The NEW 7th Sea Movie Inspiration List

The place for everything else.

Re: The NEW 7th Sea Movie Inspiration List

Postby spizio » Mon May 12, 2014 9:16 pm

Starting on May 30th NBC has a pirate series, Crossbones, which stars John Malkovich as Blackbeard the pirate.
spizio

Postby smafdi » Tue May 13, 2014 8:22 am

Man what is up with all these legit movie stars doing tv now. Great for us but still really weird to me. Looking forward to it.
smafdi

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:11 pm

Wrong time in history (by just over a hundred years) but thought I should point people toward Poldark. It's got 4 seasons but the first two are available on Amazon Prime
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:39 am

Ok update on Poldark, I just watched most of the first season. Definitely not a swashbuckling story. More akin to period piece soap opera.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm

Haven't updated this one in a while but two (or really 3) recommendations. Apparently France is on a swashbuckling kick so last year they put out another rendition of The Three Musketeers. But rather than condence everything into one movie they opted for keeping more in and doing two movies instead. So if you're interested the two are

The Three Musketeers: D'Artagnan and The Three Musketeers: M'Lady

(the former is already streaming on Amazon, the latter will be out this month)

AND that very same company is just now announcing their next movie,

The Count of Monte Cristo

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Mundane Matters