Tablet Halp!

The place for everything else.

Tablet Halp!

Postby smafdi » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:33 pm

So I'm looking at getting a decent affordable tablet and it looks like i'm gonna hit the nexus 7(2013). Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions of something else? I'd like to say under 250$ if possible. Thanks!
smafdi

Re: Tablet Halp!

Postby salamanca » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:24 am

If you have a nook, there is a company that now sells a soft root converter to full "jelly bean" android. It loads on a microcard and ignores the nook memory completely. (the thing only pays attention to the card and the memory on the card) you can switch back to regular nook use at any time and bounce back and forth if you like. (but apps do not cross over) that may be the cheapest way to go full android tablet depending on the deal you find for the nook. I have switched mine over and it works just fine.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:35 am

I can't be much help I am an Apple fanboy. I could expound upon its awesomeness but we can just take it as a given ;)
smafdi wrote:STOP BEING SO DARN POPULAR GUYZ SRSLY I NEEDZ MEH GAMEZ TIHS YAER!!!

kenderleech wrote:If the cows were not meant to be ridden, why would they be so close to the chase scenes?
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby salamanca » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:19 pm

and his "under 250 limit" pretty much says no to apple. But apple is just built for the technologically impaired like business guys that can't figure out more than push the shiny button.

It really is amazing I don't use them. It's totally aimed at my level of unskill.
I don't mind growing old... but I hate growing up.
salamanca

Return to Mundane Matters