Well, its not Mead, but it's a story about Grog.

The place for everything else.

Well, its not Mead, but it's a story about Grog.

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:38 pm

This popped up today in my carousing the websites so I thought it was interesting enough to post.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/what-was-grog-scientists-analyze-ancient-nordic-drink-2D11926342
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Re: Well, its not Mead, but it's a story about Grog.

Postby salamanca » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:11 pm

Uses the word "carousing" when posting about booze...i see what you did there. Ok, I don't want to know why you are doing any searches that would pop up with this but it's interesting to read. Now I am going to ruin it for everybody. "did anybody consider these traces of 2000 year old booze might, just might have resulted from only owning one cup and not washing it much?". I'm just saying the trusty modern renn faire mug has been known to see up to a dozen different beverages on a typical day. If Olaf was swigging mead and Ivar shows up with a bottle of plundered italian wine I am betting I know what gets drunk out of the mug next.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Rebecca Iavelli » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:25 pm

LOL, actually, I was on the MSN science page checking out other stuff, and it was one of the stories on the sidebar. As far as you mentioning "the one cup", yeah, I thought about that too, but still decided to post a link to the story, for the Vestens of our group. ;)
Think! - Its not Illegal yet.
Rebecca Iavelli

Postby spizio » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:32 pm

Why are we also presuming the presence of southern wines indicates a "robust trade network"? Why can't we also have far reaching plunderers?
spizio

Return to Mundane Matters