Man, it is sweltering!

The place for everything else.

Man, it is sweltering!

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:27 pm

I don't know how high the temp got today, as I didn't look then, but up here on the 3rd floor, I think it tripled out, at each level. UGH.

I've taken 2 cold showers today just to keep from overheating, face is sweating so much, I've got to keep a towel around my neck just to keep from creating a puddle.

Really thinking about pulling out the AC from the back closet and hooking it up, except I really don't want the expensive electric bills. At least I don't have to pay for the water bill.

Its times like this I look forward to going to work, lol, even if its boring as hell, since they have AC, though the other day it sure didn't seem it; but then I was doing a lot of lifting and loading. We had 10 boxes of Orchids that had to be put out on display, even though we didn't have the room for them anyway. Had to improvise and place most of them along the window ledge around the inside of the cafe area.

Poor Blue has been uncomfortable too, so I've wrapped a ice pack in a couple of wash cloths, and he was laying down on it to help him cool off. Wish I could do the same, but don't have a big enough ice pack. Guess I could use one on my forehead though. Whew.

Off to get more water to drink.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Re: Man, it is sweltering!

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:32 pm

You've got my sympathies, Rebecca. :(
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Thanks LG, hope your keeping cool. I think I'm going to get in one more cold shower before heading to bed. :P
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:29 pm

The trick is to run nekkid through the neighborhood. Then somebody calls some nice folks and when the guys in uniforms show up, you shout, "i am the queen of england!. Bow to me loyal subject!". Then they drive you to a nice place with AC. Alternately, you can drive to the mall and people watch.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:20 am

Too hot to sleep. :P

Well, the first option isn't viable, as there ain't no way I'd do it, and I would scare everyone away anyways, even the men in the white coats. The second option, driving to the mall.... well, yes and no.

See, there are a couple of malls close to my house, but one is an outside mall, which means, big huge parking space surrounded by line of buildings, that do not interconnect with each other, so you have to go into each one separately, meaning either pick one and stay there til they kick you out, or find secondary option to this.

There is another mall, that is attached and huge, and also where they built the brand new senior living facility attached to it, with all the bells and whistles, making it extremely expensive to shop (surprised you don't have to pay to breath the air there), and has major parking issues. Just try to find a decent space anywhere near a half a mile from it, over fresh tar paved parking lot.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby spizio » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:28 am

spizio

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:33 am

Sorry Spizio, I can't watch you tube things, as I have dial up and it takes too long for them to upload. :(
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby spizio » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:43 pm

It is Mathew Broderick contemplating the heat in Biloxi Blues? In other words it is, "Africa hot!"
spizio

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Well, it been another hot day, but not as bad as the other day. Normally would be gaming at Mark's today, but he's off on a family vacation, so I sit here contemplating what to do first, while waiting for the storm to pass overhead. I've got the table together, and I guess I could start working on some of the sewing projects I have waiting, but I do actually need to go to the fabric store for a couple of things, so I guess I can wait til tomorrow for that, since I have it off (slow summer time means I get an extra day off work here and there).

I've sat and watched a couple of movies trying to get some inspiration to my 7th Sea game, and I think I got a couple of good ideas on the back burners.

Today is also laundry day, ugh. So I do have to head out later to get that done, and in my chores tomorrow, I need to get the car an oil change, rotate the tires, and check the breaks, since it has to be inspected this month.

Just bored right now, and bouncing off the walls here in the house. Finished reading all my new books, and actually re-read a couple, just because.
Got some jewelry projects also to work on, we'll see how that goes, as my mood changes. I have found if I am not in the mood to do something, its best to leave things alone, or I get frustrated and mess up more than I like.

Can you tell I'm bored, lol. Just rambling to do something. Sigh. Guess I should get the laundry done, as it does give me something to do, even though I dread going to the laundrymat. :P
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:35 pm

OH DEAR GOD! I thought it was sweltering the other day. Try going to the laundry mat and doing laundry on a hot humid day, with no air flow in the laundry mat! I think I lost 10 pound in water weight alone.

Then I really don't know if this guy was just being an asshole or just dumb. He was cleaning up around the place, and I know he had to get his job done, but when I go to put brand new hot out of the dryer clothes on the table to fold them, what does he do? Beats me to the table and wipes it down with a sopping wet towel. Hellloooo, person with newly dried clean clothes here, does not want to have a sopping wet table to fold them up on. I made him find me a towel to dry it off with, because he was just going to leave it to air dry. Now it was hot in the place, but that table was wet!

So anyway, laundry is finally done, now got to get the car all taken care of tomorrow.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:36 pm

Totally unbearable here too. It may have hit 80 today. Almost had to run home from the renn faire and get a tabard or cloak. yeah, be jealous...it's pleasant in ohio (except for the daily storms, muddy ground, and humidity)
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Hope its a better year for you this year at your Ren Faire. Got to let us know what happened, and NO FALLING OFF STUFF!
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:27 pm

Well, I guess it's time to post in here again. Today's temp went up to 101 degrees. Poor, poor, Blue, my pet rat. He's terribly miserable with this heat, and so I cleaned his cage and turned things around on him to give him something to think about, besides the heat. It's worked a bit, as he keeps trying to move things back to their old places, and I figure he will eventually get them there. But meanwhile, he's getting cool baths occationally, and I also have a ice pack that I wrap in a facecloth that he lays on, til it warms up.

Me, meanwhile, got the car fixed (again), and sitting and sweltering, drinking lots of water, and debated on going out to a movie, but I really didn't see anything that grabbed my attention, that I couldn't wait on the DVD for.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby spizio » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:32 pm

The grease in the pan from my supper has not even started to congeal. I finished eating 3 hours ago. I think this might qualify as hot.
spizio

Postby salamanca » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Sent the front your way. But I used standard bulk rate mail so it may take a few days. Very comfy but wet on this side.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:32 am

Dave! If I knew you were going to send it bulk rate, I'd have wired you the cash for first class! You know all the water is going to evaporate before it gets here, at that speed don't you? Geesh. :roll:

;) :lol:

Actually was supposed to get some thundershowers last night, but nada. So lets see if any decide to come out and play today.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:37 am

You do not want ALL the water. ALL the water is bad. It will force you to start a thread about your upper floor apartment being flooded.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:48 am

Well, no rain as of yet, here in Natick, though it has cooled down. From what I heard from my downstairs neighbor, there was some major downpouring of rain in Worcester yesterday, which is probably about a 45 minute drive from my house heading west, so I think the box broke. :P
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby svensven » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:20 am

So i visited the great Northeast a few weeks back.

IS THERE ANY SUN IN NEW HAMPSHIRE?

It rained every darn day. I am lucky our tent was waterproof. We went from 95 and muggy to 70 and wet every day. I thought I was in Seattle. I seriously was on lookout for sparkly vampires...

Matt
svensven

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:09 pm

You didn't go south enough. Massachusetts has had tons of sun. Finally got some rain today.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:27 pm

svensven wrote:So i visited the great Northeast a few weeks back
IS THERE ANY SUN IN NEW HAMPSHIRE?
Matt

We must have just missed one another. We took the kids to StoryLand in NH just 2 weeks ago.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby svensven » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:43 pm

We were just south of there in Conway on July 1st. Spent 5 days hiking the white mountains :)
svensven

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:11 pm

Well, we've had a good bout of rain today, and looks like we are getting ready for more, but where's the cooling air, the nice breeze? Still got the freeking damn humidity!

Edit. We had the second rainfall, and things now do seem cooler, so hopefully it will stay this way for a bit.
Rebecca Iavelli

Return to Mundane Matters