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Sat May 14, 2011 11:14 pm

We didn't actually go in but there was a sign on the door that said no minors. :(
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 14, 2011 11:22 pm

Hmm, well a quick google search revealed the law in Indiana says that as long as there is a separator (which the Ram as 2) between the bar and the restaurant area, you're good. Here's the link. http://jlc.org.c25.sitepreviewer.com/index.php/agerequirements/alcohol

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Sat May 14, 2011 11:41 pm

Hmmm...okay. We'll have to see then. :D
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat May 14, 2011 11:44 pm

Wait, didn't you play part 1 last year? Just sign up for part two via GenConReg and you're golden. That's going to be an official game not held in a bar/restaurant.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Sun May 15, 2011 12:41 am

Omg you're right! And it was completely awesome and I loved it!! -facepalm-

Okay...uum...yeah so same problem as Origins then...I don't get the badge until I get to the convention. So... :D -grins and looks pleadingly-
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 15, 2011 12:49 am

I have two extra characters for just such an emergency. Just show up when you can :D

Mark (Who has not forgotten about your "bald" quip)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Klcp » Sun May 15, 2011 1:06 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:I have two extra characters for just such an emergency. Just show up when you can :D

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Can I play that snake thing again? That was so much fun!

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Mark (Who has not forgotten about your "bald" quip)

:mrgreen:
Klcp

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 15, 2011 7:17 am

Billy will be back, and yes you can play him.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Harliquinn » Sun May 15, 2011 8:45 am

Black Jack Rackham wrote:I have two extra characters for just such an emergency. Just show up when you can :D

Mark (Who has not forgotten about your "bald" quip)

Oh! Are any of them a mute / mime character? I'm pretty good at playing those. 4 hours without saying a word was kinda fun!

I'll have to see what I have going on Wed, but I might be able to play 1 or the other of those (They aren't related to the campaign it sounds like)
Harliquinn

Postby Lady Grace » Sun May 15, 2011 10:17 am

Oh! Are any of them a mute / mime character? I'm pretty good at playing those. 4 hours without saying a word was kinda fun!

ORLEAN!

*shakes fist angrily*
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 15, 2011 10:47 am

Actually Harliquinn, Billy, the character Kara just wanted (for the evening event) is mute. And by all accounts he's awfully fun to play.

Mark

Oh and as for being "not related to the campaign" Nope not at all, just a good fun swashbuckly time.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun May 15, 2011 1:13 pm

One mute, no big deal. Entire party of mutes, that's GM gold. Saw it done once, the players were exhausted by the end.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun May 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Hey I saw an entire party of Fate Witches who... oh nevermind.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Next

Return to Mundane Matters