Greatest Mouse Guard Find EVER!

The place for everything else.

Greatest Mouse Guard Find EVER!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:33 pm

Saw this for sale on ebay, I may have to beg, plead, and grovel in front of my wife to get it (it will be worth it).

smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Greatest Mouse Guard Find EVER!

Postby salamanca » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:45 am

It'll rip yer 'ead off, it will.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby salamanca » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:20 pm

Mark, I would like to note your restraint from titling this the "Holy Grail of Mouseguard items". (the rest of you were thinking it, stop rolling your eyes).
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby kenderleech » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Id like to think that it was a deliberate choice on marks part. My second thought was he could have called it the Graal of mouseguard.
kenderleech

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:05 pm

I like both of those excuses better than "I forgot" I guess I'm just bad, bad and naughty, evil, wicked...

Wait, where's Carol Cleveland when I need her...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:19 pm

SO, a blonde with boobs is supposed to be your reason you forgot? Like that might distract the guys, but doesn't work for me. :P
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:26 pm

Laura,
You really need to stay out of the Monty Python quoting threads... :roll:

Or better yet, WATCH MONTY PYTHON!

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:41 pm

Well, your just going to have to stamp them with a "MP" or something, so that I know what your gabbing about.
I tried watching MP when you lent me the Grail one, and I guess, that while I do like British comedy (loved Are You Being Served), I have heard so much about the show, it just didn't do anything for me watching it. Barely raised a snicker out of me.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:31 pm

I was 6 years old when I saw my first Python episode. It was the one where the blancmange from space tried to win Wimbledon by turning the population of Great Britain into Scotsmen.

This probably was a key part in developing to the well-adjusted woman I am today. :twisted:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:33 pm

That's the thing. I wasn't raised watching MP, and didn't get into being a MP fan. Of course thoughout the years I've heard all the quotes probably at one time or another, and of course they were funny when I first heard them, but hearing them now, on the show, is old stuff. Like I said to you before Mark, I've been ruined from the show because I didn't get to see it when it was "fresh and new", everything about it seems like a "has been done" before, from the copycats that I have seen, so I don't find it as funny as I probably should.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:31 am

Laura, you aren't the only one with a misplaced sense of humor. I grew up when Bill Cosby, Tom Lehrer, and others, were producing comedy records. And, I didn't care for their stuff when it was fresh, let alone rehashed.

Humor can be a funny thing! Now, my kind of humor is like that found in New Yorker cartoons!
Sister Sonya

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:03 am

I grew up when Bill Cosby, Tom Lehrer, and others, were producing comedy records. And, I didn't care for their stuff when it was fresh, let alone rehashed.

You are dead to me. :evil:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

Lady Grace

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:59 am

Now, see, I love Bill Cosby's stuff. He always makes me laugh, even when he is re-hashing. I don't recognize Tom Lehrer's name, but I might have seen him. Flip Wilson, Arte Johnson, Carol Burnett, Tim Conway, JoAnn Whorley were other comedians I thought were great. All of Laugh-In was big with me, loved that show. So I did get some good comedy growing up, but for some reason we were not allowed to watch Monty Python. Maybe my father thought it was too "risque" or something, but it was on our "can not watch" list while growing up. I do remember occasionally sneaking up and watching Black Adder, when I could. Had to keep the volume down, so it was hard to understand, but loved the costumes.

Oh, and to get back on track, were you able to bid on the Mouse Guard item Mark? Did you win, or is it still up on bidding?
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:11 am

We've recently been on a Tom Lehrer kick here. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glfk_8oU7ko

Lady Grace

Postby Sister Sonya » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:16 am

Lady Grace wrote:You are dead to me. :evil:

What about New Yorker cartoons? :P
Sister Sonya

Return to Mundane Matters