odd things crossing my mind since I am on a real comp.

The place for everything else.

odd things crossing my mind since I am on a real comp.

Postby salamanca » Tue May 17, 2011 3:19 pm

1- Is it just me or does this website have the most "on topic" off-topic area? We really just focus on stuff centered on the events and games and sites linked to those.

2- I just looked at the Origins "Guest list" Zahn, Hensley, and Beard. I like these guys and their work. I really like them, a lot. But I know Hensley and Beard. I've bought dinner for Ed and his daughter. Looking at this list of guests I feel like it says "Special Guests: Charlie, Mark and Wick"

3- I'm thinking of building a Player character meeting list for this campaign. A blank checklist sort of thing I can use to fill in who else was at the table and which adventure (plus who my character has gotten along with and who they are mad at) Should I bring extra copies or just get it done and have mark post it as a download?

4- I know we love getting together and spending as long as possible together at the con but with costs and attendance being what it has been recently (plus the schedule changing to may) is it really smart to push Origins into a 5 day convention?

5- I signed up for nothing but 7th sea again this year. you dogs managed to set the schedule so nothing else fits. you all end an hour too late or start an hour too early for anything else. I swear I used to play other stuff. (5 is an odd number so I will stop there and let you discuss)
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Re: odd things crossing my mind since I am on a real comp.

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 17, 2011 4:20 pm

1. Yup it sure is and we sure do. I will next be starting a topic entitled "Random Crap I Noticed While Watching Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes"

2. I JUST GOT MENTIONED IN A SENTENCE WITH JOHN WICK!!!!! (That is, unless I wasn't the "Mark" you were referring to). I'll just be quiet now.

3. Dear GOD that is awesome! I was trying to create that ability by making a space to write the other names of the heroes you play with, but more details would be MUCH better! Definitely bring it along.

4. Well I really do still love playing (since I am running most of what the regular group is playing) so for selfish reasons I like the extra day (Its the same reason I show up early at GC and have that unofficial extra day too). But I am worried about making it earlier. It means lots less kiddos showing up (and before any of us old fogies complain about those whipper-snappers, they ARE the future of RPGs. We lose them, we lose...period). I was hoping that after a couple of years training my son at Total Confusion, that Origins would be next. But if he is still in school cause Origins is getting earlier and earlier, I may have to just wait and take him to GenCon.

5. I feel for you. I'd love to get in some Champions or Call of Cthulhu or maybe even Mega-Paranoia. I just don't know where/when I'll have the time.

6. (I'm adding it just cause I'm special) This really easy event registration combined with getting my events in despite the snafus (plus I am really looking forward to seeing all of you) has me geared up for this Origins as much as I am usually psyched for GC. I used to feel like the outsider, but now I'm feeling like this is my second home away from home (this despite the fact that its pretty obvious Lady Grace hates me enough to avoid every single Origins I ever attend ;) )
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue May 17, 2011 4:38 pm

See Mark, I included you in the special guest list for a reason. Because all your stuff got in and it went easy.

Really, you have to consider Origins in Ohio as a game in the big fancy house I can't afford. It's just like being at my house except there are no pets, the place has been vacuumed and dusted, the rooms have beds instead of boxes of stuff, and there are places to eat.

Lady Grace does not hate you. She just likes other stuff more than us. (plus she is afraid Jeremy will wear her wedding kilt again)

If you start a stuff I'm thinking of while watching Avengers thread, I will fill it this summer with stuff I'm thinking about while cleveland media fawns over them filming it in cleveland.

Speaking of Avengers, Just saw Thor the other day. Might be the best Marvel movie to date. Iron Man 1 might be better, but it's close.

Speaking of Movies, Pirates 4 hits this friday. Shame on any of you posting here instead of going to watch it. Double penalty if you post and spoil it for me.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Tue May 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Believe me, Mark, if I could go, I would. Last year, we had no budget and this year, my show got renewed for another run (sadly, not a paying gig, but it's acting at least).

My fingers are still crossed for a return one of these years. Muffin needs to walk among his followers again! :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby cpugs » Tue May 17, 2011 8:47 pm

1- Being a work in progress it will evolve.

2- As far as I care, the Guests of honor are Dave, Mark, Laura, Michael, Floyd, Deb, and all of the floks running the 7th sea events. Those are the people I come to see, and would pay good money to boot.

3- That sounds great, not only for Mark but anyone running a continuing campaign, I wonder wher it could be posted for maximum value?

4- May is a disaster that I hope they soon discover. Major cons are now 5 day events. Hell, I'd take a week off to see you folks regulary.

5- I signed up for Hollow earth, which is a great con rpg. Two minuature events (desperado). Seventh sea events with the usually cast of characters. Deadlands as a blast from the past, and two events of some heroes of Anti-mater or some such place....
cpugs

Postby salamanca » Tue May 17, 2011 8:51 pm

Hollow earth with ed rollins or andrew jensen?. Ed was really good. Andrew was they guy we watched chase off half the group out of boredom.
salamanca

Return to Mundane Matters