Random Crap I Noticed While Watching Avengers: Earth's Might

The place for everything else.

Random Crap I Noticed While Watching Avengers: Earth's Might

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 17, 2011 4:35 pm

1. The couch we have in the TV room comes from my (now-deceased) mother-in-law. It is rediculously fancy and (probably) hidiously expensive. As a result it's been urinated on more by my children than any other piece of furniture in the house (including their own beds). How the hell do they do that?

2. Despite having both Vol 1 and Vol 2, there are several episodes in Season 1 I am missing. Why do this to me you bastards, WHY?!?!

3. I will do a stunning amount of couch acrobatics in order to turn up the sound on the TV without having to get up and open the door which covers the audio equipment (and blocks the signal from the remote). When I finally have to get up, I feel like the door won the contest.

4. A warning to potential parents: never, Never, NEVER stick your hands between the couch cushions. Sometimes they ARE raisins, sometimes, well, they aren't.

5. Whoever is doing the voice of Iron Man sounds an awful lot like Jack Black.

6. Wait until your wife is heading to bed before starting to watch the Avengers, her commentary, while insightful, will force you to stop to answer her questions whereupon you will miss Captain America flinging his shield into Baron Zemo. And, when you begin again, her comments will be tinged with such derision as to lessen your enjoyment for hours to come.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Re: Random Crap I Noticed While Watching Avengers: Earth's M

Postby salamanca » Tue May 17, 2011 4:45 pm

1- you should walk the kids in the yard every 2 hours until they go. That is how you train them. ((and are you sure it was all the kids? Not shedding some blame are you?)

2- They want you to buy the special bonus essential complete edition. Or you imagined those episodes.

3- You need to move the audio equipment. or dump the fancy cabinet for some milk crates and pine boards and live like a college student.

4- There are never raisins between cushions, just very old grapes.

5- That's Eric Loomis who has a pic on IMDB that looks a lot like Jack Black.

6- That's Bonus points for you for paying full attention to your wife and her question. If she wants to get on you for that, you need to point out you are not and have not ignored her to pay attention to the awesomeness of the Captain beaning the Baron. then you should start over again to emphasize how cool that is.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 17, 2011 4:54 pm

1. It coulda been the wife, she's been sick. But I'm pretty sure it was the youngest, the wife forgot to change his diaper and I don't wanna touch that, it's icky...

2. nope looked it up on Wikipedia, and we all know they are ALWAYS right.

3. See I'm smart enough to leave the doors open, but one of the slobbermonsters always comes and "helpfully" closes them for me when I'm not looking.

4. I didn't add in the extra, and DON't under ANY circumstance taste them just to 'make sure'

5. duelly (is that the way that's supposed to be spelled?) noted

6. I DID get her started watching Firefly that way...
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Alright, so since there are still 13 episodes in the first season, I've been forced to DVR every replay of the entire season hoping that, eventually I will get all 13 (or will get the lowered number ones and at least begin watching). Talk about irksome. I really like what they've done with this show.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Tue May 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Hulu.... that's all I gotta say.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue May 24, 2011 5:11 pm

It's got a couple but not too many that I'm missing. Fortunately it sends me to Marvel.com where there are more (but still not all). Well, that's progress. Thanks Sal!

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:32 am

So I found a website with all of the old episodes, I am now completely caught up! This is a really good series. And I like how they are stealing from all the classic episodes but updating them.

Mark

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:55 pm

For Mark's consideration... They are currently filming The Avengers in downtown Cleveland. They have literally blocked off a main street downtown for the next month to film. They are also blowing things up two blocks from my friend John's house on the west side of town. Freaking awesome.
salamanca

Postby Lady Grace » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:43 am

*cries*

I couldn't audition to be an extra due to a family situation. :evil:
"You're still mad at me about that whole 'gun-pointing' thing, aren't you?" -- Fortunato Valeri

And here's where I try to be a writer...
Lady Grace

Postby salamanca » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:07 pm

From what has been reported and the handful of photos the paper has been publishing I think the secret unrevealed villians for the Avengers movie will be the Skrulls. (and Loki, but we knew about him)
salamanca

Return to Mundane Matters