Went to the hospital today...

The place for everything else.

Went to the hospital today...

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Last couple of days I have been having some major back spasms, and I thought that it might be a kidney stone causing it. So after about 3 and a half hours of being prodded, tested and having a ultra sound done, they think that it is a UTI that has moved up into the right kidney, since that is where most of the pain has affected me.

But on the good side, other than that and a slightly high blood pressure (which could be from what they call "White Coat Syndrome" and the fact I've been in pain for the last couple of days), I'm good to go. Still got the spasms occationally, but was given a prescription that will hopefully clear it out.

(White Coat Syndrome - fear of Doctors) :P
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Re: Went to the hospital today...

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Glad to hear it's nothing serious (painful but not serious).
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:56 pm

This is the point where "real life Dave" would list about half a dozen terrible things it could be (all ridiculously rare and far worse) that would qualify for an episode of House. But the polite, proper and friendly "official Dave" will just say , "ouch, have a friend with that issue and you need to be certain to use the full treatment and avoid a relapse".
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:43 pm

I will say I am amazed at how quickly the medication has worked (and I will do the full 7 days!), but the pain from 2 days ago I could hardly move without screaming in pain, to today, after just 1 dose last night, where it barely is twitching. Not something I really want to experience again!
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:55 pm

The pain is the same, you are just used to it now.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Mundane Matters