Mark, here is the new Wonder Woman choice...

The place for everything else.

Mark, here is the new Wonder Woman choice...

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:26 pm

But you probably already knew it, just thought I would post just in case. For the record, I think she doesn't fit the looks of what I think Wonder Woman should look like, but then the picture they show of her isn't the best. I always think that Wonder Woman has blue eyes too, so I don't know if they will have her wearing contacts or not. Probably not.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=841981
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Re: Mark, here is the new Wonder Woman choice...

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:34 am

Yup I did see this. Not particularly impressed with the choice (though not unimpressed either). My preference would have been one of Joss Whedon's pics, Morena Baccarin (though I'm not sure she's um...voluptuous enough...)
imagesYQ1IUAK1.jpg
imagesYQ1IUAK1.jpg (5.42 KiB) Viewed 13305 times
cropped.jpg
cropped.jpg (65.77 KiB) Viewed 13305 times
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby spizio » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Well at least she would have had to grow her hair out again. But I have to disagree on Morena. I don't see her as much of an action star.
spizio

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:07 pm

On the way to work today, my radio station was having a discussion about Wonder Woman. The female DJ was ranting to the guy Djs, that Wonder Woman was not about the "bra", and that if so, it would be something like Superman without the muscle ( I don't really recall exactly what she said because they were all talking at the same time about then). But then I so get her thoughts about it, that it is not just, as Mark mentioned. "The voluptuous" of the character that makes Wonder Woman "Wonderful", but that she is a female super hero, yet people always expect her to be "voluptuous".
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby salamanca » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:21 pm

The TV show ended up a huge symbol for the women's rights movement in the 70's. The character has not always been portrayed as that independent but over the last 40 years, the creative teams HAVE adopted that stance and it's a great decision to portray her as competant, capable and strong in ways beyond physical might. Forget appearance, Morena is not confident enough for the role. That is the aspect that will make or break this performance. (well, that and a good screenplay).
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:46 am

I know that she usually plays more reserved characters, but, especially with Inarra, there is a certain quiet wisdom. I think she could translate that into a more powerful version. And damn if she doesn't look the part to me.
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby smafdi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:20 am

I have to agree with dave I don't really see her as diana per say, but... maybe her mother? Or possibly a sister (showing my lack of wonder woman lore, I don't actually know if she has a sister or not).
smafdi

Postby Sister Sonya » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:52 pm

My vote for Wonder Woman goes to Tessie Santiago:

http://www.media.lopek.com/img/headshot ... o_1326.jpg
Sister Sonya

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:51 am

Ok going off topic but I fear no mods so,
Mike your link to Tessie Santiago led me to some show called Queen of Swords. A woman as Zorro, sounded kind of interesting. Any more info about the show for us? I tried to see if there was a DVD collection but all I could find was a French one (that was subtitled in English) and a Japanese knockoff that had the episodes out of order. Help?

Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Sister Sonya » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:19 pm

Queen of Swords was a small-time foreign production (I forget where), setting very similar to Zorro: California, 1817, etc., produced about 12 years ago.

The production values weren't bad, the acting was variable, there was plenty of mostly believable action- and Tessie was on target as a swordswoman (imo) without seeming to be too masculine.

In particular, any female (or male) 7th Sea player of a female swordswoman could watch some episodes and get some good ideas for role-playing against male swordsmen (imo).

I have the whole run on VHS and some is available on You Tube, I believe.
Sister Sonya

Return to Mundane Matters