FREAKING CARS!

The place for everything else.

FREAKING CARS!

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Ok, so I go to have my car get an oil change, and a break job today. Had them check the tires, and they said they were good, so I didn't need to buy new ones. But while they were checking the breaks, they told me one of the axles was needing to be fixed, so I told them to go ahead and do it, as I need the car, and no its not just because I am a girl. This is a place I go to all the time because they are good mechanics and tell me exactly what I need.

So I get the car fixed, after $900 bucks (ouch), and sitting in the building from 1:30 in the afternoon til 5pm at night (the parts dept had sent wrong part so had to wait for the right part), I leave and was heading home, when I decided I was hungry, and stopped down the street from my house at a pizza place to get a sub. I get my food, and get back into the car, put her into reverse, while turning the wheels, she moves a few feet backward, I shift again to go in forward gear, then something goes "POP".

So I'm in this pizza place's parking space taking up all the spaces, since I had turned the car while backing up, so I could head out and back home. So I check that I had put her into forward gear, yep. Engine revs, but no movement of car. Put her into reverse, engine revs again, but no movement.
The guys in the pizza place come out to see what's wrong. I tell them I heard something "POP". But looking at the parking lot, there is no sign of any liquid coming out of the car, so it can't be a hose of any type. Yet the car will not move forward or backward, though the stick shift gets into gear, and is not wobbling all over the place (have had that happen in another car, so I know its not the gear shaft), and the engine revs.

I call the place I just had it fixed at. Wondering if something they had done, might have done a chain reaction to something in the car. Well he said it sounded like the transmission, but then he said it might be the other axel. He said it might have come loose, but the only way we will find out, is taking it back to them tomorrow, as I am too frustrated to do anything more about it today. They were about to close, and I had spent more time there than I already wanted to and I still have to eat my dinner before it gets cold.

So the pizza guys help me push the car over to the side of their building, and I'll get a tow truck tomorrow to take her back to the garage and see what's wrong with her.
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Re: FREAKING CARS!

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:13 am

Just got back from having the car looked at again. Turns out it was the new axle they put on that broke in half, and that was the "POP" sound I heard. So they ordered a new part, from a different supplier, re-fixed the car, and drove it around to test it a bit. So hopefully things are good now. Not charged either, since they were fixing the part they originally worked on.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:04 pm

Well, something else has come up. Now the Brake light will not go off. Just got the blankety-blank things done. Car was fine til yesterday morning on the way to work, and it kept blinking on and off. Today on my one trip out of the house to get some groceries, it was steady and would not turn off. Of course I couldn't do anything about it then, or today, as the garage was closed. So, again on my day off (tomorrow), I'll be sitting in the garage, while they figure out what's wrong now.

I think its time I start looking for a new car. Was hoping this one would hold out for a couple of more years, but not sure of it now.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Well, this was an easy fix. Turns out the new brake fluid they had put in was low, and causing a sensor to go off. So they filled her up the rest of the way, and she's good to go now. Hopefully this will be the last problem for a while. I've done all this so I can get her inspected before the end of the month. Wish me luck. :roll:
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:22 pm

If the light kicks on again or the fluid is low again in the next week, you have a leak. Keep an eye on it
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:24 pm

I think I am Jinxed with this car. Yes, the break light has started flashing again, so it means another trip to the garage. Thing was, they said they couldn't find any leaks, and everything was "dry" when they looked it over the other day. I did think I smelled something kinda "oily" a couple of times during the ride home. UGH. I need this car to pass inspection! I am soo pissed right now.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:04 am

I have told you and told you Laura, you keep treating your car with respect. You have to stop doing that. Your conversations with it should be more like, "I DARE you to finally break down so I can get something decent!" Then it will survive out of spite!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:15 pm

Yo, Mark. Have you seen how crappy my car looks lately, with bags of laundry and other junk tossed into it? How can that be respectful of it. I've treated it like crap, and it crapped out on me. :P
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:30 pm

Rebecca Iavelli wrote:Yo, Mark. Have you seen how crappy my car looks lately, with bags of laundry and other junk tossed into it? How can that be respectful of it. I've treated it like crap, and it crapped out on me. :P

It's not enough to just treat it like crap, you have to tell it you're treating it like crap, rub its nose in the fact. Show utter contempt and disdain! Remember what happened with my old Saturn?
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:45 pm

Anyway, I have to go to the garage tomorrow morning to have them fix it. Just loving this thing lately of spending my day off work at a garage...NOT! :evil:
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:46 am

Ok, that problem is fixed. This time it was a washer in one of the calipers of the break. No charge again, thank goodness.

So, after all this, tomorrow I am taking it to get inspected (before anything else happens to it), and hopefully she will pass.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:04 pm

Ok, just a quick update. Finally went today and got the car inspected. I had tried several times to go to the place across from my work, but they have been so busy lately, you can't even find a parking space, so went to my place I get my gas, and in 10 minutes car was inspected and passed. I am glad all that is over. Another year down.
Rebecca Iavelli

Return to Mundane Matters