so...Thor...

The place for everything else.

so...Thor...

Postby salamanca » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Saw it last night. Not impressed. Acting was fine, plot was one of my favorite Thor stories from my favorite Thor run. Dialog was good. So what wrecked this?. 2 things. Natalie Portman is like watching an empty spot on the screen similar to Christian Bale or Kevin Costner. A shape moves and words come out and you just don't make any connection to the performance. Secondly, in the middle of the movie we suddenly have lasers and spaceships. It was like another star wars preequel snuck into the movie (probably portman's fault with the dimension rifts.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Re: so...Thor...

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:21 am

salamanca wrote:plot was one of my favorite Thor stories from my favorite Thor run.

Would that happen to be during Walt Simonson's run of Thor? Cause I gotta say, that's my absolute favorite Beta Ray Bill, Frog Thor, Executioner with M16s, oh hellz yea!
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:17 pm

That would be affirmative. Thunder frog rocked
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:38 pm

It may stun all of you but I have yet to see this. BUT since my mother is here for the holidays, I convinced Jenny we still needed to see this. It's still playing at the second run Cinema Pub, so I'm going to see if we can go tonight.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:03 am

So just got back. Thought it was all good fun. Saw some of the Thor/Odin fight over Jane Foster cause daddy want's him to take over in Asgard plot.

The discussion with Dave earlier led me to believe that Thunder Frog was IN the movie, was awfully disappointed when he never showed up. But I loved, Loved, LOVED the fact that they snuck in The Executioner. Now we just need Enchantress and we're all set.

Tom Hiddleston made this movie for me. You can see he's not only comfortable with the character but is enjoying being the bad guy you simply cannot kill.

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:14 am

You know Mark, you are giving away secrets of the movie, and some of us have yet to see it. You need to put a spoiler alert when you do that. :P
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:21 am

Ok SPOILER ALERT

The following is a list of things NOT in this movie
Legolas
Thunder Frog
Santa
My children
Bananas
The Hulk
Alien fishcakes
Anyone named Avitus
The song, "American Pie" by Don Mclean (does not include the 'Weird Al' Star Wars inspired parody from 1999 or the Madonna cover from 2000)
References to tooth decay

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to Mundane Matters