What games are you playing right now?

The place for everything else.

What games are you playing right now?

Postby Eyeheartawk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:42 pm

I know we have a general gaming thread, but I figured we could have a thread where you can post what games that you're currently playing in or running at home, or event thinking about running.

I guess I'll start

Playing-Castles & Crusades, Deadlands (old non SW version) and WFRP 1E.

Running-Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG.

Thinking about-D6 Star Wars.
This is what happens when you mess with a stranger in the Alps.
Eyeheartawk

Re: What games are you playing right now?

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:36 pm

Playing: 7th Sea (that Laura is running here at home)

Running: Champions Golden Age (For the home group) and Modern Era (for the FLGS), and Deadlands (also the pre SW version as I dislike SW)

Up on deck: a Waterdeep campaign using Castles & Crusades, A Steampunk Campaign using Brass & Steel, and an Arthurian Campaign using Pendragon (not to mention the usual thoughts about Dread, Rotted Capes, Witch Hunter, Stormbringer, Brave New World, Arcanis, All for One: Regime Diabolique, and a host of other games)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Eyeheartawk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Not the biggest Savage Worlds fan either. Isn't Regime Diabolique Savage Worlds though?
Eyeheartawk

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:23 pm

They made some rules for it, I think, but mainly its rules are HEX (Hollow Earth Expedition/Ubiquity)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Jason, you just spent last week participating in the only games I am involved in. The groups in my home area either are so terrible I am unwilling to join them (seriously, the one group doesn't even name their stat sheets), are too busy to show up to play, limit their groups to RL friends, or don't want me because it intimidates several of their players when I actually try to make them roleplay. Extreme northeast ohio is sort of a wasted space in gaming. so congrats, you are now in my "home game".
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:07 pm

salamanca wrote:so congrats, you are now in my "home game".

Well your home game is going to GenCon, so you better free up your schedule ;)

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:12 pm

Bitter grumbling aside:. I would happily run or play the following games. 7th sea, it came from the late, late show, mouseguard as a doom filled dark epic, any game with airships, hollow earth expedition, paranoia, over the edge, fiasco, necessary evil converted to faserip, a 30's era tales of the gold monkey campaign (mechanics using MS&PE) and I would run cthulhu but apparently people think I take that too far and cause insanity in the players rather than their characters. And mark, I have a proxy for gencon...
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:23 pm

salamanca wrote:And mark, I have a proxy for gencon...

No one can replace you Dave

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:43 pm

I'm easy to replace. Just stick a red and black shirt on someone, hand the episode 1 and tell them to do the most entertaining thing in response to the players. And I am already looking at successors for when I go deaf and blind someday.
salamanca

Postby Eyeheartawk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Dave, pickings aren't so slim as they used to be. Have you tried looking online? Enworld has a really nice find a game/game group tool, meetup.com might also work.
Eyeheartawk

Postby Lord_Nabu » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:22 am

I play 7th Sea about once a year, when I can get my friends together in the same place.

Apart from that it's just WoW and VF on the Xbox (and LEGO games with the kids).
My personal 2nd ed. 7th Sea can be found here: http://theah.sanctum.dk/#home be forewarned might be too simulationist for the weak of heart.
Lord_Nabu

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:41 am

Forgot Jason is new. He doesn't realize I am a luddite yet.
salamanca

Postby smafdi » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:44 am

I keep offering you to join our home group dave, just because it comes with a 4hr 1 way commute isn't a reason to say no......

on the gaming side, we are either currently playing / finishing up l5r rpg, 7th sea is up on deck with all new characters, looks like this time it's going to be 4 avalon glamor mages, 1 pirate, and something else...................

on the board game side i'm trying to get set up for an eclipse day, otherwise it's just randomly whatever we have time for, puzzle strike and 7 wonders are the main features currently, with a little flash duel while waiting for others to show.

shameless plug: i'm looking to start myself into the 7th sea gm club and need players who aren't my normal gaming group, anyone in/around the cbus area interested in a 1 - 2 a month gathering for 7th sea hit me up.
smafdi

Postby Eyeheartawk » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:52 am

salamanca wrote:Forgot Jason is new. He doesn't realize I am a luddite yet.

Here you go. A friend of mine used this to find a gaming group in Germany even, so it's pretty solid.
Eyeheartawk

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 am

smafdi wrote:shameless plug: i'm looking to start myself into the 7th sea gm club and need players who aren't my normal gaming group, anyone in/around the cbus area interested in a 1 - 2 a month gathering for 7th sea hit me up.

Hmm, it's only a 13 hour drive...

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:18 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Hmm, it's only a 13 hour drive...

We do have a couch you could crash on >.>
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:21 pm

smafdi wrote:
Black Jack Rackham wrote:Hmm, it's only a 13 hour drive...

We do have a couch you could crash on >.>

When I mentioned this to my wife, she said, and I'm quoting here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ozzsURtdUI

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:49 pm

That's funny Mark, she told me on the phone just a few days ago I could borrow you anytime I felt like it. Now, I was saving that time for some major physical labor like ditch digging. I am gonna toss out an idea for you GMs that I will probably never get around to using as my folks hate the theme. I want to write a modern fairytale/fantasy adventure (charles deLint style stuff) where every single thing is based on a song lyric. Names, items, places, events, all of it. Now, the one I willget around to (sooner once Grace reads this) is a hollow earth/ indiana jones style adventure based on the items listed in the Rush song "Dreamline".
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:14 am

Now, the one I willget around to (sooner once Grace reads this) is a hollow earth/ indiana jones style adventure based on the items listed in the Rush song "Dreamline".

I'm here. 8-)
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby spizio » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:30 am

Since I generally have a poor memory for song lyrics, yes I would hate that. Well presuming that knowing the lyrics was integral to the game. If it was just a series of in jokes and ahhhh moments I would likely not even notice.
spizio

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:56 am

I'm interested, but then Charles de Lint is one of my favorite authors, and I like his style of writing.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:37 pm

See, and I don't particularly like his work but I get the idea of the genre and have realized that nobody has managed to make it work well in a game. Phil Brucatto almost got it with Deleria but the mechanics were a train wreck. I don't know as knowing the lyrics would be key but so many songs have a line that just jumps out and screams "add to the imagry of this because it is currently nonsense". Most of "Tommy" the nicknames in all of Springsteen's early albums (the magic rat) and the psychedelic era beatles stuff could cover a good year of play alone.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Well, his earlier stuff is better to me than his later stuff, but each to his own.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Probably Peter Gabriel era Genesis could be intriguing too for that.
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby kenderleech » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:32 pm

7th sea, running on sundays and wednesdays.

Star wars old republic and Rift, when i have time after work

Warhammer 40k, when i have an opponent on a day off
kenderleech

Next

Return to Mundane Matters